Started on: 05-17-2011 06:54 PM
Replies: 39
Last post by: firstfiero on 05-21-2011 07:10 AM
WhiteDevil88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post05-17-2011 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
Just downloaded the HBO Go app for my Droid. Super cool, basically all of HBO programming on.demand on my phone included in the cost for the satellite programming. I haven't checked it out over 3g yet, but with WiFi the video.streams quickly with HD quality picture and sound.

The future is an awesome time to live in.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
I suppose it would be if TV was worth watching
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-17-2011 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
I guess you are too busy reading books and following the theatre. Bully for you, sport.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Im sorry I dont get it. Who enjoys watching a movie on a 2 inch screen. Possibly some late breaking news, but thats it.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-17-2011 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Im sorry I dont get it. Who enjoys watching a movie on a 2 inch screen. Possibly some late breaking news, but thats it.

Ever have to wait at an airport? Doctors waiting room? Plus my phone has an HDMI output for a big screen.

BTW, it works on iPad. Did I mention its free?
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
Watch The Game of Thrones. I have loved the series so far.
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post

I thought the same thing but the iPhone screen is so crisp and clear its actually nice to watch. I usually tv series on Netflix every day at lunch. NGO go does rock. New movies and all there series ! It works great on 3G but I get a good AT&T signal.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
I think it's really cool that this is possible and don't blame anyone for going for it especially since it's free. I just hope that I never become that hooked on technology. Nothing wrong with it for those interested. Just not my cup of tea. Heck, I don't even like texting. If my cell phone wasn't so useful, I wouldn't even have it.

------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 05-19-2011).]

ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post

I'm sorry I don't get it, who enjoys Tivoing tons of programming and watching/keeping up with all the reality shows and Lindsay Lohan and jocking Charlie Sheen all the time while taking barely legal girls around in his limo?

Tell us how great Verizon is next please and that none of us should use our phones for anymore than calling people. Don't forget to mention the part that AT&T sucks and you hate them so much after suing them you wouldn't use their service for free.

------------------
If 1 vest is thin, then rock 2 vest.

[This message has been edited by ls3mach (edited 05-18-2011).]

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post

ls3mach

11603 posts
Member since Mar 2002

Originally posted by WhiteDevil88:

Just downloaded the HBO Go app for my Droid. Super cool, basically all of HBO programming on.demand on my phone included in the cost for the satellite programming. I haven't checked it out over 3g yet, but with WiFi the video.streams quickly with HD quality picture and sound.

The future is an awesome time to live in.

Sounds cool. I don't have HBO at my house or satellite so this wouldn't be available to me, would it? I only watch one show on HBO (just started Sunday), True Blood. I am about half way through season 2 so after I finish this up, there wouldn't be any programs for me to watch.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

many at the gym do
them cardio machines are boring all day long
I try to time my workouts with what will be on the overhead TV's - which basicly is Fox, CNN & ESPN, which is great for watching NASCAR on Sundays - but - for the most part - sucks.
I've been anciously awaiting Netflix for my Android.
and, not all devices have 2" screens. there is the new generation of smartphone based tablets.
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

I'm sorry I don't get it, who enjoys Tivoing tons of programming and watching/keeping up with all the reality shows and Lindsay Lohan and jocking Charlie Sheen all the time while taking barely legal girls around in his limo?

Tell us how great Verizon is next please and that none of us should use our phones for anymore than calling people. Don't forget to mention the part that AT&T sucks and you hate them so much after suing them you wouldn't use their service for free.

I watch NO reality tv shows....none unless you call trials reality 'shows. Ive had Verizon for 25 years with narry a problem of any kind. Yes people use a phone to make phone calls. ATT sucks across the board, yes I sued them and won. My buddy just got ATT for his internet. We spent 6 hours trying to get it to work, even with tech. It still wont connect to a new computer. 19 year old girl here yesterday gets to spend summer in jail (90days) for texting instead of calling someone. Sheen always was and is a total jerkoff....Lohan is a typically totally clueless celebrity. Ive got a big screen tv to watch tv shows (several in fact) and I wouldnt watch a 2" screen ever. 'IF' im somewhere that dont have something to do like at an airport, I can watch my 17" laptop or buy a $50 DVD player that at least is viewable. 20-25 year old girls are hardly 'barely legal' by any discription of the law except maybe yours. My limo is a toy just like your Fiero is to you. It comes in handy to run people around in instead of taking 4 cars, a bus or a big van...plus its fun to take to car cruises. We take it to races, bars, restaurants or whatever. It even worked great picking up a load of 2X4s. Did I miss anything mr nothing ?

firstfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
Damn roger I really used to like you but lately every time I read your post your being an ******* . What's up?

The point is you don't have to carry different devices anymore. I don't want to carry around a dvd player and dvds when I can have 10s of thousands of hours of programming right in my pocket! Nintendo is finding that out right now. There gameboys aren't selling! Why? No one needs to carry around a portable game machine anymore ....they have one on there phone. Android and iPhone app stores are kicking there butt. If you don't like it good. Don't use it. I love it and take advantage of it.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by firstfiero:

Damn roger I really used to like you but lately every time I read your post your being an ******* . What's up?

The point is you don't have to carry different devices anymore. I don't want to carry around a dvd player and dvds when I can have 10s of thousands of hours of programming right in my pocket! Nintendo is finding that out right now. There gameboys aren't selling! Why? No one needs to carry around a portable game machine anymore ....they have one on there phone. Android and iPhone app stores are kicking there butt. If you don't like it good. Don't use it. I love it and take advantage of it.

Hip hip.

This is honestly a great thing. Someone was posting about Verizon 4G LTE in another thread. With an 11Mbps downstream watching quality content is a reality. Not to mention my screen is 4.3" and some tablets are up to 11". In comparison the first portable DVD player had something like a 5" screen, weighed a ton and had a lower resolution screen. I don't personally watch TV, but streaming content is fantastic for any media. Anyway boo for me on this app, but awesome none the less.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I simply weighed in with my opinion. I dont know why this generation feels they have to be entertained 24/7. Cant walk, sit or drive without a phone in hand, earbuds in the ear. Their whole life revolves around a smart phone. Lose it and you have no record of appointments, way to get hold of friends, time, and god forbid you cant sit on a park bench without watching an episode of American Idol. Cant anyone just go sit in the park or on their porch and enjoy the outdoors. How about just striking up a conversation with a total stranger ? No one is so important that they cant just put down the phone and be unreachable for an hour. I swear no younger person can survive an hour with their phone just turned off. People walking down the street walk right into moving cars and the girls at the restaurant are talking or texting while their working serving customers. Rules even say NO PHONES, yet theyre willing to jeapordize losing their job to tell their friend she got new shoes. Sometimes I wish everything would shut down from a solar flare or something for a day so people could actually live their life. Next im going to expect to see tv imbedded in your corneas, earphones in your ear and a phone in your brain so you can become a real glob of jelly. In my place of business...if were talking business...and you start talking on your phone, I walk away or leave and thats the end of the conversation. Same policy should be at any check out line. Im happy everytime I walk into a business with a sign on the door saying 'NO CELL PHONES'. Even the biggest local junkyard has that policy now. Use it and they wont help you and then ask you to leave.

On your topic, I can see the benefit of having that app for free HBO since you CAN connect it to your home tv, which is the only way I would use it.

Heres something to do for you. Get a bunch of friends or family together, turn off all your phones and play a good game of Monopoly on the kitchen table for 4 or 5 hours. Eat, drink, laugh and talk to each other while doing so.

UPDATE; Just mentioning something new on the news hotline about my old friend AT&T. Seems the crooks there are still at it if you have a smart phone. AT&T is charging YOU data time used to update any software in the apps you have on your Iphone, even if its turned OFF. Reports are customers are charged between 14%-300% over what they should be. In a test on the news program, they turned it off overnite and found the next morning theyd been charged 35 mins of data time while it was off. AT&T claims was just routine updates of the installed apps software. Ya, I still say AT&T is run and operated by a mess of out and out crooks.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 05-19-2011).]

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Watching TV/movie on a two inch cell phone or a 50 inch HD TV screen at home.. lets see what shall I do, what shall I do? The cell phone technology of today reminds me of the people in the Disney movie Wall-E. engrossed in sitting down watching all on holographic images (3-D TV) as life passes them by.

I blocked texting on the cellphone as IT IS A PHONE..call me!
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
I FREQUENTLY go without mine. It infuriates my job. I don't take it on dates. I don't deal with it while interacting with ANYONE. If a friend comes over and I'm on the phone I hangup and visit with company.

Roger, FYI, I like to poop with mine. Now that is a great time to be entertained.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-19-2011 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
Well, **** you all. Next time I think about posting something cool, I will refrain.

BTW, my screen is 3.7 inches. Held in my hand, that is a picture as big as the 42" screen across the room.

[This message has been edited by WhiteDevil88 (edited 05-19-2011).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Ill bet your arms are tired after watching a 2 hour movie. I cant hold mine up for more than 15 minutes with nothing in them, lol. Im going to invent a harness that holds your phone a foot in front of your face 24/7 so you wont miss anything and still have your hands free.

No need to be defensive. You said you had this cool new app, and for you Im happy and you have the perfect right to post it. I just stated I dont get why people do it, and I have the perfect right to post that too. Neither of us have to agree with each other. There are lots of things I disagree with, but never a persons right to post it. As you can see, lots also disagree with my ideas and I can deal with that. This is not a popularity page to see who can get the most agreeable replies. I see we both have red and green. Its that old saying you cant please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 05-19-2011).]

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-19-2011 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
Get off my lawn.
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
LOL WhiteDevil, If and when the Droid Bionic comes out, HBO Go will be one of the very first apps I download.
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I did just do a little impromptu hands on test. For a 4" screen to 'look like' a 32" screen it has to be about 6" in front of your eye. Same test to a 50" screen looks like about 2" from your eye. Just sayin. I did this by sitting about 6 feet from the 32 and 50 inch tvs and holding up a 4inch square and moving it in and out till it appeared to match the tv screen size. measurments were all estimates, i didnt actually use a ruler.
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
Roger, I don't know how old you are. I don't consider myself that old but growing up the largest TV we had was maybe a 32". I had a 13" at one point. Most of my adult life I had a 19" or 20" TV. How big is a 27" from 6 feet away?
Would you refuse to watch TV because the picture was not as big as a movie theater screen?
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
lol - there is no need to defend or attack watching TV on a tiny screen. dont wanna do it? dont. want to? HBO Go YAY.

there are more than enough people who DO want this. I am one of them. I am waiting for Netflix to work on my Android, so I can watch while humping away on the elliptical at the gym. but, may never happen.....
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-20-2011 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

lol - there is no need to defend or attack watching TV on a tiny screen. dont wanna do it? dont. want to? HBO Go YAY.

there are more than enough people who DO want this. I am one of them. I am waiting for Netflix to work on my Android, so I can watch while humping away on the elliptical at the gym. but, may never happen.....

Guess what? Netflix is now available for Android. It's pretty cool too. I would have mentioned it earlier, but didn't want to offend the senior citizens.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Im not a fan of watching TV on a phone but whatever floats your boat I guess.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Guess what? Netflix is now available for Android. It's pretty cool too. I would have mentioned it earlier, but didn't want to offend the senior citizens.

REALLY?! I'm running over to Netflix right now to see! I know its been in the works

will make my nights at the gym so much better

UG.....only for 5 specific models of Andoid. But, there is a hack for other models. Well, looks like I know what I am doing this weekend.

anyways - thanks for the update!

[This message has been edited by Pyrthian (edited 05-20-2011).]

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-20-2011 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

I did just do a little impromptu hands on test. For a 4" screen to 'look like' a 32" screen it has to be about 6" in front of your eye. Same test to a 50" screen looks like about 2" from your eye. Just sayin. I did this by sitting about 6 feet from the 32 and 50 inch tvs and holding up a 4inch square and moving it in and out till it appeared to match the tv screen size. measurments were all estimates, i didnt actually use a ruler.

You sit 6 feet away from your TV? Do you watch TV in a hallway? We have larger homes here.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

You sit 6 feet away from your TV? Do you watch TV in a hallway? We have larger homes here.

no use in argueing - if I didnt have a specific want, I'd think watching ona 2" screen is silly too. but, my life exists in more places than the couch....
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post

I can see it on my Evo, but not my Hero, Epic or Fascinate. Odd.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:
I can see it on my Evo, but not my Hero, Epic or Fascinate. Odd.

yup - at this time - only available for 5 models, Evo being one fo them
http://news.cnet.com/netfli...1.html?tag=mncol;txt

and, here is what to do about that:
http://reviews.cnet.com/830..._7-20063197-251.html
PFF
System Bot
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-20-2011 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
Hmm. My niece said that a friend of hers couldn't find it in the app store. Must be only for smartphone with 2 inch screens.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
It was just a handy distance to test. My cousin has a in home theater with a 10 foot projection screen. A few rows of recliner couches from maybe 10' away to 30'. I do like to sit closer to my tv though. Whats the point of having a 50" screen if you sit 30' away from it on the other side of the room. Ya, I do like a screen to look as big as a theater screen. I dont go to theaters anymore. My main room I hang out in and watch most tv is 8' X 25' with 3 couches. I have a 20" screen in the garage, but listen to it more that actually watch it. From across my 2 1/2 car garage its too small to watch. 17" is ok in the stretch limo since your less than 6 feet from it anywhere. I did have a 32" in the rear of my Magnum and it was perfect.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-20-2011 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
Good for you.
Gecko

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post

The apartment we have here is rather small. Now you made me curious. so I tried and just found out that I CAN'T lay down in the space between the tv and the couch and I am 6'6. The tv is a 50inch HDTV.

I think the technology is cool, and I can see watching stuff at those times suggested like dr appts, airports, commuting etc. I have a cheap AT&T Prime cell phone with a 3inch screen. I have put movies on its memory card, but never actually watched one because it just seems so small.

? Does one go blind faster by watching p*rn on a 2-3 inch screen? lol

[This message has been edited by Gecko (edited 05-20-2011).]

scrabblegod

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scrabblegodSend a Private Message to scrabblegodDirect Link to This Post
I just measured, and we sit 9' from our 73" tv. I can't wait till Mitsubishi comes out with the 103" one next year.

I use my iPhone to watch stuff all the time. Will it replace my 73"...no, but it is kind of hard to tote around. I only use about 45 min a month voice on the phone. If it was not good for entertainment, I would probably just do without.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
thanks Stimpy, i am DL it right now

your posts and replies are some of the very few that make me chuckle out loud

------------------
AIM:Onefast2M8
00 VW GTi VR6 -- Not stock
06 VW GTi 2.0t
99 Explorer Eddie Bauer 5.0 AWD

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
So is it only free if you already pay for HBO through your satellite/cable provider? Anyway, neat stuff. I really need a smartphone. Maybe at the end of this contract.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
i have local cable and it is not supported, and will not let me sign up for it

so i chose to say that i had dish netwok and it wanted my info

HBO-GO is a NO-GO for me
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
There's also an espn app that allows you to do the same thing. Watch espn live from anywhere unfortunately I cant use because directive doesn't support it.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock