Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Tried to help family out and got burnt (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Tried to help family out and got burnt by fierowitch
Started on: 05-14-2011 07:07 AM
Replies: 47
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 05-16-2011 03:11 PM
fierofetish

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post05-15-2011 05:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Having read all of the comments here, I was going to say I am glad I am far from being alone. And then I thought 'What is there to be glad about in THIS horrible situation that so many OTHERS are going through too??? So NO, I am NOT glad not to be alone....I am terribly sad that so many others have to endure it from family too.
The very fact that I am going to have to find $6000 from SOMEWHERE to transfer my ownership of ANYtHING of value to my wife, to protect HER from losing everything which WE have struggled to own to family members when I die is, to be honest, totally unbelievable. And the saddest part for me is, that I would have been proud to leave all we have to them when the time came. But they wouldn't have the decency to wait until then, and wouldn't hesitate to take it all as soon as they could, aided and abetted by a terrible Law system here
And then waste it in months.
So sorry Steve and Mel. Too often, the old saying 'blood is thicker than water' is soooo wide of the mark.
IP: Logged
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Neither one of them could pass a piss, drug test to save their lives, never mind get a job.
That was just it Cliff, with my health the way it is I could die tomorrow, hopefully not but hey I ain’t 20 years old anymore. Hell I ain’t 30 years old anymore. I didn’t want to chance that Melanie would end up having to pay for my kids stupidity if something happens to me.

Steve

Steve, is there any chance you could possibly get custody of the children? It can't be good for them being raised with either of them. One of them is 13, so that means he's only got 5 years before he's an able-bodied adult, and in 3 years, he can start working and helping to contribute to the household. If you can get custody, now might be better than ever... it might be their only hope. Your daughter and her boyfriend will eventually hit rock bottom on their own. Your daughter might eventually realize that the kids are in better hands with you.

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT: Tell em since they decided to change the lock (assuming you don't have anything in there) that they need to start making the payments because your not paying on something you have no control over. If they don't pay and you don't pay they take and auction the stuff off.

Great idea!
fierowitch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierowitchSend a Private Message to fierowitchDirect Link to This Post
We have rented the storage unit in Steve's(84fireo123's) name. That means he is responsible for the rental of the storage unit.
Unless they come here with Steve and change the unit over to their name we are responsible for what is in the storage unit. We have some choices to make at the end of this month. We will not pay another month on the storage. I called the boyfriends cell phone, as it is the only contacy # I have. He will not cal me back. Not sure what we are going to do, enough money has been wasted.
As stated before, it would cost money for a lawyer to get the kids even if DHS helps. To get Guardianship or custody is $$$$ we do not have now. Moving them here and feeding them for a month cost us big $$$$$$$$$$$.
I wish we had the $ to get the kids. They would be better off with us.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2011 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
If they dont pay the rental, they lose whats in it. I have a friend whos brother makes a living buying unpaid storage units contents. Hes gotten everything from thousands of CDs/DVDs, to dozens of computer components and even a 60s something Ford. Usually gets them for $25-$100 but he has to remove everything in it. I guess the best he ever got was a whole unit full of sports memorabilia...autographed pics, footballs, basketballs, posters, uniforms.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 05-16-2011).]

RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2011 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroDirect Link to This Post
If your goal is custody of the kids, you might start by contacting Child Protection (states have different names for it). If there are drugs in the house they will get involved, possibly remove the kids. Often they look for a relative to place the kids, rather than dumping them in a group home.

Some advice. You are not going to change your daughter, her habits, or her boyfriends. It's a lifestyle, a whole personality, and I am sure this did not just happen over night. Often people like this want to keep the kids in their life, not because they really care about the kids, but other people care about the kids and will support them thru the children. Sounds sick, but that is how these co-dependency relationships work whether it is with the parents, or the system.

The children are are at high risk, mainly because of the culture they've been exposed to over the years. In the end you will be lucky if you can help them, since it is hard growing up without a parent and coming to terms with how dysfunctional and ill your mother and father are.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2011 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

A little background,

Now you guys have known me a few years, I smoke the occasional joint. So I don’t have a problem with that. But when you haven’t got enough money to pay your rent you don’t buy weed.

Steve

Sorry Steve, kids learn by the example that parents show them. I appears that you demonstrated smoking an occasional joint was ok. The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree. A occasional joint leads to a few more joints. Then your daughter ended up with a pot head and produced children who have some real poor role models to follow. I can see what their life will be like in another ten years. You too can see their future. They need to be removed from that environment an you need to stop becoming an enabler.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2011 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

Sorry Steve, kids learn by the example that parents show them. I appears that you demonstrated smoking an occasional joint was ok. The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree. A occasional joint leads to a few more joints. Then your daughter ended up with a pot head and produced children who have some real poor role models to follow. I can see what their life will be like in another ten years. You too can see their future. They need to be removed from that environment an you need to stop becoming an enabler.

She lived with her mom after she was 3 until she left home at 17 or so. I only had her on weekends and every other holiday.

Me I never did anything in frt of my kids. But if one leads to more than isn’t that the same for alcohol, even more?

Alcohol is addictive, pot ain’t. but that is neither here nor there. I never spent money on anything unless all my bills were paid first. That she doesn’t get. She is just like her mom in that respect, she has to have her dope before anything else.

And to top it all off at the dinner table the last night they were here. The youngest, 9 year old, called her a ckskr to her face in frt of me. Now I don’t know about you but if I had ever said that to my mom she would have knocked my head off with the cast iron fry pan. Her, she just laughed it off and said he was just trying to get a rise out of me. No **** he did, he almost got my ft up his ass.

That was not the way to raise kids.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock