Its Friday the 13th by nmw75
Started on: 05-13-2011 10:12 AM
Replies: 9
Last post by: FieroRumor on 05-15-2011 01:33 AM
nmw75

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Direct Link to This Post
I was sitting here this morning, feeling good as a big project I designed is being moved from assembly to the shipping dock, thinking whats the big deal with people thinking the 13th being on a Friday is a bad thing? The day is going pretty good!
No sooner than that, two co-workers (a brother & sister) get a call that their Grandmother had just passed away.

I'm not superstitious but that's just weird!

------------------
86 GT
87 coupe restoration project.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nmw75:

I'm not superstitious but that's just weird!

In all honestly, it's not that 'weird'.
(But that sort of thing CAN raise the neck hairs a bit!)
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Superstitious? Me, not so much.

I try to not do stupid things but, I'm as guilty as the next guy of that. Friday the 13th is just another day to live, work and enjoy being alive.
Today is someone's birthday. Today, many new babes will be born. Many will also pass on. Enjoy the time you have, there isn't as much left as you think.

------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 05-13-2011).]

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post05-13-2011 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
I walked under a ladder on the way in this morning, after petting my black cat that ran across my path.
D B Cooper

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2011 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D B CooperSend a Private Message to D B CooperDirect Link to This Post
About 2 hours into Fri (after the Red Wings loss to SJ) I heard the neighbor and his buddy coming on their crotch rockets... ziiiing..ziiiing.. ziiiing... CRUNCH ! I headed out to the coner with the cell phone and called 911. Long stoy short, one of them survived and the other was DOA when they got him to the hospital. Needless to say yesterday was a loooong day running on no sleep.

http://www.thetimesherald.c...pnews|text|FRONTPAGE

PORT HURON TWP. --Speed and alcohol are believed to be factors in a motorcycle crash Friday that killed a 24-year-old Armada man, police said.

A 25-year-old Port Huron Township man also involved in the accident was in Port Huron Hospital with injuries that are not believed life-threatening, according to information from the St. Clair County Sheriff Department.

Police said the men -- who were riding together on two Suzuki motorcycles -- were traveling west on Harrington Street in Port Huron Township about
2 a.m. when they ran into each other near Evergreen Lane. They were thrown from the bikes, police said.

Both were taken to Port Huron Hospital, where the Armada man was pronounced dead.

Investigators were at the accident scene Friday afternoon.

Deputy Steve Campau, the sheriff department's spokesman, said one question is how fast the men were traveling. The speed limit on the residential street is 25 mph.

Campau said the men had been out watching a Red Wings hockey game before the accident. Additional details, including the men's names, have not been released.

Blood samples taken from the men have been sent to a crime lab for toxicology tests, Campau said.

R.I.P. Blue. We've all gone through phases and done some pretty dumb sh!t, some things dumber than others. 24 is way too young to check out like that.

[This message has been edited by D B Cooper (edited 05-14-2011).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-14-2011 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
I saw some of it...Here in Ontario, it is tradition to go to Port Dover for a perch meal and a little fun every Friday the 13th...I dunno, maybe because its the only fri-13 this year, but I've never seen so many morons on rice rockets in my life...the harley guys were cool, pickup trucks were no problem, no shortage of cars top-down havin a cruise, frack, even a couple cowboys on horses---and rice rocket riders had to go WOT every chance they got...DUDE, I know your bike is fast, I dont care, and I am not here to wash the bloodstains off of my new $1,000 top...settle down, have some fish and fries, chill and enjoy the ride....t.....guess some guys dont realize there is a time and place for everything, snd a small town with several thousand vehicals isnt the time, or the place.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2011 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I remember losing a job on Friday the 13th. Other-than-that, Friday the 13th is just is just like any other day with known amount of problems. The only reason why people remember is because of the movies, others commenting about it, and it's repeated over and over again. However, people rarely remember other dates that are problematic, but they do remember the event.
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2011 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtDirect Link to This Post
I fell off a roof a couple years ago on Friday the 13th........
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2011 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post
chi chi chi..... hah hah hah..
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

chi chi chi..... hah hah hah..

Nice....

on retrospect...My FTT kinda sucked.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock