Started on: 05-13-2011 09:26 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: fieroX on 05-13-2011 09:54 AM
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post

For the bottom line for the government...another line item for your 1040.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post
Oh Hell!
Most race cars are not Nascar or F1. They're <$5k junkers. Isn't fair to tax those. At all.
Most 'vettes, probably 60+ %, are rotting away in poor people's backyards, awaiting funds. Isn't fair to tax those, either.
Duesenbergs? Yes, tax those!
If we're gonna be taxed, it should be based on 2 independent appraisals.
IDK about anywhere else, but we have a law about how much the annual safety inspection can cost. I forget the exact amount, but it's either $17 or $27. Either way, it's fair and reasonable.
In the same vein, these appraisals need to be capped in the $20 range.
It would not be fair to tax my Fiero the same as a million dollar Duesenberg.
Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post

Isolde

2504 posts
Member since May 2008
Further, the defecit is NOT a failure to find more tax money, it IS a failure of government to govern responsibly.
I wouldn't cry if someone were to cause that misguided man a good bit of suffering.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Lar, do you have a link (so it is easier to read). I looked but guess I am not using the right keywords.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Lar, do you have a link (so it is easier to read). I looked but guess I am not using the right keywords.

Someone sent this to me in a text file which I printed then scanned into a PDF/JPG to post via PIP which requires me to shrink the image.. If you email on PFF is correct I can send it via email.
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
$250,000,000 dollars in tax money is only 36 minutes of government spending. I bet it took longer to draft this kooky idea. I think its time for some of these crazy liberal leftist nutjobs to find new work running a street sweeper or something.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock