Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Today I Take My Place At The Helm Of My Destiny (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Today I Take My Place At The Helm Of My Destiny by Boondawg
Started on: 05-10-2011 09:12 AM
Replies: 60
Last post by: newf on 05-21-2011 01:50 AM
Zeb

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Today was a little better.
I tamed a known trouble maker machine.
Allthough they didn't fall all over me like I thought they should, it was good for me, anyway.
In my mind they were lappin' me up like a saucer of milk.
I am, an army of one.

Yeah, you're holding back. Good plan. Don't wanna scare them so soon. They may go blind from your brilliance.

And Zeb OWNS page 2! Take that, page!

[This message has been edited by Zeb (edited 05-11-2011).]

IP: Logged
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post05-11-2011 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:

Yeah, you're holding back. Good plan. Don't wanna scare them so soon. They may go blind from your brilliance.

Can I do it just until they need glasses?
Zeb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post
Go get a couple pair of dark sunglasses. Hand them out and say, "You'll be needing these. I'm just that good."

C'mon, somebody post some ZZ Topp!
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-11-2011 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by heybjorn:

Ahh, no, you are not. The concept of " destiny " is the idea that we are going to a place/time/event regardless of what we do. This is the idea of being "destined" for something. No matter what we do, destiny is the place we are headed, which suggests we are not in control of our lives. The word destiny is used far too often, because it has no value, since, as you were actually trying to say, blackrams, we are in control of our lives. ( Note correct use of commas ) . What you meant was that we are in control and choose, by action or inaction, where we are going and what we are doing. This is correct.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cliffw:

Well said Ron. I might add that destiny is an abstract.

And a wrongful abstract at that.

I see Pace Fla is just as boring a place as it ever was........
People.
Some are known as "the common man"--others just as "the comma man".

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 05-11-2011).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

What you meant was that we are in control and choose, by action or inaction, where we are going and what we are doing.

Actually, I said precisely what I meant. I understand being a graduate of the grammar police academy, you feel obliged to educate those of us who err. Let me be the first to say thank you. I don't know where I'd be without you.

------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 05-12-2011).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Now, having given what should be a useful lesson on language error, I need to say, Boondawg, go get 'em.

Did you now ? Language error you say.

The concept of " destiny " is the idea that we are going to a place/time/event regardless of what we do. This is the idea of being "destined" for something. No matter what we do, destiny is the place we are headed, which suggests we are not in control of our lives. The word destiny has no value ....

Kerrville is 60 miles fro San Antonio. When I go there, it takes me about an hour to get there. When I get there, I have reached my destiny. That does indeed have value
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post05-12-2011 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Kerrville is 60 miles fro San Antonio. When I go there, it takes me about an hour to get there. When I get there, I have reached my destination. That does indeed have value

Hehehehehe!! Fixed THAT for you, cliff ...and Heybjorn...it is the 'A' in a drawn-out expressive 'Ah' which should be multiple...not the 'H'
Oh, I'm having fun here!
Nick

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-12-2011 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post

heh, wrong you are.
What am I before I reach that destination ?
[/QUOTE]

Ummmmm....Lost?
Nick
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-12-2011 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post

fierofetish

19173 posts
Member since Jul 2003
And...a nice quote to differentiate between the two
"Destiny is determined by God.

Destination is decided by you."

Nick
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-12-2011 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
WOW, big day.
The whole scoring system (a system I know nada about) went down and we are at the start of a 4 day tournament.
I got it so it will score and the machines will turn on, but through 2 seperate systems instead of a single system like it should.
I had to order a new $2,100 MCU Source Command Interface to be installed by me on Monday.
I hope i'm right......well, me and Tech Support.

Mi Vida Loca.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:
And...a nice quote to differentiate between the two
"Destiny is determined by God.
Destination is decided by you."

Nick

So, we have to decide and work for our destiny ?

Surely you are not suggesting that we can lay around and reach a predetermined by God destiny.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Dawg?

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post

I had to order a new $2,100 MCU Source Command Interface to be installed by me on Monday.
I hope i'm right......well, me and Tech Support.

You left us hanging there, was it the correct part?
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-20-2011 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post

So, we have to decide and work for our destiny ?

Surely you are not suggesting that we can lay around and reach a predetermined by God destiny.

DESTINY is always there at the end, whether we work for it or not Cliff. Destination, on the other hand, is one particular journey's goal , not neccessarily the end of ALL journeys In OTHER words, destiny is finite, destination is variable
Boonie...I don't like the silence Maaan...how is it going?
Nick

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 05-20-2011).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-20-2011 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

You left us hanging there, was it the correct part?

It was NOT.

I recalled tech support and I got a lady this time who said, "Oh, just push this button and punch in these buttons to reset communication between the MCU & the Main Terminal."
Worked perfect.
I told them they recommended I buy the $2,100 dollar part, so they took it back and refunded us.
All in all, I got it fixed, so I looked all right, but I could have looked better.

So I have been hustling double-time this week to be an A-number-1 good man.
I corrected around 37 problems, I directed my boys to organization of the shop without ruffling feathers by doing half of it myself, and started work an hour off-the-clock at 5am for 2 days to do some extra spit-shine for the big tourniment.

Today I got my paycheck and an extra envelope with a nice thank you note for showing extra care for the tourney, and $25 dollars cash.
I feel pretty Ok.

P.S. Everyday the owner & his wife (the manager) tell me how glad they are to have me with them. Everyday. It actually makes me a little uncomfortable. I just say I am also glad to be there and look forward to being there as long as they need me. It feels so cheesy saying that out loud, but it's the truth.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 05-20-2011).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-20-2011 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Zeb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post
How's it feel to be home again?
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-20-2011 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:

How's it feel to be home again?

Pretty dang good.
Don't worry, i'll figure out someway to find a cloud strangling the silver lining!
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:
Today I got my paycheck and an extra envelope with a nice thank you note for showing extra care for the tourney, and $25 dollars cash.
I feel pretty Ok.

P.S. Everyday the owner & his wife (the manager) tell me how glad they are to have me with them. Everyday. It actually makes me a little uncomfortable. I just say I am also glad to be there and look forward to being there as long as they need me. It feels so cheesy saying that out loud, but it's the truth.

Sometimes having someone tell you they are happy to have you there or that you are doing a good job is better than anything else incentive wise. Not that an extra $25 doesn't go astray but knowing you and your work are appreciated puts an extra spring in your step as well.

PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock