Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Gonna open an old can of worms with this thread....

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Gonna open an old can of worms with this thread.... by IMSA GT
Started on: 05-09-2011 12:47 AM
Replies: 34
Last post by: hugh on 05-10-2011 09:41 AM
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Although 90% of the regulars in the Off Topic area hated these 2 guys and I may have to bring in a priest to cleanse the forum just because I mention their names, has anyone kept in touch with them via email? Just going through some old threads and came across their names. I actually forgot all about them but I am just a little curious if anyone kept in contact with them.

84Bill
Phranc
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Wasn't Bill the only member to request a ban on himself?
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

Wasn't Bill the only member to request a ban on himself?

I believe he did insist on being banned.....and it worked.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 05-09-2011).]

Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2011 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Bill emails me every once in a while.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Bill emails me every once in a while.

Ah. I was curious if he came back under a different name or he stayed away.
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Ah. I was curious if he came back under a different name or he stayed away.

He tried to come back as "AD4Bill" when he found out that Phranc had been banned but since he had practically begged Cliff to ban him, cliff banned the new name as well, - IIRC.

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 05-09-2011).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OKflyboy:

but since he had practically begged Cliff to ban him, cliff banned the new name as well, - IIRC.

Well, it wasn't as much his begging why I banned his old and new username, it was more his threat of going to constantly break forum rules if I didn't (as well as a few PM's I got from him that made it perfectly clear I had no other choice than to ban him).

And since most of the people he had so much trouble with are still around, I'm pretty sure it's going to be the same crap all over again.
aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
Things have been much more peaceful since they left.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
Or "dude16" since your mentioning PFF's "dead" lol

(Getting rid of Fiero, better car acquired...")
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2011 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aceman:

Things have been much more peaceful since they left.

Pa-leeeeeeeeeeeeeease!
The lines are all the same, just different angles.

I don't think Bill was all that more abusive or unacceptable then some of the same same stuff I still see going on around here on occassion.
Just my opinion, of course.
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post

Pa-leeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

I don't think Bill was all that more abusive or unacceptable then some of the same same stuff I still see going on around here on occassion.

I concur.
PFF
System Bot
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post

Pa-leeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

There have been far fewer threads that have gone to the trash can since they left.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2011 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

There have been far fewer threads that have gone to the trash can since they left.

You might be right.
I'm not sure, though.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

A particular real estate agent leaving the forum (thank gawd...) has certainly resulted in far less BS here since he left.
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

A particular real estate agent leaving the forum (thank gawd...) has certainly resulted in far less BS here since he left.

Yep! I can even agree with you for once, Patrick.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Yep! I can even agree with you for once, Patrick.

Whoa now, mark today's date on the calendar!

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I liked Bill. Not sure that Bill always liked Bill tho.

Bill liked to speak his mind, and political correctness stuff could go suck an egg. He was not at all concerned how much-- or-- if anyone liked him, and he certainly had a large enough set of gonads to stand and argue his point(s).

Bill may have been many things, but he was not a pussy.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 05-09-2011).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Bills threatening to kill himself on the forum might be the straw that broke the camels back.

Glad to hear he didn't.
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
I had an old can of worms for lunch today… yummy
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post05-09-2011 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Bill liked to speak his mind, and political correctness stuff could go suck an egg. He was not at all concerned how much-- or-- if anyone liked him, and he certainly had a large enough set of gonads to stand and argue his point(s).

Ya i thought he was OK too. if he said something you don't like just ignore it and problem solved.. I don't dislike anyone for saying their mind as long as its not at the expense of someone else..

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2011 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Ya i thought he was OK too. if he said something you don't like just ignore it and problem solved.. I don't dislike anyone for saying their mind as long as its not at the expense of someone else..

Agreed.
PFF
System Bot
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Same here. Its not your (figurative you) opinion that matters to me, its how you state it. for Example:

"I disagree" or even a firmer "you're totally wrong!" is completely different then "You're a F***ING idiot!"

I have never given anyone a negative for their opinion, I have, however, given out negatives for being an outright a**hole while delivering said opinion...

(and I would hope that the negs I have received have been for the same - yes, I have been an a**hole to members of this forum, and I deserved negs for it)
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

People rarely-- if ever speak their mind--even lightly--- that it's not at someone else's expense. People quite often, under the guise of innocence and restraint make statements that they know for a fact beforehand, will get under someone's skin, and that's exactly why they go to the trouble of typing them. They fool very few--least of all, themselves. I've never understood it myself. Everyone knows what is really meant anyway, so why bother tiptoing around the bush? A 3 year old can see right thru them. Why the subtle inferences and light innuendos? Got something to say?----grow a set and say it outright. It's one thing to be civil in a discussion--it's something else to just suck butt simply to be liked. Of those I have absolutely the least respect for, liars, thieves and suckasses top the list.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 05-09-2011).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2011 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I sometimes call Bill on Skype, and find him to be a totally different person in 'real life'. But that may be because I have never abused him on PFF, but have discussed things I didn't agree with by email or PM.
His recounting the restoration of his Father's Airplane was very interesting. His experiences at the hands of his Ex were pretty disturbing stuff too.
Phranc again seemed a totally different person via email and PM too. I sent him an email a while back, but didn't receive a reply.
Nick
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

I liked Bill also, but as you say, I'm not sure he cared for himself that much. He never knew when to back off. There was always a line drawn in the sand, and he felt people were always crossing it, even if they weren't. I PM'd him occasionally, but never got an e-mail, even after his brief revisit as 8d4bill.

Jim

Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
I butted heads with Bill and I don't butt heads with very many people here.

And whatever happened to Stimpy...
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
Read the title and thought.. Hmm... Champion or NGK..
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
Sheesh. Am I the only on that misses Phranc ? Where's the love, people?

I didn't get to know Bill, but read a few of his posts. Back when the both were here it was better than watchin' TV.
doug.s

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doug.sClick Here to visit doug.s's HomePageSend a Private Message to doug.sDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Flamberge:

Stimpy is WhiteDevil88
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

I sometimes call Bill on Skype, .........
Nick

Off topic, but look for an announcement (maybe tomorrow) that Microsoft has completed it's deal to buy Skype.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Flamberge:

I just had coffee with him the other day while passing through town. One of the nicest people I've met.
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-10-2011 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

People rarely-- if ever speak their mind--even lightly--- that it's not at someone else's expense. People quite often, under the guise of innocence and restraint make statements that they know for a fact beforehand, will get under someone's skin, and that's exactly why they go to the trouble of typing them. They fool very few--least of all, themselves. I've never understood it myself. Everyone knows what is really meant anyway, so why bother tiptoing around the bush? A 3 year old can see right thru them. Why the subtle inferences and light innuendos? Got something to say?----grow a set and say it outright. It's one thing to be civil in a discussion--it's something else to just suck butt simply to be liked. Of those I have absolutely the least respect for, liars, thieves and suckasses top the list.

Why do I feel like i'm in there somewhere.......
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I just had coffee with him the other day while passing through town. One of the nicest people I've met.

yep, I've met him myself. A gentle giant. I don't always agree with what he says or his unique way of saying it but he's good people.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
i miss EdsB52 and JStricker... but for very different reasons.

If you guys read this... know that you get thought about by an e-friend (well more than that with John) in Texas...
hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
A few years ago i was visiting my son (Fogglethorpe on PFF)in Phoenix and continued on to California to meet a few friends.They were Rick Head(exile Turbo),Jeff Stillwell(Stimpy,Whitedevil88 on PFF),Terry Kelly(TK on PFF).I know Bill from when he lived in Philadelphia.On that trip I also met Dave(DRA on PFF)Kelly,and Dave's mom,Steve(Raydar on PFF) and his wife,Greg(Cooter on PFF)Heather,Alan and some of his friends.All of these men and women are fine people and I'm glad I got the chance to meet them !

------------------
Question my ability,question my intelligence,never question my integrity!
87drivetrain http://fieroaddiction.com/SBCTa.html

[This message has been edited by hugh (edited 05-10-2011).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock