Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Bought some screen protectors for my iphone.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Bought some screen protectors for my iphone. by fierofetish
Started on: 05-08-2011 02:57 AM
Replies: 10
Last post by: htexans1 on 05-09-2011 05:40 PM
fierofetish

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post05-08-2011 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Got back home, and examined the packaging...just a cellophane envelope with a self-adhesive flap, which looked untouched. However, when I opened it, I discovered...nothing inside the thin cardboard folder except the cleaning cloth. Somebody had been so flaming pathetic as to open the envelope, remove the two screen protectors, reseal the envelope and replace it on the rack. 3 euros? Worth getting a shoplifting charge/conviction for the rest of your life? hell, if they can afford a flaming iphone (mine was free from my provider on condition I renewed my contract ), SURELY they can afford 3 euros for a screen protector? I bet when I take it back ( I didn't damage the envelope either, and just resealed it...I will ask the information desk to open it and see what they say I am SURE they will think I did it...to save 3 euros...but to spend 5 euros in gas to go back there to claim a refund or a new packet of 2 screen protectors yes, it is pointless financially...but I won't put up with it, and neither should THEY
Nick
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
But... it's your fault for not properly inspecting the packaging prior to purchase
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
Long ago when i was younger and poor, i saved up money for a fancy VESA video card ( with something like a stunning 64mb ram ). Went to the not so local super computer store and finally got it, took it home opened it up to find it was a old used dusty ISA card. The box had been resaealed with shrink wrap and had stickers on it.

It took threatening a lawsuit to get it replaced ( i had used cash since i wasn't able to have a credit card back then ). I know they just had a return ' i don't want this' and and it went back on the shelf after they sealed it back up.

Never went back ( well didn't have $ to buy more stuff before they closed up a couple of years later anyway, but even if i did i would not have gone back there ).

Its now a totally different unrelated company, and i still feel unconformable going into the place with someone. ( still wont buy there... )
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-08-2011 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

But... it's your fault for not properly inspecting the packaging prior to purchase

ha!! I'm sure your tongue is lodged somewhere firmly in your cheek Anyway, here is a photo of the item, after having obviously been opened and resealed twice it has one of those contact adhesive flaps, and they are soooo easy to open, and then re-seal...I just proved it

Nick

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
At least they're only 3 euros there.... around here, its 20$ cdn for a pack. I'm not even sure if the pack comes with more than one in it!
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-08-2011 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
????...no WONDER my brothers over there in Canada need my inheritance as WELL as their own bwahahaha!!
Nick
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Yeah my jaw dropped when I saw the price of one. Then again, anything associated with iphones, ipods, ipads, apple whatever, is insanely over priced.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-08-2011 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
eBay Cheap as chips ...and apparently stick the same way The ones I have seen have a mixed feedback...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-x-...&hash=item3cb1ceea57
...some say great, some say they don't adhere properly. I suspect that is down to people just whacking them on without using some surgical spirit first, to remove ALL traces of fingerprints etc.
Nick

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 05-08-2011).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2011 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Took them back today. Went to the Customer support desk, and the girl behind the counter asked how she could help. I proffered the re-sealed envelope with the protectors NOT inside. She said' would you like to return these for a refund Sir?' I said 'Well, I would LIKE to,or at least exchange them, but that is going to be rather difficult...you see, there aren't any screen protectors inside it.' She gave me a blank look, and then said 'Why not?'. I replied 'you tell ME!!' I then went on to explain that I had bought them on Saturday, just before the store closed. When I got them home, I opened the envelope very carefully (I always do: never know if you might want to return things to the Store, and it looks better to return it as it was when you bought it ), and discovered there were no screen protectors inside. The cleaning cloth was, but nothing else. I assumed that somebody else had opened the envelope just as I did, took the contents and brought them back for a refund, and nobody checked the contents.' Ah well' never mind' and she called one of the pther girls who go around the store on rollerblades, She stuck a sticker on the packet, and went back to the depsrtment where I had bought them. Five minutes later she came back with the package, and said they didn't have any more. So the girl just refunded me the money. I then went into the store, and checked for myself: there were more of them, but somebody was removing them all and sellotaping the envelopes
As I went to leave, a man in a suit came over, and asked me if it was I who had reported the incident. I said 'yes', and he asked me to follow him to his office When we were inside, he shook my hand, thanked me for my honesty...and gave me a voucher for 25 euros to spend in the store!!! So....I bought this very nice little screwdriver set for 25 euros :

Honesty DOES pay...sometimes
Nick
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
It's reason like this why companies have to over package a small item in a heavy weight large plastic heat sealed container that you need a good pair of scissors to just cut open the package to get inside.

...sometimes I really have to wonder if there is nay hope for mankind (well at least there will be for Nick).
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
Nick you rock its amazing how you can make good things out of bad! Kudos!
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock