Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Looking for some kind of flexible gooseneck...

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Looking for some kind of flexible gooseneck... by 8Ball
Started on: 05-07-2011 02:23 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: heybjorn on 05-07-2011 10:24 PM
8Ball

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallClick Here to Email 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
I have an idea in my head... But in order for it to work, I need a flexible goose neck.. Like used on those old Desk lamps where you could bend it and position it how you wanted...

But I need it to be able to hold up say 3 lbs and be able to have at least a 2 or 3 foot flexible section... Do they make this stuff sturdy enough for that?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 242
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTClick Here to Email IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
They have different strengths of the tubing. You can go to your local music store and check their microphone stands also.

http://www.vimcomanufacturi...m/flexibletubing.htm

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 05-07-2011).]

8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallClick Here to Email 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Cool thanks.
I will drop them an email and see what they have.

I never really thought about a mic stand neck.....
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

I never really thought about a mic stand neck.....

that was my first thought actually

I bet musicians friend has a few. They are normally pretty cheap.

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 05-07-2011).]

Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post
There's Dial indicator Holders like at the bottom of this page:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/117/2270/=c7e1b1

Shop around, they're not that expensive. I've seen a locking version, where it pulls a cable through to lock all the sections tight. Can't find it right now.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post05-07-2011 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishClick Here to Email fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I have a couple of 20" mike-stand goosenecks lying around, so I just went and got them, joined them together, and then put a 1 kilo (2.2lbs) bag of flour on the end...no WAY will they hold that kind of weight Randy If they did, I'd gladly send you them
Nick

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 05-07-2011).]

8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallClick Here to Email 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
No worries Nick I thank you though!! And thanks for the test!!

It is just a stupid little time waster project I have in my head... Like I need another one..

But if/when I start it I will keep you guys informed on here! I am sure I will find what I need.

Thanks!
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysClick Here to Email twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
You may also want to look into the flex fittings they use for CNC applications to spray water.

Some of those have to hold their position while spinning, and shooting a crapload (technical term) of water. I'm sure they would hold 2 pounds.

Brad
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallClick Here to Email 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
The locking cam style necks would work in a pinch.. But are not exactly what I had in mind.
The ability to just be able to grab it and reposition it and let go would be best.
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
You making some nasty clamps too?
http://photo-tips-online.co...mps-photo-accessory/
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallClick Here to Email 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
No, but that is cool as heck!!!
PFF
System Bot
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornClick Here to Email heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cooter:

You making some nasty clamps too?

Cooter, that looks like a potential character in a low budget science fiction film. Hmmmm, I may have to write another story.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock