Started on: 05-06-2011 09:56 AM
Replies: 13
Last post by: 87antuzzi on 05-07-2011 04:28 AM
heybjorn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post
Never thought you would hear those words again, did you? A Murphy Express opened yesterday here in Pace. I went to Lowe's this morning to get sandpaper. The Murphy and the two Tom Thumb stores within 10 blocks had gas at 3.549. When I came out of Lowe's, all of them were down to 3.539. Lines out onto Hwy 90, too. I hope by 3pm all of them will be down to 3.20.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
When I was stationed in California in the early 1970s there would br gas wrs and I saw the price get down to $0.259/gallon.. Those were the days..
Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Oils down 14 dollars for the week.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post05-06-2011 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wolfhound:

Oils down 14 dollars for the week.

Big drops last two days. Industry spokesman on the radio this morning said gas prices won't really drop until the refiners work through the more expensive oil.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by heybjorn:
I hope by 3pm all of them will be down to 3.20.

How sad is it to "hope" for $3.20 gas.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
I've never found gas prices to be reflective of the oil market... even when oil is down, gas goes up. And anyone ever notice it jumps by 20-50 cents over night, but when it starts heading back down it trickles 1-3 cents at a time? Bah.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Last year it dropped to 99 cents in Lincoln Ca for just several hours. I bought over 120 bucks worth of gas. I then craigslisted the other gas for 2.50 a gallon. It was good. With the way its looking I would grab at least 20+ gallons if it drops below normal and store it or list it on CL when the prices get super high.

[This message has been edited by 87antuzzi (edited 05-06-2011).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

I've never found gas prices to be reflective of the oil market... even when oil is down, gas goes up.

And anyone ever notice it jumps by 20-50 cents over night, but when it starts heading back down it trickles 1-3 cents at a time? Bah.

It dropped 12 cents here--overnight.

TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
dropped to 4.26 here.
HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Last year it dropped to 99 cents in Lincoln Ca for just several hours. I bought over 120 bucks worth of gas. I then craigslisted the other gas for 2.50 a gallon. It was good. With the way its looking I would grab at least 20+ gallons if it drops below normal and store it or list it on CL when the prices get super high.

here in manteca it was @ .99 for allmost 12 hours before it shot back up to 1.29... everything that could hold gas was holding gas..
on a side note they just busted a guy here in town with a suburban modified with 5 55 gal drums and an electric pump, guys been steeling gas all over the valley and selling it to people for cheap... you wont find it on the news cause they dont want copycats, but i caught it on the scanner the other night.. was pretty interesting.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
There were 2 stations around here that were doing that about a year or so ago. it was a shell and valareo each day one would be lower than the other by about 3 cents or so. than when they would hit rock bottom the prices would shoot back up. if you timed it correctly you could get a weeks worth of gas dirt cheap. sadly they dont do this anymore.
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

I've never found gas prices to be reflective of the oil market... even when oil is down, gas goes up. And anyone ever notice it jumps by 20-50 cents over night, but when it starts heading back down it trickles 1-3 cents at a time? Bah.

There's a reason for that and it's not just greed.

Say you buy gas wholesale at $1 a gallon and sell it at $2. Great.
Now oil goes up, so you hike up your price to $3. Man, you're on easy street now.
Time to tank up again, only this time your gas costs $3. Hmm, time to up the price to $4.
Uh oh, Obama just farted pure crude oil and the price plummeted - the store across the street is now selling his gas for $1.50. Problem - you've got in ground tanks full of gas you paid $3 for and have to drop your price to $1.50 to stay competitive.

The price goes up fast because it's easy profit.
It comes down slowly because the gas in the ground was paid for when prices were elevated.
Gas stations don't make much on fuel at all. They aren't the ones raking in the Bazillions of dollars. They operate on a razor thin margin and if it wasn't for beer and cigarette sales, they probably wouldn't be able to stay in business.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
$4.10 here today...glad, the caddy needed filled. In Okla when they had gas wars it was .09 cents a gallon.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HI-TECH:

here in manteca it was @ .99 for allmost 12 hours before it shot back up to 1.29... everything that could hold gas was holding gas..
on a side note they just busted a guy here in town with a suburban modified with 5 55 gal drums and an electric pump, guys been steeling gas all over the valley and selling it to people for cheap... you wont find it on the news cause they dont want copycats, but i caught it on the scanner the other night.. was pretty interesting.

Imagine a honda element loaded with gas, lots of gas. But 5 55 gallon drums? Damn. I wish I had boughten a lot more gas when it jumped that low. I tried to get my friends to go in so we could buy around 500 bucks worth and then wait for it to jump. But they didnt. All I know is the price is getting out of hand real quick.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock