Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  BIN LADEN IS DEAD!!! (Page 6)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
BIN LADEN IS DEAD!!! by Raydar
Started on: 05-01-2011 10:42 PM
Replies: 550
Last post by: Doni Hagan on 05-13-2011 06:04 PM
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Beck just said put his remains in a foot locker with Spam.

That is a very cruel thing to do to perfectly good Spam.
IP: Logged
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Should have fed the remains to pigs

But as mentioned, they would have had to follow religious burial to satisfy the religious.

The funny thing is, some will argue that he's not really a Muslim, but will then complain if his body is not handled with sensitivity to Muslim tradition. At least that's what I'm hearing in the news.

rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

From someone who could care less about the "president A's dick is bigger than president B's dick" discussion, I think it's incredibly stupid to even announce OBL is dead. That alone makes a martyr out of him. It would have been much better to have kept that a secret and let the Al Qaida network (and all other OBL fanboys) guess about OBL's whereabouts.

Gloating over the death of the world's biggest terrorist leader? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I see what your saying Cliff, but by releasing it, they, meaning us and our military, will show other wanna bees that sooner or later we WILL get them if they follow his example. Maybe it will deterr some and thats a good thing. Hopefully they would see taking over his place as a death sentence.

Jackiespyder, that was my knee jerk reaction too. Chop him up and give him to some USA pig farmer. However, that would really just rile up muslims and Obama, being muslim himself would never stand for it even though they drag US soldiers bodies thru the streets on ropes.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 05-02-2011).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
I still haven't been able to even watch the news (been a busy and weird day) but I have seen the pictures of people in the US "dancing in the streets". That reminds me a lot of the pictures I saw of people dancing in the streets in Arabic countries when the twin towers collapsed. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's just as wrong but I am saying Muslim extremists will now go out of their way to retaliate because be sure those images of American citizens celebrating will make the rounds between every western hating nutjob. We cut the head of the dragon? No, we removed a symbol. Don't be so naive as to think Al Qaeda can't function without OBL. I feel less save now than I did yesterday.

I repeat, announcing his death like this was an incredibly stupid thing to do. All it will do is get your country's people's spirit up - until the next big terrorist attack which now is a lot closer than it was yesterday I'm afraid.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:
tbone42, fierobear, and anyone else who wants to keep this political...
blah blah blah blah ....
On that note:

Chris, much respect to 'ya but .... ? You just did the same thing. Blah blah blah blah was just lack of better adjectives.
Tis a sad day when one can not chew bubble gum and walk at the same time.
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

It is being reported that Osamas body has been buried at sea.
Dumping him into a landfill with the other garbage would have been more appropriate, I think.

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servl...502/?hub=CalgaryHome

Way easier for Obama to swing a deal with his muslim pal Bin Laden and fabricate his death this way. This way, no body, no verification of his identity can be possible. Seems strange that at least with Sadam and his sons there was some independant verification before the bodies just "dissapeared".

Sorry, just don't believe a single word that comes out of this presidents mouth. Wouldn't trust him further than I could throw him.

[This message has been edited by loafer87gt (edited 05-02-2011).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Chris, much respect to 'ya but .... ? You just did the same thing. Blah blah blah blah was just lack of better adjectives.
Tis a sad day when one can not chew bubble gum and walk at the same time.

picture is funny, but he finally had to break down and show it from pressure....and again, he had nothing to do with killing Osama. He was put in the loop as a courtesy by the military. They could have kept it to themselves and just ran in and did the same thing without telling anyone....they are in a war zone. Soldiers dont have to ask the president every time they want to shoot an enemy combatant.

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock: I repeat, announcing his death like this was an incredibly stupid thing to do. All it will do is get your country's people's spirit up - until the next big terrorist attack which now is a lot closer than it was yesterday I'm afraid.

I think you underestimate the importance of morale. Besides, the morale boost was sorely needed. Plus, I think the families of those who died in the 9/11/01 attack deserve some closure.

Do you seriously think the Muslim extremists will stop attacking us if we just keep our mouths shut?
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
Chuck Norris just returned from his trip to Pakistan.

------------------
I been had money.

mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
Muslims across the world prayed for us after 9/11. I would suggest we do the same for them now as they face these difficult times. Many have given their lives for a taste of freedom and many do not pledge allegiance to the likes of Bin Laden. May they see reward for attempting to rise above. May they continue to be the strong noble people that brought things like knowledge and medicine through the Dark Ages while the rest of the world was in turmoil.
weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Im with you, I listened to most of it and heard a lot of I and not that much us and we. Supporters of him must have something that turns that word off in their head so they dont hear it...lol.

"We", did not get daily briefings, and "we" did not give the order.

PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post05-02-2011 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by loafer87gt:

Way easier for Obama to swing a deal with his muslim pal Bin Laden and fabricate his death this way. This way, no body, no verification of his identity can be possible. Seems strange that at least with Sadam and his sons there was some independant verification before the bodies just "dissapeared".

Sorry, just don't believe a single word that comes out of this presidents mouth. Wouldn't trust him further than I could throw him.

Although I love a good conspiracy, I cannot buy into the above............just yet.

But I also do not believe he was "buried at sea".
You just know how much we like to take stuff apart to see how it works.
At the very least, an extensive autopsy would have been preformed.

And you can bet that somewhere there is a jar with his brain in it.
If nothing more then for high-level dinner parties.

I envision all the presidents involved in Osama’s timeframe of destruction invited to a secret "pissing party", where a circle is formed around a head in a bucket.
Cigars, caviar, & cognac are served while "We Are The Champions" is played as the presidents bladder splatter the bucketed beardo-weirdo....

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 05-02-2011).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
FYI for fellow news junkies....there are a TON of articles at:

www.drudgereport.com

www.theblaze.com
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

I still haven't been able to even watch the news (been a busy and weird day) but I have seen the pictures of people in the US "dancing in the streets". That reminds me a lot of the pictures I saw of people dancing in the streets in Arabic countries when the twin towers collapsed. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's just as wrong but I am saying Muslim extremists will now go out of their way to retaliate because be sure those images of American citizens celebrating will make the rounds between every western hating nutjob. We cut the head of the dragon? No, we removed a symbol. Don't be so naive as to think Al Qaeda can't function without OBL. I feel less save now than I did yesterday.

I repeat, announcing his death like this was an incredibly stupid thing to do. All it will do is get your country's people's spirit up - until the next big terrorist attack which now is a lot closer than it was yesterday I'm afraid.

...or, on the other hand, it shows that any single individual that wants to **** with the United States will get their ass kicked, no matter how long and drawn out needed.

Look, a single man directed a plot to fly planes into a handful of buildings in the United States, and how did we react? We toppled two governments, and led a 10-year long attack on terrorism. Obviously, we are not dealing with rational people (extremists), but it might make a couple of leaders think twice about how they want to proceed.

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

As I said in the other thread... what's wrong with you people? Why the political bantering about this? Osama is dead... why not just be happy about it. Who cares whether this hurts or helps Obama. Just be ****ing happy the guy is dead... this is something we should all be celebrating. Some of you guys should be ashamed that you're more concerned with the political ramifications of this than you are at the fact that the political mastermind of terrorism over the past 15-20 years has been killed.

Take a ****ing moment to be happy... his body is still warm and you guys are pointing fingers and going back and forth... seriously, what the ****?

Todd

One should never rejoice about death, even if its the enemy.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post05-02-2011 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
I didn't find out about this until a couple of hours ago, I don't watch TV or listen to the radio much anymore. Firstly, I want to say, Hoorah! Though this is just a symbolic victory (the OBL organization is well funded and staffed now) it is still, a victory. In the real world his death won't change much, if anything. The time for that would have been back in Tora Bora, but for whatever reason we diverted our attention and let him get away. Nevertheless, I have no doubts that choosing to take him out at this late stage of the game was a good one.

Now as to the political bickering, it was to be expected. Some people, a very small minority of all the good folks here, cannot seem to perceive their world in any kind of non-political context. With them, everything is about politics, everything. This thread is proof of that.

The other thing this thread is proof of is that we really need some way filter by username. Other forums offer that as a feature, where a person can put another on a filter list and poof, their posts will never be seen by that person again. I've used that twice on other forums and it works wonders. No political infighting, no political spewage into non-political threads, none of the crapfest personal attacks that seem to be so prevalent with this minority of political addicts such as in this very thread.

Back to the topic: He's dead, good riddance. Dumping his body at sea was a special touch, I hope they weighted it down good.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

I thought about that... it's certainly weird for me. But honestly... I got over it pretty quick when I watched videos of people jumping from the burning WTC, comitting suicide because they didn't want to burn to death.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-02-2011 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

I will be one of the few to agree.
Which is why I said "Good riddance to bad rubbish".
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post

Would the ticker tape parade at the end of WWII remind you of the same thing too? Osama was a self confessed terrorist that wanted to kill as many Americans as he could. The people who were murdered on 9/11/01 had no intent to kill anyone at all. They were just going to work.

If the Muslim world can't tell the difference then it is a bad reflection on them. I don't think anyone should change their actions so as not to hurt anyone's feelings in the Muslim world.

If the terrorists could launch an attack, then they would. Just because Osama is dead doesn't give them any more capabilities than they had before. What it might do is cause them to launch a half-baked attack or prematurely launch an attack that they were already planning. Frankly, it is better that they launch an attack while they are not thinking rationally. They are more likely to get caught and thwarted than if they plan it out for years.
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
Is it just a death or a victory over evil?
Funny how people will use this event to push even the pettiest of causes.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:
Now as to the political bickering, it was to be expected. Some people, a very small minority of all the good folks here, cannot seem to perceive their world in any kind of non-political context. With them, everything is about politics, everything. This thread is proof of that.

No it's not, !
You probably are surprised that I did not reek politics.
Talk about perception ? Your world involves perception which can not seem to be perceived any other way. Hello Pot.

The other thing this thread is proof of is that we really need some way filter by username. Other forums offer that as a feature, where a person can put another on a filter list and poof, their posts will never be seen by that person again.

Proof ? Is your nut sack made of soap bubbles ? Can you chew gum and walk at the same time ? A username filter ? Like you PM block list ? Go create your own bubble world.

The other thing this thread is proof of is that we really need some way filter by username. I've used that twice on other forums and it works wonders. No political infighting, no political spewage into non-political threads, none of the crapfest personal attacks that seem to be so prevalent with this minority of political addicts such as in this very thread.

Which forums or it never happened.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Or, one could just go back and delete all their old political posts and replace them with a single period.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

It might be sad that people can become what he was, and can lead others to kill innocent people. But justice is something that I am glad we have, I guess I would look at it more as being glad justice was served. Sure it is symbolic, sure it is political, its not perfect, but to me it was justice. Maybe some see his being taken out as revenge, I see it as justice.
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
'Cmon, guys. How gullible ARE you?
The body has conveniently been "buried at sea."
We can't see it.
Have we seen the death certificate?
Nope.
I DEMAND that President Obama produce the ORIGINAL death certificate, and photos of the shooting and the so called "burial at sea."
And not the short form of the death certifiacte, either.
Without the original long form, I will NEVER believe that Osama Bin Laden is dead.

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 05-02-2011).]

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post05-02-2011 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Or, one could just go back and delete all their old political posts and replace them with a single period.

I deleted all my posts everywhere except tech, all the ones that weren't already archived. Some of those posts were political, most were not. Your attempt to characterize otherwise is a falsehood. Of course.

Uh oh, black helicopters circling outside, is that you MJ?
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the "burial at sea" is becoming an issue with Muslim world.

http://www.globalpost.com/d...Sea-Muslim-Tradition

One way a Muslim is supposed to be buried:

The Koran is highly specific about the final disposition of Muslim remains. For example, believers are not to be buried in a cemetery with non-believers; they are to buried on their right side, facing in the direction of Mecca; burial should be deep enough to prevent odors that may attract predators; and so on.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scottzilla79:

Is it just a death or a victory over evil?
Funny how people will use this event to push even the pettiest of causes.

It provides some form of closure to all of us who lived, as adults, through September 11th and remember it vividly. For me, it was the first time that I realized my freedom and safety as an American was not to be taken for granted, and that it would not always be there. I was born in the late 70s... so other than the Iraq war, there was never anything of the kind that I could experience. Even the Iraq war... that was us defending Kuwait. For most of the people of my generation who are my age, we basically grew up in la-la land...

So the at-home attack was a pretty major wake-up call for us. I don't want to be dramatic here, because everyone has their story and remembers where they were, but it showed us that there exist very real threats to our country.

Killing OBL wasn't so much a victory or winning a war, as it was a closure for all of us that remember 9/11, and wanted to know how it was possible for someone to invade us like this. It's very similar, in my mind, as to what a parent feels when their daughter or son's killer is finally put to death on death row.

Do you call that winning a war? Or closure...

Not sure how old you are, but I think you said you were fairly young. I would guess that unless you've lived in "la-la land" as an adult with the rest of my generation, you probably can't fully grasp the gravity of this. I don't mean this in a bad way, but if you weren't even a teenager at the time (10 years ago), you might not see what the big deal is.

Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

he had nothing to do with killing Osama. He was put in the loop as a courtesy by the military. They could have kept it to themselves and just ran in and did the same thing without telling anyone....they are in a war zone. Soldiers dont have to ask the president every time they want to shoot an enemy combatant.

LOL, What a load of bull. Roger ,are you saying that, had the mission gone bad ,you and the other republican lackeys here, wouldn't have given The Commander in Chief 100% blame?
Do you think everybody at PFF is stupid. What a bunch of whinners, grow up.
"Carry On"
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-02-2011 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

For me, it was the first time that I realized my freedom and safety as an American was not to be taken for granted, and that it would not always be there.

And I grew up being told that at ANY MOMENT Russia would be dropping an A-Bomb on us while we were at school.
And before that it was the Japanesse.
And before that, the Germans.
And before that, the American Indian.
And before that.....

And ALWAYS the communists.
We have never really ever been secure and free of fear.

Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

It provides some form of closure to all of us who lived, as adults, through September 11th and remember it vividly. For me, it was the first time that I realized my freedom and safety as an American was not to be taken for granted, and that it would not always be there. I was born in the late 70s... so other than the Iraq war, there was never anything of the kind that I could experience. Even the Iraq war... that was us defending Kuwait. For most of the people of my generation who are my age, we basically grew up in la-la land...

So the at-home attack was a pretty major wake-up call for us. I don't want to be dramatic here, because everyone has their story and remembers where they were, but it showed us that there exist very real threats to our country.

Killing OBL wasn't so much a victory or winning a war, as it was a closure for all of us that remember 9/11, and wanted to know how it was possible for someone to invade us like this. It's very similar, in my mind, as to what a parent feels when their daughter or son's killer is finally put to death on death row.

Not sure how old you are, but I think you said you were fairly young. I would guess that unless you've lived in "la-la land" as an adult with the rest of my generation, you probably can't fully grasp the gravity of this. I don't mean this in a bad way, but if you weren't even a teenager at the time (10 years ago), you might not see what the big deal is.

So far you have the best and most poignant replies in this thread, at least as far as I am concerned.

For me the death of OBL shows our enemies that there is no measure to how long we will hunt you. We will never stop, we will be "relentless" in the pursuit of our enemies. The moment you get lazy, you get a bullet in your skull. I'm not glad a human being had to die for this to happen, but I am glad an enemy of the US is no more and that justice has been done.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

And I grew up being told that at ANY MOMENT Russia would be dropping an A-Bomb on us while we were at school.

And ALWAYS the communists.
We have never really ever been secure and free of fear.

I did too, but we called them what they really were.. socialists.
PFF
System Bot
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Yeah, I thought about that, too. Dead, he's a martyr. Once you have a martyr (especially in a culture that thinks so highly of martyrs), then you could have a problem.

The other angle is that this is big political capital here in the U.S. I doubt any politician could pass up the opportunity to announce this. Also, it is big news here in the U.S. I'm sure you've seen the gatherings at the White House and Times Square. I wouldn't doubt there will be more tomorrow and maybe later. I can see how releasing the news would be seen as good for the country and morale.

Also keep in mind they never would have been able to keep it a secret forever. It would have gotten out .. Eventually. I heard they kept it secret for about 6 weeks or so.. Which is pretty good for such a big story.. But i wouldn't be surprised at all if the reason they actually released it when they did was because the story may have gotten out, so they went ahead and announced it before the story spread.. I mean, i noticed all the news reporters seemed to know about it before the President even came out and said a word. They may have kept it secret for the reasons Cliff mentioned, or possibly sitting on it until it would benefit them more politically.. But whatever the case, Obama now has a strong political weapon at his disposal for 2012.. And rightfully so.

Clinton failed, and i honestly don't believe he tried real hard to get him, but that's my opinion, i obviously don't really know for sure. Bush failed to get him. Of course Bush claimed he wasn't a priority, which could have been a tactic to try to make Osama get lazy, and make him easier to catch, or just an excuse for the fact that he couldn't find or get to him. Based on Bush's record, im willing to believe the latter.. But that's only my opinion, none of us know for sure, the only thing we do know is the fact that he was not successful in getting him. Obama managed to get him.. If Bush truly didn't make Osama a priority, then im willing to believe most of what Obama said, in that he changed policy and made Osama a priority, and was successful.. Weather he got lucky, or if he just put more resources into getting him, and it worked, it really doesn't matter. He was killed on Obamas watch, so Obama will go down in history as the one who got him. And that's that. I would feel the same way regardless of what President "got him".. Because it doesn't matter.

So maby we can just support the victory for our nation, soldiers, and all of this crazy mans victoms..

You know, instead of acting like total doochbags..

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 05-02-2011).]

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

We can't see it.
Nope.
I DEMAND that President Obama produce the ORIGINAL death certificate, and photos of the shooting and the so called "burial at sea."
Without the original long form, I will NEVER believe that Osama Bin Laden is dead.

Tho i honestly believe it did happen, it was really bad PR.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

We can't see it.
Nope.

Then don't vote for him.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

We can't see it.
Nope.

Why? is he running for US President?
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post

I think we are roughly the same age. 79 is the year of my birth.
I was not the average kid tho, I followed politics very early. I remember making fun of Dukakis and his bushy eyebrows to great laughs when I was 9 years old. I also remember pan am 103, and the Beirut barracks bombing. I remember exactly where I was on Sept. 11th. I was living in Van Nuys, CA in a studio apartment, the news came on the tv just as I was getting ready for work. I don't remember if the second tower fell on my way to work, or after I got there, but I remember everyone at work was watching on the internet, most of the major streams were choked with traffic, I got video from wgntv.com The week after my partner and I put our asses on the line for the American way and took our planned weekend trip to SF. It was one of the first days of flights. It was quite eerie, we saw flight attendants crying at the airport., but we didn't want to let the scum stop us from living our lives. I felt proud to walk up the steps to the plane. Flight 93 gave us just enough confidence that it would not happen again.

I'm not taking it personally but I disagree with your reasoning. That people cannot understand anything unless that lived through a certain time. At my school there were, and probably still are signs for "fallout shelter" on the building. We still had "air raid drills" though maybe they were more for tornadoes. With some sensitivity, we can appreciate the struggles of those before us.

Just as the symbolic fall of the Berlin wall did not mean that we were all of a sudden safe, neither does the death of Bin Laden. It is not closure because the things that OBL stood for are still out there, and we need to remain vigilant.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-02-2011 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
You just know they took a ton of pictures.
This ain't one of them:

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

... I have seen the pictures of people in the US "dancing in the streets". That reminds me a lot of the pictures I saw of people dancing in the streets in Arabic countries when the twin towers collapsed.

I had the same thoughts, and I was equally repulsed by the public demonstrations ... but that's just me. I would not dream of dancing in celebration or even rejoicing at another's death, but deep inside I'm glad that Bin Laden finally died at the hands of the U.S. military. Justice has been served on Earth, and I believe that Allah's judgment of him will be even more stern

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

You just know they took a ton of pictures.
This ain't one of them:

Fake or not, don't you think that's a bit graphic for a family forum?
Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post

If we cave to fear and are fearful of bringing justice to those who mastermind, perpetrate and fund the attacks on 9/11/2001, terrorism wins. That's like saying don't bring justice to a murderer for fear his family or friends may use him as a martyr and retaliate in some way. Well, I say if they decide that's the path they want to take, well then we'll bring justice to them as well.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock