Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  BIN LADEN IS DEAD!!! (Page 14)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
BIN LADEN IS DEAD!!! by Raydar
Started on: 05-01-2011 10:42 PM
Replies: 550
Last post by: Doni Hagan on 05-13-2011 06:04 PM
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:
Article's author:

"Robert Gordon is a senior fellow at the Center for American Progress." (far left think tank).

so - if someone is partisan, they should be ignored?

well - this counts you out, eh?
IP: Logged
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

so - if someone is partisan, they should be ignored?

well - this counts you out, eh?

If I posted a quote from, say, Glenn Beck, what would you say?

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

If I posted a quote from, say, Glenn Beck, what would you say?

by your own rules, your post no longer has relevance.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
never mind...I'm talking to PYRTHIAN. Waste of time.

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 05-12-2011).]

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

No, you should *always* consider the source. I know I'm told that all the time if I post something from Fox News, or from a "conservative blog". Shouldn't the standard apply both ways?

yes. you are a right leaning Tea Birther.
and, by applying your "standard" - to be ignored & dismissed
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

yes. you are a right leaning Tea Birther.
and, by applying your "standard" - to be ignored & dismissed

I'm not a birther.
WhiteDevil88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post05-12-2011 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Well, yessir! (salute). I'll be sure to ask your permission to speak from now on.

I'm stuck in California because I can't sell this house and get anything for it. I can't afford to move, just like it says below my avatar. Thank you Democrats, Barney Frank, ACORN and the CRA.

For a guy who doesn't argue politics, you sure have a lot to say about it.

Didn't you move to that house when the market was up? You could have cashed out and gone anywhere. You decided to stay in California. And I am tired of listening to you complain about your personal choices. barney Frank and acorn didn't make you stay in California.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WhiteDevil88:
And I am tired of listening to you complain about your personal choices.

You have the option of not reading my posts.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27075 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Didn't you move to that house when the market was up? You could have cashed out and gone anywhere. You decided to stay in California.

I moved to my current house in 2005. Here's what the state economy looked like in 2005:

November 2005

California's Fiscal Outlook

The Budget Outlook

Summary

Budgetary Outlook Has Improved . . .

The budget outlook for 2006-07 and beyond has improved considerably over the past year. In last year’s California’s Fiscal Outlook, we projected that the state faced ongoing structural shortfalls peaking at nearly $10 billion in 2006-07. Since that time, California’s budget outlook has benefited from both a major increase in revenues and a significant amount of savings adopted in the 2005-06 spending plan. As a result of these developments, our current forecast indicates that:

The current year will end with a reserve of about $5.2 billion, up by nearly $4 billion from the 2005-06 Budget Act estimate.

This large carryover reserve will be more than sufficient to keep the state’s budget in balance in 2006-07 without any new program reductions or added revenues-even though current-law projected expenditures exceed projected revenues by $4 billion during that year.

===============================================

Here is an article on California's budget situation for 2011:

$15.4 billion deficit
http://www.sacbee.com/2011/...-budget-deficit.html

Housing peaked in 2006:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...tates_housing_bubble

My decision to move was BEFORE the housing peak, and while CA had a budget surplus. So...*what* is your point? Should I have been psychic before buying a different house?
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Article's author:

"Robert Gordon is a senior fellow at the Center for American Progress." (far left think tank).

You might like these people better, they seem to back up the evidence presented by the other article I linked. Not that I'm proposing that there isn't blame to go around but it seems to be misplaced in the CRA.

2008 Nobel Prize in Economics winner Paul Krugman noted in November 2009 that 55% of commercial real estate loans were currently underwater, despite being completely unaffected by the CRA.[105] According to Federal Reserve Governor Randall Kroszner, the claim that "the law pushed banking institutions to undertake high-risk mortgage lending" was contrary to their experience, and that no empirical evidence had been presented to support the claim. In a Bank for International Settlements (BIS) working paper, economist Luci Ellis concluded that "there is no evidence that the Community Reinvestment Act was responsible for encouraging the subprime lending boom and subsequent housing bust", relying partly on evidence that the housing bust has been a largely exurban event. Others have also concluded that the CRA did not contribute to the financial crisis, for example, FDIC Chairman Sheila Bair, Comptroller of the Currency John C. Dugan, Tim Westrich of the Center for American Progress, Robert Gordon of the American Prospect, Ellen Seidman of the New America Foundation, Daniel Gross of Slate, and Aaron Pressman from BusinessWeek.

Some legal and financial experts note that CRA regulated loans tend to be safe and profitable, and that subprime excesses came mainly from institutions not regulated by the CRA. In the February 2008 House hearing, law professor Michael S. Barr, a Treasury Department official under President Clinton,[63][113] stated that a Federal Reserve survey showed that affected institutions considered CRA loans profitable and not overly risky. He noted that approximately 50% of the subprime loans were made by independent mortgage companies that were not regulated by the CRA, and another 25% to 30% came from only partially CRA regulated bank subsidiaries and affiliates. Barr noted that institutions fully regulated by CRA made "perhaps one in four" sub-prime loans, and that "the worst and most widespread abuses occurred in the institutions with the least federal oversight".
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-12-2011 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
If the economy was your only complaint about California, that might hold some water. But you complain about the courts, about the BAR, about Berkeley bred liberals, etc etc etc. I can't recall you ever passing up an opportunity to complain about the state of California. I think you might just enjoy having something to complain about.

------------------
stimpy

Here's a hint for you...don't believe everything you THINK.

[This message has been edited by WhiteDevil88 (edited 05-12-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
This thread officially sucks. Both sides are acting like children.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:
You might like these people better, they seem to back up the evidence presented by the other article I linked. Not that I'm proposing that there isn't blame to go around but it seems to be misplaced in the CRA.
[/QUOTE]

Nope, that's Paul Krugman, and Keynesian economist and a columnist for the New York Times. His conclusions are wrong about government stimulus and so forth.

newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Nope, that's Paul Krugman, and Keynesian economist and a columnist for the New York Times. His conclusions are wrong about government stimulus and so forth.

Lot's of other names there, not just one.

Also are you disputing the assertions? (I should say the facts like percentages of loans and such)

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 05-12-2011).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

If the economy was your only complaint about California, that might hold some water. But you complain about the courts, about the BAR, about Berkeley bred liberals, etc etc etc. I can't recall you ever passing up an opportunity to complain about the state of California. I think you might just enjoy having something to complain about.

Maybe because I can tolerate (barely) all that other garbage. But when the liberal's chickens came home to roost in the economy of this state, that was the last straw.

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post
BIN LADEN IS DEAD!!! And as far as I know he did not live in California!
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-12-2011 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Maybe because I can tolerate (barely) all that other garbage. But when the liberal's chickens came home to roost in the economy of this state, that was the last straw.

If you can tolerate it, why complain? And if you can't tolerate it, why stay? You would not be the first to abandon their property in order to group financially in another state. Sell off your belongings and leave. Have some balls and make a change.

Or just keep whining.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-12-2011 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

WhiteDevil88

8518 posts
Member since Mar 2007

Originally posted by Red88FF:

Yeah, **** that guy. This thread went to **** 13 pages back.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Red88FF:

Hey, I asked for a new thread but it was ignored. Sorry to participate in getting the thread offf topic.

You are right though Bin Laden is no longer a threat and that's a good thing!
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post

Hey, I asked for a new thread but it was ignored. Sorry to participate in getting the thread offf topic.

You are right though Bin Laden is no longer a threat and that's a good thing!

Newf, I have no problem with the thread getting off track, I was actually enjoying the debate on the causes of the housing crash. What bothers me is the childish bickering. Do you really think that the combatants would even go to a new thread? I think they should go to the trash can. Maybe they should call it the sandbox. "Go play in the sandbox, children."
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scottzilla79:

Newf, I have no problem with the thread getting off track, I was actually enjoying the debate on the causes of the housing crash. What bothers me is the childish bickering. Do you really think that the combatants would even go to a new thread? I think they should go to the trash can. Maybe they should call it the sandbox. "Go play in the sandbox, children."

I don't have a huge problem with it either but I know it bugs some people and I admittedly contribute to getingt threads off track at times. As for the childish bickering I could do with out it but can't say that I haven't been dragged into it myself at times.

PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

If you can tolerate it, why complain? And if you can't tolerate it, why stay? You would not be the first to abandon their property in order to group financially in another state. Sell off your belongings and leave. Have some balls and make a change.

Or just keep whining.

Do you really want me to answer those questions?

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27075 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Lot's of other names there, not just one.

Also are you disputing the assertions? (I should say the facts like percentages of loans and such)

Just like the Center for American Progress (communists) article, it focuses ONLY on the CRA. That is *not* the only factor, only one of them.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Just like the Center for American Progress (communists) article, it focuses ONLY on the CRA. That is *not* the only factor, only one of them.

I believe I mentioned it wasn't the only factor.
I posted in response to your article (which I assume you find unbiased) that asserts the CRA and redlining was a major factor. From what I have read many people (not all accused "communists" but some top economists) consider the accusations against redlining and the CRA to be a very very small factor, if one at all, not the huge one that you seem to believe.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

I believe I mentioned it wasn't the only factor.
I posted in response to your article (which I assume you find unbiased) that asserts the CRA and redlining was a major factor. From what I have read many people (not all accused "communists" but some top economists) consider the accusations against redlining and the CRA to be a very very small factor, if one at all, not the huge one that you seem to believe.

newf, you must not being even reading what I wrote. Never mind.

newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

newf, you must not being even reading what I wrote. Never mind.

haha yeah, that MUST be it.

Anyways Bin Laden is still no more.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post

You have the option of not reading my posts.

I certainly exercise that option - doh! got me.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USFiero:

I certainly exercise that option - doh! got me.

Too late! aaaaaa!

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-13-2011 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Do you really want me to answer those questions?

Do you always answer a question with a question?
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
Lincoln and Douglas you two are not.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scottzilla79:

Lincoln and Douglas you two are not.

PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock