Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Does anybody have a 05-06 Pontiac GTO or used to?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Does anybody have a 05-06 Pontiac GTO or used to? by ghost187x
Started on: 05-01-2011 01:17 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: dsnover on 05-02-2011 09:51 AM
ghost187x

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
I might be able to purchase one of these soon. I am still thinking about it. I test drove the ls2 six speed gto and I was thrilled
Just curious if anybody else owns one or used to, and if you had any good/bad experiences with them. Also, if you have some guidance on what to look for when purchasing one.
thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 223
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsClick Here to Email blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
My son has an 05 GTO, six speed. He loves it, his mom and I, not so much. Stupid fast.
My son runs with a group of seven or eight goat owners, good guys all, sure hope they survive this.
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
yeah it is definitely a fast car. 3800 lbs or so is the curb weight... should be safe in theory lol
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 555
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Do you own stock in Exxon?
Two weak spots I've heard of are thin paint that chips easily and rear suspension bushings that wear out too fast.
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Do you own stock in Exxon?

lol. no. I have a Kia Rio for gas efficiency. The GTO will be for occasions.

kyunderdawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
'04 here. I can vouch for the paint being super thin and the suspension being crap ( IMO ). I wore out the BFG's at 16,000 miles.....all four corners on the inside. There is a lady on here that has a '05 and I'm sure didn't drive quite like me, but she wore her's out around 25,000 in the same fashion. There is a aftermarket camber kit that corrects this issue though.

I loved the LS1 that was in mine. The only reason I didn't get the '05 is because I got such a great deal on the left over '04 that only had a 100 miles on it. I miss it and they are very well built cars ( other than the camber issue ).
dsnover

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dsnoverSend a Private Message to dsnoverDirect Link to This Post
Gotta say I've been lusting for an 05 or 06 GTO for a while. I think if I ever see the perfect combination of the bright yellow and a six speed, and all-stock (not modified), I'd be all over it.

Thankfully (I suppose), the only LS2 in Yellow that I see up for sale are those with the automatic. Can't do that, no matter how good that auto is.....

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock