Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Help me pick a new daily driver for under $10k and gets at least 40mpg :D (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Help me pick a new daily driver for under $10k and gets at least 40mpg :D by Alibi
Started on: 04-28-2011 05:24 PM
Replies: 43
Last post by: JazzMan on 05-06-2011 10:52 AM
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
I went to a couple of the local car dealers today but didn't have much luck.

I first went to the local GM dealer and was basically kicked off the lot when I told the salesman my budget. Apparently they don't keep any used cars around.

I then went to the local Ford dealer where I had a much better experience with the salesman. They had some used cars in my price range, but nothing really what I was interested in. The salesman said they were selling the small fuel efficient cars much faster than they could restock their lot.

So... I need to go into Joplin (the nearest semi-large town with lots of used car dealers) and spend a day hitting up all the dealers.
IP: Logged
sricka01

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Direct Link to This Post
Cheapie car? Look for a 1997ish Acura CL coupe. Love these cars. Basically a premium Honda Accord with leather and climate control.
http://joplin.craigslist.org/ctd/2361164402.html
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 04:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
'97 is a bit older than I'd rather look for. I'm going for something newish so that I won't have to mess with repairs for a loooooong time. Fixing stuff on a DD in the mud in my backyard has gotten old.
JazzMan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post05-06-2011 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Try this: Go to http://www.searchtempest.com/ a Craigslist search engine, enter in the miles you'd be willing to go for a car, enter a price range (you say up to $10k, so enter $9k-10k) and leave the search text blank. Set it to look in cars/truck, set it for dealer or non-dealer (your choice) and just see what things are running for in the area you're willing to buy from. It's a great way to get a feel for what's out there in the price ranges you're looking at.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock