Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Where did all the anti-war protestors go? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Where did all the anti-war protestors go? by Wichita
Started on: 04-26-2011 08:23 AM
Replies: 63
Last post by: cliffw on 04-28-2011 07:57 AM
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
The anti-war movement was all over the news before President Obama was elected. But apparently they weren’t really anti-war ... they were just anti-President Bush.

Read more: http://stossel.blogs.foxbus...rs-go/#ixzz1KdCfzr5q
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
yup.... where is that nut job Cindy Sheehan?
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
same place all the war coverage is.....

zzz.zz.....zzzz..z.z.....zzzz.....

how about them Hatians?

yeah

but - if you find that the media is in fact reality - the problem may be your own?
I am pretty sure those against the wars in 2003 are still against the wars. So, what is the status of the "War in Iraq"?
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Answer: hypocrites
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I mentioned this to my wife the other day. I told her how it was curious that any mention of the daily death tally on the evening news disappeared after Obama took over the White House. Now we even have a third war going and there is hardly any news about it.
I guess they don't want any stories that could tarnish Obama's image since he is up for re-election.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Still drinking the kool-aid? Or maybe they just have their head in the sand, but as mentioned, the news hasn't talked much about it... but they are not biased..oh no.... not the media..... sigh...
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
Here's a war protester my nephew found in Naw Zad, Afghanistan:

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Didn't you hear? All the wars are over.
There's nothing to protest. Nobel Peace Prize winner Obama has brought peace to America and the world.
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
Don't you know? The bombs that Obama is dropping are bombs filled with love. Not those evil killing kind that the Republicans used. That's why the more wars Obama gets the US involved in, the greater his chances of recieving another Nobel Peace Award are. Quite simple really if you use Liberal logic.

[This message has been edited by loafer87gt (edited 04-26-2011).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-26-2011 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

I mentioned this to my wife the other day. I told her how it was curious that any mention of the daily death tally on the evening news disappeared after Obama took over the White House. Now we even have a third war going and there is hardly any news about it.

Oh geesh, now Obama controls the media?
To hear some people tell it, Obama has more power then any other ruler on earth, ever.
One single man, souly making every desision and singley controlling every move this country makes.
Wow.

Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
It's not that he controls the media, its that they treat him differently. I don't think Obama asked Christ Matthews to get a thrill up his leg.
PFF
System Bot
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

To hear some people tell it, Obama has more power then any other ruler on earth, ever.
One single man, souly making every desision and singley controlling every move this country makes.
Wow.

Yea, he must have been well schooled by Dick Cheney.

[This message has been edited by spark1 (edited 04-26-2011).]

tmur115

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tmur115Send a Private Message to tmur115Direct Link to This Post

no not obama directly, but the "left".... obama reminds me of the wizard of oz (he's the "scary apparition") "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" the real question is who is the "man" behind the curtain?

=todd=

Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post

Some in the media may be disappointed by this image, as they don't get a glimpse of his "glistening pectorals".
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
HAHAHA!!! Obummer controlling anything??? That's a riot!

It's the people that got him elected that are controlling everything.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
so - what is the status of the war in Iraq?
that may answer the Q which has so many confused
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I did notice that the "THIS WEEK' Sunday NBC show stopped telling the viewers the number of war casualties each week. Maybe GE told them to stop as it created a negative image for the Obamanation. Or have there been no casualties since the annointed one took control of the war effort.
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

The anti-war movement was all over the news before President Obama was elected. But apparently they weren’t really anti-war ... they were just anti-President Bush.

Read more: http://stossel.blogs.foxbus...rs-go/#ixzz1KdCfzr5q

MIght have more to do with the fact that both the Iraq and Afghanistan wars were started under Bush with seemingly no attempt to end them while Obama inherited those two wars and seems to be attempting an exit strategy.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

MIght have more to do with the fact that both the Iraq and Afghanistan wars were started under Bush with seemingly no attempt to end them while Obama inherited those two wars and seems to be attempting an exit strategy.

You mean the exit strategy that Bush implemented with the Iraqi government before Obama was elected?
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
Is Paula Cole going to write another song for Obama?

Speaking of Paula Cole, she wouldn't even have to much. Just redo the lyrics to this song:

I remember taking on the war protesters in various forums and in real life discussions. They all claimed they were protesting for the troops. That every death caused them real pain and that is why we must end all of these wars. I guess it doesn't pain them anymore because they are nowhere to be found.

[This message has been edited by Doug85GT (edited 04-26-2011).]

newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

You mean the exit strategy that Bush implemented with the Iraqi government before Obama was elected?

Yeah that's the one, the one that was handed off.
PFF
System Bot
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post
They just missed its renaming. Once they catch up, they'll report it, sort of like their calling terrorism "Man caused disasters."
White House: Libya Fight is Not War, It's 'Kinetic Military Action'

By: Byron York

In the last few days, Obama administration officials have frequently faced the question: Is the fighting in Libya a war? From military officers to White House spokesmen up to the president himself, the answer is no. But that leaves the question: What is it?

In a briefing on board Air Force One Wednesday, deputy national security adviser Ben Rhodes took a crack at an answer. "I think what we are doing is enforcing a resolution that has a very clear set of goals, which is protecting the Libyan people, averting a humanitarian crisis, and setting up a no-fly zone," Rhodes said. "Obviously that involves kinetic military action, particularly on the front end."

Rhodes' words echoed a description by national security adviser Tom Donilon in a briefing with reporters two weeks ago as the administration contemplated action in Libya. "Military steps -- and they can be kinetic and non-kinetic, obviously the full range -- are not the only method by which we and the international community are pressuring Gadhafi," Donilon said.

[This message has been edited by texasfiero (edited 04-26-2011).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Yeah that's the one, the one that was handed off.

Not the one the new Commander in Chief has to follow. Facts are, Nobama was against the surge. It worked. Facts are, the exit strategy is working. Facts are, Nobama was gonna close Guitanamo. It works.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Not the one the new Commander in Chief has to follow. Facts are, Nobama was against the surge. It worked. Facts are, the exit strategy is working. Facts are, Nobama was gonna close Guitanamo. It works.

Facts are Obama is ending both wars as per the Military leaders suggestions, that's what seems to be wroking, at least there seems to be an end in sight. Guitanamo? I hear there is some great new wikileaks about how well it is working.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Facts are Obama is ending both wars as per the Military leaders suggestions, ...

Yes. The military leaders Commander in Chief George Bush allowed to run the war. The suggestions which were suggested when the Commander in Chief George Bush was, the Commander in Chief. The suggestions Nobama, and the other dumbocrats and media railed against when George Bush was the Commander in Chief. Hmm.
An end in sight ? Do you have some wikileaks info that we have not been privy to ?

Guitanamo? I hear there is some great new wikileaks about how well it is working.

It's working. Well enough. Yes, perhaps we let a few too many go back to the battle field. What exactly are you referring to ?

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 04-26-2011).]

newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
Yes. The military leaders Commander in Chief George Bush allowed to run the war. The suggestions which were suggested when the Commander in Chief George Bush was, the Commander in Chief. The suggestions Nobama, and the other dumbocrats and media railed against when George Bush was the Commander in Chief. Hmm.
An end in sight ? Do you have some wikileaks info that we have not been privy to ?

Yup exactly my point, it's the Commander in Chief "Dubble U" that had to make the decisions to start 2 wars with no exit strategy and left it to the current administration to sort out. Fact is both wars are a mess.

End in sight? I thought so, aren't there draw down plans for both in place?
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

I remember taking on the war protesters in various forums and in real life discussions. They all claimed they were protesting for the troops. That every death caused them real pain and that is why we must end all of these wars. I guess it doesn't pain them anymore because they are nowhere to be found.

On a related note, there was something else I noticed. Before the 2008 election, there were a LOT of Democrats and/or Progressives who participated in these discussions and they had a LOT to say about the President and Congress. Both here and on another forum I used to spend a lot of time on, THE DAY AFTER the election, the Democrats/Progressives DISAPPEARED, or at least 99% of them did. Suddenly, they had NOTHING to say. It was amazing. Evidently, now they can't be bothered to comment on bad policies coming from the Congress or White House, or even try to DEFEND their beloved Democrats, but OH BOY did they have a lot to say when it was Bush and the Republicans.

Interesting, isn't it?
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

On a related note, there was something else I noticed. Before the 2008 election, there were a LOT of Democrats and/or Progressives who participated in these discussions and they had a LOT to say about the President and Congress. Both here and on another forum I used to spend a lot of time on, THE DAY AFTER the election, the Democrats/Progressives DISAPPEARED, or at least 99% of them did. Suddenly, they had NOTHING to say. It was amazing. Evidently, now they can't be bothered to comment on bad policies coming from the Congress or White House, or even try to DEFEND their beloved Democrats, but OH BOY did they have a lot to say when it was Bush and the Republicans.

Interesting, isn't it?

Kind of like exactly what is going on here?
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Kind of like exactly what is going on here?

If you mean how all the Democrats disappeared, that's what I meant and *here* is where I meant. The other was a pilot forum, very different demographic, but same result. It was astonishing to say the least.

newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

If you mean how all the Democrats disappeared, that's what I meant and *here* is where I meant. The other was a pilot forum, very different demographic, but same result. It was astonishing to say the least.

I have no idea who has "disappeared" from here but I've seen my fair share of people attacked and run off of the forum for expressing views that do not conform with the general conservative viewpoint of the most rabid of posters here on PFF OT.

Why not do a search and see how many anti "left" threads there are as opposed to anti "right" ones.

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 04-26-2011).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

I have no idea who has "disappeared" from here but I've seen my fair share of people attacked and run off of the forum for expressing views that do not conform with the general conservative viewpoint of the most rabid of posters here on PFF OT.

Why not do a search and see how many anti "left" threads there are as opposed to anti "right" ones.

And utilize the archives to see how many of the inverse were posted during the Bush years. Nothing has really changed Newf--there's always a preponderance of "anti", the only difference is who hppens to be in majority or power at any given time, and the incumbent always is on the recieving end of critcism. When/if the pendulum swings back the other way, we will again see a lot of "anti right" threads. I've already noticed an increase, beginning as soon as the new congress was sworn in.

PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Good point.

And Bear, I have to say I think newf makes an excellent example of how the Left are treated. He typically responds very reasonably, and logically, while backing up posts with sources. However, he is unnecessarily attacked AS IF he was an idiot. I understand he disagrees with us on many things, but he is anything but unintelligent. I think many people need to understand that even though someone has an opinion completely polarizing your own, it doesn't mean they don't have good reasons, or didn't do any research.

I understand this sounds like I'm just brown-nosing newf, but I don't think he's treated very well compared to how he treats others on here. I suspect that there are many other Left-leaning members who are afraid to post because they see how much a reasonable poster still gets attacked.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

And utilize the archives to see how many of the inverse were posted during the Bush years. Nothing has really changed Newf--there's always a preponderance of "anti", the only difference is who hppens to be in majority or power at any given time, and the incumbent always is on the recieving end of critcism. When/if the pendulum swings back the other way, we will again see a lot of "anti right" threads. I've already noticed an increase, beginning as soon as the new congress was sworn in.

"Anti right" threads on here?? I understand that there will be always people who want to complain or pick out the "wrong" in the people in power and I readily admit I wasn't active on OT during the Bush years so I can't say if it was the same better or worse. It just seems that OT seems to be mostly overwhelmingly conservative, which is fine, however the amount of hate and fear that gets posted without any regard to facts at times is what is bothersome to me for the most part, especially when it degrades to name calling and attacks on those with differing opinions or thoughts.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
You missed a downright free-for-all. It's been the same for as long as I've been here--it just swings back and forth--back and forth.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

I suspect that there are many other Left-leaning members who are afraid to post because they see how much a reasonable poster still gets attacked.

And that's the problem IMO some seem to want everyone to think and believe whatever it is they do and feel the need to hate and attack if someone doesn't. And then have the gall to claim some kind of affinity with something called "freedom". Yeah, Right on!
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

newf

8704 posts
Member since Sep 2006

Originally posted by maryjane:

You missed a downright free-for-all. It's been the same for as long as I've been here--it just swings back and forth--back and forth.

I dislike it from whatever "side" it may come from. I know it's hard for people on here to fathom but amongst friends I defended the "dumb" Bush a lot. No matter what the guy did some autimatically said "what an idiot", honestly I don't think politicians themselves hold as much hate for the "other side" as most constituants. Smart move in a way by the parties to lessen the "undicided" or "swing" voters and give them a clearer picture of supporters but I wish more people would see through the crap that the extreme of either party spews in order to give the sheep reasons to hate and fear. I'm not a big fan of being told how to feel about things, not that I haven't been sucked up into some of it at times myself, they are good at what they do. It's almost as if it is their job!!

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

Good point.

And Bear, I have to say I think newf makes an excellent example of how the Left are treated. He typically responds very reasonably, and logically, while backing up posts with sources. However, he is unnecessarily attacked AS IF he was an idiot. I understand he disagrees with us on many things, but he is anything but unintelligent. I think many people need to understand that even though someone has an opinion completely polarizing your own, it doesn't mean they don't have good reasons, or didn't do any research.

Maybe you were here pre-November 2008, maybe not. I'm guessing not because you don't seem aware of the number of Democrats who participated, and the level of vitriol they had for President Bush, the Republicans in Congress and the Senate, and anyone here who is Republican and/or Conservative. The bottom line is, the alleged outnumbering of conservatives didn't seem to phase them when they could throw all kinds of s*** at us, but they can't seem to be bothered to participate now.

I understand this sounds like I'm just brown-nosing newf, but I don't think he's treated very well compared to how he treats others on here. I suspect that there are many other Left-leaning members who are afraid to post because they see how much a reasonable poster still gets attacked.

Newf often comes across as being a contrarian, arguing for the sake of arguing, sometimes comes across as just a s*** disturber and bordering on a troll. His arguments do not always appear to take the form of reasoned discourse.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Newf often comes across as being a contrarian, arguing for the sake of arguing, sometimes comes across as just a s*** disturber and bordering on a troll. His arguments do not always appear to take the form of reasoned discourse.

How many times do I have to state this, I wonder?

I like to challenge people on what they believe sometimes to see why it is they do. Sometimes I will point out things that seem false or untrue when people say them or ask them to back their statements up. If you consider that trolling I suggest you google what a troll is because you and many other here seem to have no idea what it means or are interpreting it wrong.

I'm sure I've been baited into arguements at times and maybe even posted when P.O.ed but my honest opinion is that when someone goes "against the conservative grain" on here they tend to get attacked. Maybe you are correct and the same thing was done to Conservatives previously but if you didn't enjoy that why would you act in the same manner?

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
There's a huge difference in what politicians say to each other--especially behind closed door meetings and what they say in public.
Politicians, tho emotional at times, are generally polite in negotiations, but pull out all stops in campaigns and when trying to sway the public to support any pending legislation. Virtually all campaigns are filled with outright lies, innuendo, and promises they never intend or have to keep. If you believe politicians don't attempt to convince the electorate that they are wrong and the party is right, you are very much mistaken.
And of course, they DO have to work with each other, and constituents generally do not have to work with one another. They do have some semblence of order in congress, and constituents do not have to worry about the same things.

Right after the Bush reelection, I saw some liberals exclaim how stupid the nation's voters were--not to mention the charge that the elcetion was stolen. The angry rhetoric that came from the liberal OT members regarding GWBs military service was a hot topic, charges of misconduct, coverups, and of course, that he was unfit to run the nation because of his failed businesses. It went on and on, just as it did in reverse when Bill Clinton was in office and being impeached. People were banned because of misconduct, even before the rating system. Nothing has changed really.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69651 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Maybe you are correct and the same thing was done to Conservatives previously but if you didn't enjoy that why would you act in the same manner?

That, is American politics Newf. I remember well, one night when I was young, my parents had another couple over playing dominos at our kitchen table. The visitors were republicans--my father a stern democrat for life. The converation turned to politics and it got loud---this was around 1964 or so. I was 14.
"This all started back with FDR so you might as well get your ass back there!!"

It went downhill from there.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock