Started on: 04-20-2011 07:03 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: FieroSTETZ on 04-22-2011 01:43 AM
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Did you watch it?

Your comments/opinion?

(Just started watching it)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I've seen it.

You'll forget about it in T-minus when you fall asleep.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
I know it's not 100% accurate, and lacks any explosions, 3D, or boobies, but fall asleep?

Wow, RottenTomatoes gave it a 98?
89% of the audience liked it?

Didn't hear about it till a friend of mine mentioned it last week.

It DOES start slow, but it explains things pretty well, I think. I knew SOME of the basics, but not all the major players involved...

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
I meant--You will like it the night you watch it, and maybe even tell some friends you had a pleasant experience, but when you wake up the next morning you probably won't remember the movie very well.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

I meant--You will like it the night you watch it, and maybe even tell some friends you had a pleasant experience, but when you wake up the next morning you probably won't remember the movie very well.

I dunno - I don't exactly "like" it - only have been able to watch parts of it during my commute - but it is ANYTHING but pleasant...
It's well done, but just wonder how accurate it is. Doesn't seem to sensationalize it too much, but they do pick some 'guilty-looking' video clips of these guys...then PAUSE! for dramtic effect... then guy looking to the side..then PAUSE!
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
WOW. I read "Italian Job".

Forget EVERYTHING I said.

Whoops!
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post04-21-2011 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

I dunno - I don't exactly "like" it - only have been able to watch parts of it during my commute - but it is ANYTHING but pleasant...
It's well done, but just wonder how accurate it is. Doesn't seem to sensationalize it too much, but they do pick some 'guilty-looking' video clips of these guys...then PAUSE! for dramtic effect... then guy looking to the side..then PAUSE!

Yeah, generally it's not all that useful to show bad people in a good light because it would come across as a dissonance. Imagine portraying, for instance, the evil (insert dictator/despot/tyrant) playing with their kids on a sunny spring picnic while the narrator discusses the various evil deeds they're responsible for. Messes up the whole tone of the piece.

In other news, here's a pretty dense infodump on the subject if you want to cram your head with a multiyear event crammed into a few hours: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/meltdown/
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

WOW. I read "Italian Job".

Forget EVERYTHING I said.

Whoops!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAAA That's awesome!!!

Makes sure you read that twice - YOU'RE AWESOME for misreading the title of the movie, and making me wonder why you'd find the housing crisis enjoyable...

That other movie's the one w/ the minis, right? New saw it...

HAHAHAHHAHAH THAT's AWESOME
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

HAHAHAHAHHAHAAA That's awesome!!!

Makes sure you read that twice - YOU'RE AWESOME for misreading the title of the movie, and making me wonder why you'd find the housing crisis enjoyable...

That other movie's the one w/ the minis, right? New saw it...

HAHAHAHHAHAH THAT's AWESOME

I do what I can

Yeah it's the one with the mini's. That's the only part I remember of THAT movie.

So I looked into the Inside Job... wanna watch it soon.
FieroSTETZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2011 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZDirect Link to This Post

It's like the movie equivalent of pearl jam - many like it, but 24 hours later you've totally forgotten about them.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock