Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Marines and Soldiers in govt issue silk undies? yep--Ballistic boxers

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Marines and Soldiers in govt issue silk undies? yep--Ballistic boxers by maryjane
Started on: 04-20-2011 10:01 AM
Replies: 10
Last post by: BlackThunderGT on 04-20-2011 07:52 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/...tective.gear/?hpt=C2

Whether it's an Army helmet with a thicker shell and better padding, or underwear that can protect a Marine private's privates, the U.S. military is looking at sending the latest gear to Afghanistan so the troops can come home safe and sound.

Next month, the Army is going to start sending the "ballistic boxers" to soldiers in Afghanistan, and the Marines intend for each of their troops there to have four pairs of the "protective undergarments," as they are formally known, before the end of the year.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
These are going to redefine the meaning of skid marks.
htexans1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
What will the army do when complaints of chafing occur or when the first soldier goes to the infirmary for splinters lol
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
The men in uniform should be issued a stainless steel trouser helmet for use when on patrol.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
IF they were home it wouldnt matter
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
I'm surprised they don't already have silk shorts.

Silk is the "holy grail" of hiking. It has long been considered the best thing for a bottom layer, it wicks moisture, keeps you cool and dry, or warm and dry depending on the layer above it, and provides some water protection.

It's used to "buffer" inside sleeping bags, keeping them from getting dirty and smelly after months of use, and keeping the down fill from getting as wet through the night, while still allowing breath-ability.

There are other materials, both man made, and natural, but one by one they all fail when compared to silk.

Brad
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
Wait is this the same DOD that sent troops into warzones with unarmored humvees?
Silk industry must have a better lobbyist.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post04-20-2011 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scottzilla79:

Wait is this the same DOD that sent troops into warzones with unarmored humvees?

They do have a different commander in chief.
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scottzilla79:

unarmored or armored does not matter...when it's your time, it's your time!
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

unarmored or armored does not matter...when it's your time, it's your time!

huh?

The people who go in harms way for US deserve the proper equipment to keep them as safe as possible.

Armored DOES matter.
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:
huh?
The people who go in harms way for US deserve the proper equipment to keep them as safe as possible.
Armored DOES matter.

equipment is nice to have... I have driven all over iraq in both armored and unarmored vehicles... likr I said before when it's your time to die does not matter where you are orf what you are doing you are going to die... don't believe that GO in harms way and see for youeself
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock