Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Gen Stanley McChrystal cleared of any wrongdoing following Rolling Stone article

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Gen Stanley McChrystal cleared of any wrongdoing following Rolling Stone article by spark1
Started on: 04-19-2011 05:34 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: htexans1 on 04-20-2011 12:10 AM
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
Gen Stanley McChrystal cleared of any wrongdoing following Rolling Stone article

Gen Stanley McChrystal, the US commander in charge of Afghanistan forced to resign following a magazine article in which he criticised President Barack Obama, has been cleared of any wrongdoing by a Pentagon investigation.

The report by the Department of Defence's inspector general comes as an embarrassment for President Barack Obama and was seen by some as the military establishment's retort to losing one of its biggest stars.

Rookie mistake?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CommanderKeen

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenDirect Link to This Post
One of the military establishments biggest stars? No way. He got the unfortunate general officer task of going against sound judgment and experienced advice and trying to merge military strategy and the promises of a political platform. Its one of the shitty parts about working directly for the CAC/CIC. He would have been inevitibly been canned as his policies led to increased nato/military casualties without any positive support gained for a universally negative conflict. The rolling stone piece just sped that up.
htexans1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
Its no crime to state ones own opinion of the anointed one (yet); many service people do it, its just the Gen got caught.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock