Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Life Imitates Art - 'Leaving New Orleans'?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Life Imitates Art - 'Leaving New Orleans'? by Boondawg
Started on: 04-16-2011 09:47 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Scottzilla79 on 04-18-2011 02:21 PM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-16-2011 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

NEW ORLEANS — Oscar-winning actor Nicolas Cage has been arrested in New Orleans after a drunken argument with his wife outside a residence in the French Quarter, police said on Saturday.

The 47-year-old film star was taken into custody at about 11:30 p.m. on Friday and booked on suspicion of domestic abuse battery, disturbing the peace and public drunkenness, New Orleans Police spokesman Garry Flot said in a written statement.

Cage was expected to make an initial court appearance on Saturday afternoon.

According to the statement, Cage was observed arguing with his wife on a street in the city's French Quarter.

"(Cage) and his wife were standing in front of a residence that he insisted was the property the couple was renting," Flot said in the statement. "She disagreed and Cage grabbed her by the upper arm and pulled her to what he believed was the correct address."

The actor then began striking cars and tried to get into a taxi cab, Flot said.

"At that point, an officer who had been flagged down by on-lookers drove up on the couple, immediately observed that Cage was heavily intoxicated, and ordered him out of the cab, which prompted Cage to start yelling. The officers subsequently took Cage to Central Lock-Up," Flot said.

There were no visible injuries to Cage's wife, he said.

Cage, the nephew of film director Francis Ford Coppola, is best known for such films as "Raising Arizona," "Gone in 60 Seconds" and "National Treasure."

He has twice been nominated for an Academy Award, winning the Oscar for his portrayal of a down-and-out alcoholic in the 1995 film "Leaving Las Vegas.

'Leaving Las Vegas' is one of my favorite movies.
Maybe one of the hardest movies I have ever watched.
Very ruff to watch.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
I often tell people if they are too happy to watch that movie.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
His wife is really young.

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post04-18-2011 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

I often tell people if they are too happy to watch that movie.

Yeah, that was a tough, tough movie to watch. It's still in my collection, not sure if I'll ever watch it again.

As to whether Cage is following the footsteps of that fictional character, it's highly unlikely. If it had been any other drunken spousal argument it wouldn't have even rated the news.
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2011 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

His wife is really young.

holy crap Nick you're supposed to adopt them not marry them.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock