Started on: 04-16-2011 02:48 PM
Replies: 34
Last post by: Jefrysuko on 04-19-2011 12:21 PM
Isolde

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post
Ya know, yesterday was the first time I ever saw a ratings bar for myself, and it surprised me.
I've never believed in going along to get along, if I have info that contradicts the popular misconceptions.
Such was the problem for Galileo, and many others.
Maybe it's more about inability to resist attacking our attackers?
We present new info that contradicts their beliefs, they type and post the same tired old rhetoric, and since we've already presented the info that disproves the rhetoric, we have no recourse other than name-calling.
On Pirate4x4, name-calling doesn't get negs, or banning. Maybe I'm on there way too much.
But how can we respect people who throw rhetoric after new info? Aren't they sort of indirectly declaring themselves unworthy of continued respect? Or is everyone a hypocrite for agreeing that open-mindedness is good, but then very few live up to it?
I don't understand human nature 1% of my understanding of advanced engine theory. I have no social skills. But I feel good when I help a person who would benefit by applying what I type. And I'm upset that it mostly blows up in my face.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
No neg from me. I've never seen you post anything out of line on here. People can be childish and that is the weak link in this self monitored forum. I can see my ratings bar looking like that too because I also challenge people and that is what people hate more than anything. You can post all the facts in the world but when you challenge someone's logic they get really pissy.
I don't know who said it but "if you're not pissing somebody off, you're not doing it right."
TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
You already had a + from me... I'm guessing I added it for some bit of tech advice or something.
partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post
Wow, never saw you ever post anything that even should have raised a red flag, let alone a red ratings bar.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
i speak my mind, and dont linger in political threads,as i find them do have people acting like jackasses mostly

a good number of my ratings came from being helpful in tech

------------------
AIM:Onefast2M8
00 VW GTi VR6 -- Not stock
06 VW GTi 2.0t
99 Explorer Eddie Bauer 5.0 AWD

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Is this going to be another pity me becasue of my ratings bar thread? I gave you a plus so you don't need to feel insecure. In before Cliff closes this thread.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Isolde:

Ya know, yesterday was the first time I ever saw a ratings bar for myself, and it surprised me.
I've never believed in going along to get along, if I have info that contradicts the popular misconceptions.

... Or is everyone a hypocrite for agreeing that open-mindedness is good, but then very few live up to it?

... I have no social skills.

There is nothing wrong with sharing your information, point of view, or respectfully correcting inaccurate information. These things happen on an hourly basis but normally do not result in excessive RED.
More often than not it isn't what you say (type) it is how you say it/type it that will generate an unfavorable response... and I suspect this is where a portion of your negs came from.

If you want to spent time on social networks/forums... it is probably a good idea to learn some social skills.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

I have yet to rate you, but the red in your bar could be related to you thinking that people are attacking you. I have rarely seen anyone just attacking on here. There are times people keep arguing in other threads, but outright attacks are kinda rare in my opinion anyway. Perhaps you should step back and re-read posts that you view as an attack, before you "attack back".

I know your username, and reacall a few posts you have made, mostly random Fiero stuff, though one recent one about not Loving your Fiero . That's blasphemy!!

Really it just looks like you have taken a hit on your political threads, but nobody can really say for sure where you got what.

Brad

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-16-2011 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

.... it is probably a good idea to learn some social skills.

WTF is "social skills" ?....

Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
Who are you???
How can I make it 10+ years and not get banned, yet you in less than a month are on the edge?

Oh and I've touched everything from abortion to champion spark plugs
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post

Uaana

6570 posts
Member since Dec 1999
I've got it.. Lets join a forum.. and start bashing said forum, cars, women, men, democrats and republicans.

Dude.. build up a lil + before picking fights.
PFF
System Bot
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
i have seen you post things that would get some negs, but thats here and there, no enough to get you THAT FAR into the red.

i just got another neg today, and i havent even said anything remotely offensive for a long time, unless someone is digging around the trash can and found somethign mean i said lol
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
That is kind of odd. I've had and still have you as a plus for awhile now.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 04-17-2011).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-17-2011 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

I have not rated you becouse you have YET to tell me how totally awesomely cool I am.
That will not stand.

Here, I will 'pay it forward'.

You know what to do.
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
I fly under the radar ftw. I'm more of a lurker anyway.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-17-2011 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by faaaaq:

i just got another neg today, and i havent even said anything remotely offensive for a long time, unless someone is digging around the trash can and found somethign mean i said lol

I will bet you got it for calling into work when you could should have walked.
Wanna' bet?

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 04-17-2011).]

newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

We present new info that contradicts their beliefs, they type and post the same tired old rhetoric, and since we've already presented the info that disproves the rhetoric, we have no recourse other than name-calling.
On Pirate4x4, name-calling doesn't get negs, or banning. Maybe I'm on there way too much.
But how can we respect people who throw rhetoric after new info? Aren't they sort of indirectly declaring themselves unworthy of continued respect? Or is everyone a hypocrite for agreeing that open-mindedness is good, but then very few live up to it?
I don't understand human nature 1% of my understanding of advanced engine theory. I have no social skills. But I feel good when I help a person who would benefit by applying what I type. And I'm upset that it mostly blows up in my face.

I don't really have much time for name calling but I have only given one neg during my time here and that was for outright bigoted hate speech. Sucks that you are that far in the red but some people give them out for various reasons, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

faaaaq

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I will bet you got it for calling into work when you could should have walked.
Wanna' bet?

eh, havent gone in that thread since my last post. the 2 hours walk would have still gotten me fired (and then id have to walk 2 hours home..), at least this way i will get to work 10 hours before i get fired
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Uaana:

champion spark plugs

Isolde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2011 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post
I appreciate all the friendly responses, and I don't care what my bar looks like so long as I can still participate.
At church yesterday, a comment was made that got me realizing my typing on here doesn't always reflect well on myself or my beliefs. After church, I realized that what I was fishing for was explanations from the neg-givers, and I immediately realized that that isn't likely.
Fighting causes me stress. I guess that's true of everyone, but it's like bee stings. They bother everybody, but some worse than others.
If I'm gonna live my beliefs, which helps self-respect, then I need to talk things out with any I've offended, but in this case, how?
This thread isn't about ratings, it's about me learning and growing, to the benefit of the community as well as my own.
I've never done well at accepting constructive criticism, but I'd rather that, especially from this mostly friendly community, than lose my participation.
The Fiero world is so much less cookie-cutter than Camaros. That's another big part of what keeps me here. And it explains why a Fiero forum is so much more needed than all the F-car forums combined.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2011 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
I just got my bar last week (I think, or was it 2 weeks ago? Ah hell, I don't remember.) and was incredibly surprised that it wasn't more red than it is... I haven't rated you because I'm not sure our paths have crossed in any meaningful manner while I've been on here, and will rate accordingly when it does..

------------------

PFF
System Bot
normsf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2011 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfDirect Link to This Post
Hello, well Im suprised myself too, dont see any issues. I may have given one neg, in all my time here though as I remember he had some hate issues. Yet Im suprised about my own bar too, I quess you cant have a opinion on a political subject without someone thinking its personal though I thought I never made it a personal attack on anybody.
normsf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2011 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfDirect Link to This Post

normsf

1682 posts
Member since Oct 2003

Originally posted by Khw:

That is kind of odd. I've had and still have you as a plus for awhile now.

Hello, so how do you look at the history of your ratings as too whom and what for. It just tell me how I can rate for that one person. Thanks Norm
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2011 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by normsf:

Hello, so how do you look at the history of your ratings as too whom and what for. It just tell me how I can rate for that one person. Thanks Norm

It's not so much a forum feature as a personal recollection. For instance, I hit the "Rate this member" link under your name and it comes up that I have you, normsf, rated as a positive. Now I can't recall exactly when I gave you that rating, and if it had been recently I would recall, so you must have had that rating from me for awhile now.

Another thing you can do if you want to keep better track is add a date in the reason field or link tot he specific thread. Then you could judge by the thread date.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 04-18-2011).]

normsf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2011 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfDirect Link to This Post
Hello and thankyou and a + for you, LOL.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2011 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
There is such a thing as new Rhetoric too.
There is always recourse other than name calling.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2011 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
The few times I've been called out for something I posted, it was just similar to stuff other people post all the time but it seems to be okay for them to post it, yet somehow not for me. It's starting to turn me into a hardass. Which I don't mind, because I've been a softy for too long.

As for the OP, you don't have a neg from me.
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

If I'm gonna live my beliefs, which helps self-respect, then I need to talk things out with any I've offended, but in this case, how?

This is ironic. I gave you a negative because you refused to participate in a discussion but instead insisted that you were right and grew increasingly agitated at anyone who questioned you. I continued to research the subject and eventually posted info which was in your favor but by then you appeared to have written me off and would not reply either in the threads or via PM.

This thread isn't about ratings, it's about me learning and growing, to the benefit of the community as well as my own.
I've never done well at accepting constructive criticism, but I'd rather that, especially from this mostly friendly community, than lose my participation.
The Fiero world is so much less cookie-cutter than Camaros. That's another big part of what keeps me here. And it explains why a Fiero forum is so much more needed than all the F-car forums combined.

I don't understand this statement from you either. You have a history of only sharing the information you want to share. On Thirdgen you got in a fight and removed pictures and held them ransom until your demands were met.

So now that you say that you are ready for some constructive criticism......

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/098254-2.html#p51
I don't see why you armchair engineers hafta always argue with those of us with training and experience. Better to ask questions than look the fool.

To me this is an attack and worthy of a negative. This also does nothing for the person on the receiving end of this statement. If you want this to be a community some additional info of the what has led you to your conclusions will help the reader learn from your experience and you might learn something from them as your ideas are countered.

In the same thread a couple pages farther into it you went on this rant.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/098254-5.html#p176
Fieroguru came right out and stated that he will not be selling copies of his rotated adapter plate for SBC / F40. Go read his build thread. Unless he edits it just to make me look bad. I've tried to be his friend, but it's not reciprocated.
Whining? You maybe, not me. I have access to both a Bridgeport and a CNC mill, for $50 / month, for both. Let's see who else here either has a mill, or such cheap access to one.
And while the electric pump will work with the LS4, who the heck is gonna go to the trouble of getting the LS4 with it's unique water pump manifold, then toss it out to spend hundreds more to do the front electric?
Think about things, research things, rather than relying on others to explain everything to you. Accusing me of whining is a false accusation, but I'm not as childish as you look to me, so I'm not gonna go cry to Cliff. I've tried to be your friend too, but if this continues, that'll change, too.

Why was that necessary? My interpretation of your statements is "I'll be your friend if you do things as I see fit." This is not the way to build a community unless that community is called isoldeland.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/114628.html#p9
I will PM pics, to those who are known to never bash

This would be an example of what I feel is you sharing only info that you want to share. Either you want to share info or you don't. Those who want to share info post pictures via a means that is retained (most of your pictures are missing due to using photobucket and then deleting them) and share regardless what kind of disagreements they have had with other members. Saying that you don't want to share because someone made you upset can be seen as an excuse used because you didn't want to share in the first place. Ultimately it is just another way for you to try to be controlling.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/102851.html#p29
By the way, Dumb? Not me. I have a genius level IQ.

You have done plenty of this as well. If you want someone to believe what you say then provide them good evidence to support your claims. Stating your intelligence is not a convincing argument. If you want to talk about how smart you are then join a Mensa group. In case you hadn't noticed making statements about your IQ didn't help your credibility in that thread. Instead it lead to someone feeling attacked by you and could possibly be the source of one or more of your negatives.
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post

You lost me when you compared yourself to Galileo.

Neutral from me, btw.
Isolde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post
Suko, if the best you can do is misinterpret, then attack with slander, well, you're worthy of extreme prejudice in return. Only I'm not going to continue that. I'm becoming a better soul. I find you more hindrance than help, so please, go in peace. Yours is one neg I can live with, but without feeling need to do unto you as you have done unto me.
Anyone who believes his claims without asking my side, is likewise worthy of extreme prejudice in return.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-19-2011 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Besides the duties of life, a new child, and the new found life after death, I have found that arguing with the internet trolls is a serious health hazard. It is just one less stress that this guy needs to deal with on a daily basis. I still read just about every day, but find myself holding back on my posting to things that I find in disagreement with my own thoughts and beliefs. It is not that I am throwing in the towel. I am mearly choosing to walk a different path beginning this year, and it seems to be working quite well.

Oh my opinion stills counts suckers, and when it is required for the good of the whole, then it will be cast down upon the with the force of the gods.

Peace,

Tony
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I see an awful lot of this lately, specifically speaking of Rumor's recent apology for something he "might have said"--a preemptive apology I suppose.

"Go along to get along"?
Known thru out history as appeasement. What's next? Blackmail? Paying tribute? Blatant azzsucking and kumbayah singin'?

Where does one draw the friggin line with this stuff?
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
Isolde/Atilla the Fun,

I would hate to be accused of misinterpreting... so what is your explanation of this thread?
http://www.thirdgen.org/tec...ort-sbc-heads-5.html

Specifically the information in post 243 that lead to your ban from ThirdGen.org?
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

I have yet to rate you, but the red in your bar could be related to you thinking that people are attacking you. I have rarely seen anyone just attacking on here. There are times people keep arguing in other threads, but outright attacks are kinda rare in my opinion anyway. Perhaps you should step back and re-read posts that you view as an attack, before you "attack back".

I know your username, and reacall a few posts you have made, mostly random Fiero stuff, though one recent one about not Loving your Fiero . That's blasphemy!!

Really it just looks like you have taken a hit on your political threads, but nobody can really say for sure where you got what.

Brad

You are a big poopy head Brad!!!

OP, I've never seen anything of yours that warrants a red bar as far as I'm concerned, you got a plus from me. I say keep doing what you are doing, don't bow down to anyone else's bullsh*t, and post what you feel is proper. It's worked for me thus far
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
You ask for constructive criticism and then you say I am attacking you with misrepresentation and slander.

Yours is one neg I can live with, but without feeling need to do unto you as you have done unto me.

You are doing exactly the same thing to me as you claim I am doing to you

We could learn something from each other but YOU are the one choosing not to. If you want to become a better soul then open yourself up to constructive criticism instead of shutting yourself down to anyone who opposes you.

[This message has been edited by Jefrysuko (edited 04-19-2011).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock