Started on: 04-15-2011 02:50 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: AntiKev on 04-15-2011 04:25 PM
Rallaster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/.../wr_nm/us_gambling_2

– 18 mins ago
(Reuters) – Full Tilt Poker, PokerStars and Absolute Poker are charged with fraud and illegal gambling, CNBC reported.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42612301

NEW YORK - The owners of three of the largest Internet poker companies operating in the United States were accused on Friday of tricking regulators and banks into processing billions of dollars of illegal Internet gambling proceeds.

Eleven people including the owners of Full Tilt Poker, Absolute Poker and PokerStars were charged with violating U.S. anti-Internet gambling laws, according to charges filed by federal prosecutors in Manhattan.

The charges are part of a crackdown on Internet gambling in the United States, where it has been illegal since 2006.

In March, Wynn Resorts Ltd said that it had entered into a partnership with PokerStars, and that they would work for passage of U.S. legislation that would define illegal Internet gambling.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
What about my balance on Pokerstars?

------------------
I been had money.

AntiKev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AntiKevClick Here to visit AntiKev's HomePageSend a Private Message to AntiKevDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

What about my balance on Pokerstars?

Good luck. I withdrew from Full Tilt on Monday. Thankfully.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AntiKev:

Good luck. I withdrew from Full Tilt on Monday. Thankfully.

Yeah, from what I understand, if you live in the US, your funds may or may not be available for withdraw, since doing so would also constitute money laundering or other somesuch financial illegal thing and the banks are avoiding those sites like the plague now that it's been made public.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post04-15-2011 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
When I saw the thread title I thought the reason why was that bots are taking over, not that it was illegal. Heck, I though it was legal in states that allow gambling, and unenforceable in states where it wasn't...
AntiKev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AntiKevClick Here to visit AntiKev's HomePageSend a Private Message to AntiKevDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

When I saw the thread title I thought the reason why was that bots are taking over, not that it was illegal. Heck, I though it was legal in states that allow gambling, and unenforceable in states where it wasn't...

Problem isn't the gambling in the indictment, it's the wire fraud, bribery and bank fraud charges.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock