Started on: 04-12-2011 11:40 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: 8Ball on 04-12-2011 01:05 PM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-12-2011 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Say goodbye to Flip video cameras.

It seems that hardware maker Cisco has decided to "restructure its consumer business." In plain words? We can say goodbye to those neat little Flip video cameras.

TechCrunch reports that Cisco issued a press release announcing plans to "align" its operations. In the process of this alignment, the company will be cutting 550 jobs and killing off the popular Flip line of video cameras.

The company intends to "support current FlipShare customers and partners with a transition plan," which at least means that the folks who use related software or services shouldn't panic just yet. The rest of us can rush off to the nearest store and begin stockpiling Flip video cameras.

http://technolog.msnbc.msn....o-flip-video-cameras
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Don't worry, they'll be some other gizmo that can do the same thing. Heck, the kids versions of tech is quickly becoming almost consumer-level...

Sad to hear they will be laying off people.

I don't like it when things become more "efficient", or "better" , when it negatively affects the actual product or a bunch of worker bees...

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-12-2011 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

Don't worry, they'll be some other gizmo that can do the same thing.

Yup, like every cell phone on the planet.
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
We bought a flip and HATED it!!! It took the absolute WORST video I have seen in a modern device.
My iPad 2 has a LOUSY camera and it takes better video that the flip HD did.
We wound up buying a Nikon Coolpix s3100 I think... Instead... Takes awesome video and amazing stills.

So good riddance to flip.

[This message has been edited by 8Ball (edited 04-12-2011).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock