Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  I am now free from the oppression of the socialist elite!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C
  

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version


I am now free from the oppression of the socialist elite! by 82-T/A [At Work]
Started on: 04-12-2011 09:50 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 04-12-2011 03:36 PM
82-T/A [At Work]
Member
Posts: 18244
From: Florida USA
Registered: Aug 2002


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
It started with Geico... I was paying through the nose because I didn't know any better. Month after month, I sent in a check to Warren Buffet, who then used his money lobbying states to force "No-Fault" so that people like me would be required to pay for car insurance, but that they weren't required to pay up if no police report showed clear fault. (Never a problem for me, but never the less...)

I fled to Progressive... stupidly thinking that I was no longer furthering the socialist elite mantra with my donations to Progressive. I'm the fool... because I never put two and two together... "Progressive" insurance... duh... half-funded by George Soros, and his buddy Peter Lewis (who donates millions to the ACLU, and Democrat politicians on a yearly basis).

Today, I now switched to All-State... I searched and search, and All-State is nothing but good old fashioned US capitalism... no socialist elitist there!!!


I feel vindicated, but upset that I spent the past 15 years helping to fund the socialist political machine...


EDIT: Nice!!! Look at this... I see a lot of red on that page for All-State: http://www.opensecrets.org/...C00040253&cycle=2010


------------------
Todd,
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x2
2002 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr 4x2
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 04-12-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Scottzilla79
Member
Posts: 2573
From: Chicago, IL
Registered: Oct 2009


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
You mean to say that the big evil finance industry is not dominated by evil republicans?
So are you paying more? if so how much?
IP: Logged
82-T/A [At Work]
Member
Posts: 18244
From: Florida USA
Registered: Aug 2002


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Scottzilla79:

You mean to say that the big evil finance industry is not dominated by evil republicans?
So are you paying more? if so how much?



Oh man, I just typed up a bunch of stuff and typed in the PW wrong... damnit.


Ok, what I was going to say is that what I pay is actually EXTREMELY low. The number will shock many, but I qualify for all of the factors to lower my rate. My career field is considered low-risk, I'm married, over 25, no tickets or accidents (that are my fault, or even any where I'm not already stopped or parked)... always pay on time, don't drive more than 8k a year, etc.

For my Crown Victoria and my Ford Explorer, I pay $583 every 6 months, so a total of $1166 for the whole year. South Florida is pretty much one of the highest insurance claim areas in the country second only to the area in and around LA.

That's full coverage insurance too.

IP: Logged
rogergarrison
Member
Posts: 49593
From: A Western Caribbean Island/ Columbus, Ohio
Registered: Apr 99


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 552
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonClick Here to Email rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I pay less than $800.00 @ year to State Farm on all 5 of my current cars. Caddy Limo, Astro van, Sebring, Mustang, and Coronet. I had a speeding ticket back maybe in '83 and no accidents recorded ever. (even though I have had a few idiots run into me).
IP: Logged
82-T/A [At Work]
Member
Posts: 18244
From: Florida USA
Registered: Aug 2002


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I pay less than $800.00 @ year to State Farm on all 5 of my current cars. Caddy Limo, Astro van, Sebring, Mustang, and Coronet. I had a speeding ticket back maybe in '83 and no accidents recorded ever. (even though I have had a few idiots run into me).



Yeah, a lot of people are going to see my $1166 for the year and think I'm either a horrible driver, or am stupid and overpaying.

My dad, who hasn't been in an accident since the 60s, pays almost $500 dollars more than I do, and he's retired. He lives in a zip code just 5 miles from me that's actually considered a more risky area.

You know all those "free rate quote" commercials you see, or when you go to all the online places? As soon as you put in a South Florida zip-code, it immediately switches to the "Call Us Now to get your quote!" rather than the instant quote they talk about.


Believe it or not, my $1166 for the year is a phenominal rate...

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 04-12-2011).]

IP: Logged
frontal lobe
Member
Posts: 9042
From: brookfield,wisconsin
Registered: Dec 1999


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeClick Here to Email frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
My wife was just telling me how high her mother's car insurance is due to living in Florida.


I'm free from the socialist dictatorship by not buying Citgo gas! Have to make a stand somewhere.

Oh, also, I don't get insured through Geico or Progressive, either.
IP: Logged
newf
Member
Posts: 8704
From: Canada
Registered: Sep 2006


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

It started with Geico... I was paying through the nose because I didn't know any better. Month after month, I sent in a check to Warren Buffet, who then used his money lobbying states to force "No-Fault" so that people like me would be required to pay for car insurance, but that they weren't required to pay up if no police report showed clear fault. (Never a problem for me, but never the less...)

I fled to Progressive... stupidly thinking that I was no longer furthering the socialist elite mantra with my donations to Progressive. I'm the fool... because I never put two and two together... "Progressive" insurance... duh... half-funded by George Soros, and his buddy Peter Lewis (who donates millions to the ACLU, and Democrat politicians on a yearly basis).

Today, I now switched to All-State... I searched and search, and All-State is nothing but good old fashioned US capitalism... no socialist elitist there!!!


I feel vindicated, but upset that I spent the past 15 years helping to fund the socialist political machine...


EDIT: Nice!!! Look at this... I see a lot of red on that page for All-State: http://www.opensecrets.org/...C00040253&cycle=2010



Wow! Lent is over already?
IP: Logged
82-T/A [At Work]
Member
Posts: 18244
From: Florida USA
Registered: Aug 2002


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by newf:

Wow! Lent is over already?



I know... son of a ***** , I suck... what can I say...

Damn, I failed miserably at it... hahah...
IP: Logged



All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C
  

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay



Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock