Started on: 04-05-2011 02:18 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 04-05-2011 07:30 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-05-2011 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
My bro was talking to me earlier about his cabin, and wanting some storage in it. Doesnt have to be pretty, just durable.....and we came up with the idea of making a few lockers and cabinets out of old appliances.

There is a lot of good enamaled rust-proof steel to be had ripping apart a couple old fridges or stoves or dryers....and all it takes to make something usefull out of it is a cutting wheel, 120v welder, drill, handfull of screws or pop rivits, deadblowe hammer and a couple of 2x4's to use as a makeshift bending brake...

I think this might turn out to be an interesting summer project-wise
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
That sounds cool! Some old appliances are worth boocoo $ though. Might want to check before cuttin one up.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scottzilla79:

That sounds cool! Some old appliances are worth boocoo $ though. Might want to check before cuttin one up.

Yeah, the old stuff, like period stoves and ovens are worth some big cash if they're complete. There are a lot of people restoring old homes from the 40s and 50s that want period correct appliances in their old homes.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-05-2011 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
LOL...If I scrounge up a 1940's or 50's fridge for free, I am KEEPPIN the sucker for my beer fridge !!

But nobody is gonna mind me cutting at some 1980's stuff that ya get for free off craigslist or kijiji.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Good idea, but once you cut/weld it... the enameled steel is no more
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

LOL...If I scrounge up a 1940's or 50's fridge for free, I am KEEPPIN the sucker for my beer fridge !!

But nobody is gonna mind me cutting at some 1980's stuff that ya get for free off craigslist or kijiji.

Hah, the only thing is... those fridgerators are SOOOOO not environmentally friendly. They use like 4-5 times the amount of juice as a normal modern-day fridge.
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
My dad kept junk in an old ice box in the basement. It looked like a piece of wooden furniture till you opened the doors.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-05-2011 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Good idea, but once you cut/weld it... the enameled steel is no more

Just around the cut/ weld/ bend.....and a rattle can of enamal or epoxy takes care of those pesky seams and joints.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 04-05-2011).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock