Started on: 04-01-2011 10:04 AM
Replies: 2
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 04-01-2011 10:25 AM
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Yes, I know... I'm not Canadian, and I've never lived in Canada... but the metric gauges seem soo much more "European" looking...

So I swapped out my gauges for Canadian gauges. I'm pretty pleased with the way it looks. I'm restoring my car, but mostly focusing on things that I can't change later. So... I know my steering wheel is saggy, but I don't want to change that out yet since I've got more important things to worry about. You can see the entire progress here: http://www.pontiacperforman...et/car87FieroSE.html

I'm pretty pleased though. For one, I don't mind the Celcius, and the fuel gauge is vastly better than the American one. The American one (for those who have never compared them) says in huge block letters "UNLEADED FUEL ONLY." In 1987, I don't think you could even still buy LEADED fuel. So... I certainly don't need that on there.

I don't remember if there's any difference whatsoever in the aux gauges, but I'll probably change those out too so the needle fading matches (these are better than what I already had).

The odometer is still in US / Miles, but the speedometer is in Metric / KPH. All I did was take the Canadian gauges, swap out my odometer bar from the one that was originally in my car (standard, not metric) and then swapped the odometer motor from the blue metric one, to the black standard one.

I know, it's kind of ricey, but it's not because I'm only swapping OEM parts.

------------------
Todd,
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x2
2002 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr 4x2
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-01-2011 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Yeh...and when ya look at that thing, just remember...100 is only about 55.....its kinda like sayin yer dick is 20 (cm) instead of 8.....

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 04-01-2011).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Yeh...and when ya look at that thing, just remember...100 is only about 55.....its kinda like sayin yer dick is 20 (cm) instead of 8.....

How big is your....?

"Oh... it's over 20... yeah... huge... "

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock