Do you have a bucket list? by 2.5
Started on: 03-30-2011 04:23 PM
Replies: 44
Last post by: rogergarrison on 04-01-2011 07:00 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
If so, name something on it.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Is it something that comes to mind when you hit a certain age?

If I try to think of things it is like picking a favorite song, difficult.
Scottzilla79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
I have that same problem. I hate those , "what are your favorite movies?" type questions.
Before I die I hope to discover immortality.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
Just one thing? Is your goal to have like a PFF Bucket List with only everyone's top pick, or just to see what our bucket lists are?

Mine aren't written down, but my number one is to live in Africa and build homes for people. It's an extended goal that will cover many years, not like a one time thing. But I have others that are one timers.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
I purchased the only thing left on my list then I didn't die and life is boring.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Take a leak in all 50 states.. I'm about half way there.
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
LOL tbone, did you visit four corners in pursuit of that goal?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scottzilla79:
...Before I die I hope to discover immortality.

Do you really want to live forever?
I'm guessing that you'd reach a certain age and stay there.
You'd outlive all of your friends and family, and watch everyone you know grow old and die.
Assuming you could "share", it would still be similar. You and another person would experience the same thing.
You couldn't bring everybody with you. Think it through.
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Do you really want to live forever?
I'm guessing that you'd reach a certain age and stay there.
You'd outlive all of your friends and family, and watch everyone you know grow old and die.
Assuming you could "share", it would still be similar. You and another person would experience the same thing.
You couldn't bring everybody with you. Think it through.

HA!, I don't have anyone to bring with, anyways. Where's my immortality?
Phaeton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhaetonSend a Private Message to PhaetonDirect Link to This Post
Think it through? are you kidding?

You can ALWAYS die later if life doesn't agree with your philosophy. But the other way absolutely does not work. So, yeah, I would take immortality right now and think later, after all, I have eternity to think about it.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
Also discover immortality.

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 03-30-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
Well I guess immortality means you Can't die. I have thought it through but you never know how you'll feel about something a year from now so how do I know I'd get sick of life a million years from now.
Can always make new friends, family would have children and grandchildren I could share things with. I don't think I'd pass up the opportunity.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scottzilla79:

Well I guess immortality means you Can't die. I have thought it through but you never know how you'll feel about something a year from now so how do I know I'd get sick of life a million years from now.
Can always make new friends, family would have children and grandchildren I could share things with. I don't think I'd pass up the opportunity.

To me it would mean that you live for as long as you decide to. The only drag about it is that not being 'independently wealthy' i would have to work for a long time ... and i hate work...
Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post03-30-2011 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
Bucket list? For me? All I want to do is get my own house with a 2 or 3 car garage and maybe a pool, nice and quiet and far away from neighbors. I also want a job where I get paid decent enough to live on, and maybe something that I like and is rewarding. With the job and the house, after that I'd just like to collect cars and work on them in my spare time. So I guess my bucket list is 1. My dream home, 2. my dream job, and 3. my list of dream cars. There isn't much else I want to do, besides maybe visit Ireland and the rest of the UK, go skiing again, drive up in the mountains again, etc, simple things nothing really extreme or outlandish.

------------------

Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

To me it would mean that you live for as long as you decide to. The only drag about it is that not being 'independently wealthy' i would have to work for a long time ... and i hate work...

Hah imagine collecting SS forever. I would hope I'd learn to manage my money after a few hundred years so that I wouldn't have to work the whole time.
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2011 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
hi all

While not a bucket list, this is worth mentioning....

you'll have to do some-research for it's actual place, but, there is a spot in the mountains of virginia, where, 3 states actually intersect with each other, there is a "landmark" circle, ponder, wonder, make believe, find the light.

In other news, isn't kind of an interesting fact, that everywhere you go, no matter where, they say this place is for lovers....

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen.... An anvancement, of others
voices I came across. S.F, hint, it's a car manufacturer....

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2011 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

Just one thing? Is your goal to have like a PFF Bucket List with only everyone's top pick, or just to see what our bucket lists are?

Mine aren't written down, but my number one is to live in Africa and build homes for people. It's an extended goal that will cover many years, not like a one time thing. But I have others that are one timers.

Na no real goal like that. Just a casual conversation about it.
Nice one you posted.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2011 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
I live my bucket list... I am always pushing myself to reach my goals. I fail often, but that doesn't stop me from trying again and again.

I could die tomorrow, and feel as though I've already been productive in live (although, it would suck really bad).

My only REAL regret up to this point is that I haven't served my country.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2011 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Thats another thing about bucketlists.
"Immortality"
Are the things supposed to be realistic?

I guess saying immortality, would mean you plan to do everything possible, you just need the time to do them?

Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2011 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Thats another thing about bucketlists.
"Immortality"
Are the things supposed to be realistic?

I guess saying immortality, would mean you plan to do everything possible, you just need the time to do them?

Sorry I was just trying to be clever. Didn't think it would take the thread off on a tangent.

I have a hard time picking a favorite anything, but I've never driven a really bad ass car, like a z06 or exotic or classic muscle car. Definitely need to do that.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2011 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
See my son grow up, maybe see some of his kids.

I'm not 'selfless', but I don't REALLY feel the need to do or see much more (for myself) if I do, COOL!

Every Day's a parade! If not, then well, there ya go. Not that I don't want to do things, (things are "fun") I just want MY SON to experience things. and to watch him enjoy expeerincing those things. I suppose THAT's my 'selfish' part...
Maybe this will change in the future, but I've seen pretty much all I need to see, done what I wanted to do... if I had the cash, I'd live somewere more tropical like the Cayman islands or Cozumel. But a 'bucket list'? Don'[t think I have one...

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 03-31-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2011 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
Sky dive into the Grand Canyon.
Traverse the Brazilian rain forest.
Live in rural Japan for some extended period of time.
Visit my ancestor's castle in Scotland (yeah, I have a castle in my name ).
Learn to surf.

I have to go on a date right now (woo!), so I have to stop. I'll be back with more
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post03-31-2011 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
"Do you have a bucket list? If so, name something on it."

But only with a bucket.

------------------
And they said one to another, "Behold, for here comes the dreamer. Come now, let us slay him and we shall see what then will become of his dreams." ~ Genesis 37: 19-20

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 03-31-2011).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2011 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

"Do you have a bucket list? If so, name something on it."

But only with a bucket.

This actually brings up an interesting question for me...

I've got a lot of gay friends and family members, but none of them purposely try to look or dress like the other sex. Well, I did have one friend who actually went and had a complete sex change, but he (now a she) doesn't count because afterwards she said "I've made a mistake..."

Anyway, I'm curious. When I was in Martha's Vineyard last, I saw at least 12-15 homosexual women who were dressed like lumber-jacks. You know, hiking / construction boots, flannel shirts, work pants, or jeans. Basically, they were all dressed like Al Borland. They all had short hair, as well. One of the things that you'll notice about many lesbian women who try to act the part of the male, is that they purposely pick up on male behavioral attributes, and they tend to over exaggerate them? You'll see otherwise dainty women dressed like Al Borland, and they'll lumber around as if Steven Segal, The Rock, and Arnold Schwartzneggar had a 3-some love-child together. You'll also seem them do other silly things.

So my question is... if you're a woman, and you're a lesbian who is attracted to other women, WHY would another lesbian woman be attracted to you if you're trying to dress like a man, when she's obviously attracted to feminine features? So I asked this to some of my friends / family, and none of them really had a good answer other than the fact that they say that ultimately, the ones who do that feel like they're actually men trapped in a woman's body. I've heard this many times before, and incidently, that's what my old boss / friend said before he got a sex change (and ultimately decided after the fact, and $200,000 later that it was a bad decision).

It still doesn't make sense to me... if you're a lesbian, you are attracted to women, so then it doesn't make sense to me why two Al Borland looking women would be attracted to eachother?

I dunno... thought about this while I was working on my car the other day... hahah..
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-31-2011 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Those aint lesbians..(lesbians can be found on Google by turning off safe search and going to the videos section)

Those are jest beetches that want a dick, but are so ugly no guy will give them one, so they pretend they got one of thier own.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2011 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Im done with about everything on my bucket list. Would like to live to see real aliens finally show themselves in an irrefutable way like in the movie where a 300' flying saucer lands on the White House lawn in the middle of the afternoon. Cool to see a real live Bigfoot found too.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2011 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
Hmm... My bucket list, how realistic does it have to be?

1) Live to see my daughter grow up and lead a successful and happy life. After that it's all gravy.
2) Legally drive a ground vehicle in excess of 300 MPH.
3) Skydive from no less than 100K ft.
4) Successfully learn to free dive.
5) Be in control of an aircraft in excess of 100K feet.
6) Be in control of an aircraft at no less than Mach 3.
7) Travel to the ISS for a week stay.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2011 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
1. Acquire a bucket.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2011 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

1. Acquire a bucket.

Laughter is healthy. Thank you for contributing to my health.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2011 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

1. Acquire a bucket.

Use the aforementioned bucket to bail water out of the boat I don't need that some jerk of a dolphin decided to attack for no reason. [This will happen if I buy a boat. Guran-damn-tee it.]

F'n dolphins, flippin' around and s...

[This message has been edited by skuzzbomer (edited 03-31-2011).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-31-2011 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 03-31-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
BradWirdo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2011 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BradWirdoSend a Private Message to BradWirdoDirect Link to This Post
Bucket list:

Hold world record for longest jump in a car.
Drive over 200mph.
Punch a celebrity in the face.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Do you have a bucket list?

We only have one bucket in our house. That's not enough to make a list.
yuk-yuk
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Dude, your ratings bar is getting REALLY REALLY bad... hah...

I don't know what you did between yesterday and today, but you might want to say I'm sorry!

You already have a plus from me, so I can't help you. Anyone else want to help him out so he doesn't get banned?

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-01-2011 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Dude, your ratings bar is getting REALLY REALLY bad... hah...

I don't know what you did between yesterday and today, but you might want to say I'm sorry!

You already have a plus from me, so I can't help you. Anyone else want to help him out so he doesn't get banned?

I slammed Sherrif Joe...I am sorry if it offended some people, but I cant change the way I feel about fascism and authoritarian personalities.....
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Get struck by lightning and live.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post

1. Acquire a bucket.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

I slammed Sherrif Joe...I am sorry if it offended some people, but I cant change the way I feel about fascism and authoritarian personalities.....

Hahah... is that Sherrif Joe Apagio or whatever his name is from Nevada? The one who's been arresting all the illegal immigrants? Heh...

Well... think of it this way. Is it worth it to you to lose the Fiero Forum as a resource, for the sole benefit of talking to people who disagree with you and will never change their views on it (like myself)?
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Hahah... is that Sherrif Joe Apagio or whatever his name is from Nevada? The one who's been arresting all the illegal immigrants? Heh...

Well... think of it this way. Is it worth it to you to lose the Fiero Forum as a resource, for the sole benefit of talking to people who disagree with you and will never change their views on it (like myself)?

Proxie server FTW
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-01-2011 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

LMAO...thats the whole fun in heated discussions.....I (we..friends) do the same in person.....voices might get raised, but fists never fly and at the end of the day, we still buy each other a coffee or a beer........The world would be a pretty damn boring place if everybody agreed on everything.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock