sisters car needs help by joshh44
Started on: 03-28-2011 02:50 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: kzelisko on 03-28-2011 09:37 PM
joshh44

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshh44Send a Private Message to joshh44Direct Link to This Post
So my sister just broke up with her bf of 4 years tonight. My parents picked her up and so I drove her car to my parents place. she was not fully there to drive. to many tears.
Anyways. info on her car.
she has a 1995? dodge neon 5 speed.
me feeling bad for my sister. I want to do something nice for her.
so ill be cleaning out her car making it all look spiffy inside and out!
the issue with the car is a sloppy shifter. i think it just needs to be adjusted. no problem for me.
the other thing I need help with is the electrical.
sometimes the right turn signal will stay on at all times. just a solid light staying on
and sometimes when you push the brake pedal. the left turn signal will stay on. not blinking. just solid light. alsoi noticed was the right turn signal when you use it. it will blink faster then the left turn signal. im
ill have to take a look at the fuses tommorrow and such.

Do you guys know anything about neons? or electrical issues that might cause that? its really annoying while driving!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post
I think you will find a bad / incorrect bulb or socket / seating issue.
joshh44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshh44Send a Private Message to joshh44Direct Link to This Post
thats what i thought. i checked the bulbs during the summer. but with all the rain we are getting. i wont be surpized if there is a leak somewhere leading to the bulb socket and shorting out a bulb. or not getting a good connection. thanks. ill have to check on the bulbs. clean out the sockets with electrical cleaner and put some electgrease in there.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
If it's not a bulb/socket, it'll possibly be a ground.
But I'm betting on the former.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post03-28-2011 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I'll take your bet, Raydar...and raise ya a bad earth The composite marker/indicator units over here have a tendency to do this when the ground is bad.Because the two lamps share the same ground, and the ground is bad, the one lamp in use will 'ground' through the 'power in' to the second lamp, which means both will light at once, but at reduced voltage. That won't provide enough amps to make the indicator relay work, and both lamps stay on, very dimly (is that a word?)
Nick
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Direct Link to This Post
I found your problem!:

Originally posted by joshh44:
she has a 1995? dodge neon 5 speed.

How you solve it is up to you. May i suggest a match and some gasoline?

On a more serious note, I agree with the previous two suggestions, leaning towards the bad ground. I had similar issues in a dodge and that's what the problem was.
joshh44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshh44Send a Private Message to joshh44Direct Link to This Post
ill have to take a look at all the grounds on the car and clean them up. its raining out here at the moment. ill check the neon forum. im sure there is one. i heard neons have horrible electrical issues.
i hate neons. there ugly cars.
but i do agree. a match and some fuel will fix that sucker up real quick!! ill make sure ill bring some hotdogs and marshmellows.
kzelisko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kzeliskoSend a Private Message to kzeliskoDirect Link to This Post
There are replacement poly bushings available for the shifter, just search for booger bushings. And +1 for bad grounds.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock