Started on: 03-24-2011 02:31 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: FieroRumor on 03-29-2011 12:28 PM
datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2011 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
I spent the day in Effingham, IL interviewing with Mid America Motorworks

http://www.mamotorworks.com

And I'm REALLY excited about the opportunity. They have some definite needs that were pointed out that I know I can help them with, as well as a few ideas of my own that they seem very intrigued by.

Their campus is BEAUTIFUL with the Corvette and VW museum on property, as well as their custom seat cover / carpet manufacturing facility.

While I was being given a tour of the facilities, I got to look at the '73 Stingray used in the movie "Corvette Summer", the "Death Race 2000" movie car as well as the original VW Herbie and some of the Herbie stunt cars.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2011 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Hope ya get it, and hope it's a good fit for you.

Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post03-24-2011 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

Hope ya get it, and hope it's a good fit for you.

Ditto.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2011 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
The HOT ROD Power Tour has stopped there a couple of times when I was on the tour. A real nice place and they fed us well too. Good luck with the job.
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2011 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post
I hope you get the job. It sounds like an ideal place for an IT person and a car lover. Good luck to you!
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2011 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by datacop:

I spent the day in Effingham, IL interviewing with Mid America Motorworks

http://www.mamotorworks.com

And I'm REALLY excited about the opportunity. They have some definite needs that were pointed out that I know I can help them with, as well as a few ideas of my own that they seem very intrigued by.

Their campus is BEAUTIFUL with the Corvette and VW museum on property, as well as their custom seat cover / carpet manufacturing facility.

While I was being given a tour of the facilities, I got to look at the '73 Stingray used in the movie "Corvette Summer", the "Death Race 2000" movie car as well as the original VW Herbie and some of the Herbie stunt cars.

I like V Dub bugs
had a type 1 and 2 and 3
Okease after a week or 2 please ask if they need anyone else
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2011 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post
Good luck! And its SO good to read "I got an interview" and "I got a job" threads. Reading all those "I got laid off" and "I can't find work" threads was really tough. Particularly on the writers.

Hope they say, "We want this guy, and we'll pay CRAZY money to get him."
datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
Well, I just heard back. The company decided to offer the position to another candidate.

Evidently I portrayed a certain amount of nervousness in the interview that made them uneasy. Yea, they took me on a tour of their facility and sat me down to interview for my dream position.. it's like dangling the most delicious piece of chocolate cake in front of the fat kid and expecting him to not start drooling.

Oh well.. it is what it is. I've got a few irons in the fire here locally. Something will pan out.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by datacop:

Evidently I portrayed a certain amount of nervousness in the interview that made them uneasy. .

Sorry man, when it comes to this sort of thing, just be yourself.

I've been told I'm:
-Too laid back
-Too "eager"

It can drive you mad. Seriously.
Especially when you go on multiple interviews at the same place, and are told you are too eager and too laid back.

Don't worry,

You'll find your match. Just be yourself during the interview. If you aren't a good match (as yourself), then you don't want to work there.

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 03-29-2011).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock