Started on: 03-17-2011 10:31 AM
Replies: 11
Last post by: 1988holleyformula on 03-18-2011 10:49 PM
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
Spring is coming.

What do you have? What do you like about it? What don't you like about it?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
My weapons of grass destruction:

1947 Ford 2N pulling a 72" finish mower
Scotts (orange John Deere) 46" riding mower
Lawn Boy self propelled mower
Husqvarna monster trimmer (lawnmower on a stick)

For the rough stuff I also have:

5' rotary mower (bush hog type)
1948 Gravely model L 2 wheel tractor with sickle mower and rotary mower attachments (the "Man Killer")

And my secret weapon is glyphosate and 25 gallon sprayer that attaches to the tractor

Needless to say I keep busy during mowing season. I am in the market for a used 50-60" zero turn if anybody has one available.
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Direct Link to This Post
I used to think that Simplicity was the greatest hardware going...made in Wisconsin....solid as a rock...etc. etc. And then I found out Briggs and Stratton bought them. Now...who knows?
turboguy327

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
I have a couple ferris mowers. Once they are a couple years old they arent that great. I have 6 hustler zeros and they are amazing. They cut amazing and you can cut fast.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

I've got an old push mower that I got for 20 bucks about 4 years ago to clear our property with. 5 or so horse Briggs&Stratton.

I put a Gator Blade on it, and started using it to cut the weeds, and the small trees (if the blade could touch the tree it cuts it down)

It's been in the shop once for a new pull cord. I've never changed the oil.

It doesn't use oil, is quiet, mows nice, and is simple to use.

I've had to replace the handle after it broke (free), and the underside has been hammered back into shape so much that it shouldn't hold together.

This year it may get new (ish) back wheels. We will see what shows up at the scrap yards.

Brad
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tesmith66:

My weapons of grass destruction:

1947 Ford 2N pulling a 72" finish mower
Scotts (orange John Deere) 46" riding mower
Lawn Boy self propelled mower
Husqvarna monster trimmer (lawnmower on a stick)

For the rough stuff I also have:

5' rotary mower (bush hog type)
1948 Gravely model L 2 wheel tractor with sickle mower and rotary mower attachments (the "Man Killer")

And my secret weapon is glyphosate and 25 gallon sprayer that attaches to the tractor

Needless to say I keep busy during mowing season. I am in the market for a used 50-60" zero turn if anybody has one available.

So after using the sprayer what are you mowing?
tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
Oh, I'm still mowing, but I'm trimming a lot less.
dsnover

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dsnoverSend a Private Message to dsnoverDirect Link to This Post
"Weapons of Grass Destruction" (Love that tesmith66!)

John Deere F935, with Yanmar 3 cylinder diesel, 72 inch hydraulically raised/lowered front mount deck. Mowes at about 12 MPH. Not zero turn, though. (pic isn't of mine, but mine is identical except for lights). I'd love to find the snowblower attachment for it....

Swisher 60" tow behind offset mower. When towed behind the Deere, gives nearly a 11 foot cutting path.

Husqvarna YTH2148 garden tractor, with 48" deck, good for mowing in tighter areas, and yard work.
Crapsman weed wacker.
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
Exmark Lazer Z, 60" cutting deck. Rides like a dream, top speed around 10 mph at least. Fill up the tank and extra tank, and it will last all summer, so it gets pretty decent AMPG (acres mowed per gallon) too.

Wasn't good enough for my grandpa, so we bought it from him for $4k or $5k, I can't remember which, but it was about half the price of what he bought it for two years before we bought it.

edit: Forgot about the dislikes, I don't like the roll bar, I completely forgot about it one year, and ended up ripping the internet satellite dish off our house...

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 03-18-2011).]

turboguy327

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:
edit: Forgot about the dislikes, I don't like the roll bar, I completely forgot about it one year, and ended up ripping the internet satellite dish off our house...

Those are decent machines. Why dont you take the roll bar off?? I have about 12 of them hanging on the wall. I have mowed some crazy hills and never once came close to rubber side up. I hate rollbars. They did come in handy once though. I got a flat on the front and didnt have a jack so I drove the roll bar into a tree branch and it lifts the front of the machine off the ground.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
cow.
PFF
System Bot
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
We had it taken off, but they still stick up past the seatback and I ducked lower than that to get myself under the dish so... Completely my fault.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock