Started on: 03-17-2011 08:42 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: 87antuzzi on 03-17-2011 09:18 AM
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
I just made a fuel injector tester for flow testing and cleaning. I googled for cheap ones but found nothing. So, im thinking about making a few of these and selling them. They would be 100% portable run off battery power. Nothing ghetto either. Just a clear box with a fuel pump and a timer to pulse the injectors. It would have one main hose with several different size adapters for doing reverse flows. Say you go to the junk yard to snag a set of injectors. It would be nice to see if the worked right? You could also run different solvents through it for cleaning. You would attach the hose directly to the top of the injector then tighten down a thumb screw style hose clamp. It would slip into a adjustable collar that the injector would sit in. Hit the pump switch and press the pulse button and watch and see if the injector fires. Im debating if I want the injector to fire fuel into a separate container or just run a filter on the pump. For a smaller fee a fuel pressure gauge and a pot switch could be installed to adjust fuel pressure accordingly. I dont know if I would use spade clips or a actual injector clip for powering the injectors. I need to do a wee bit more research and see if I could get it down to no more than 5 different pig tails for different style injectors. The hoses would be a quick release style hose. Thoughts?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
just one thought: a way to get a flow rate. should be a easy to add that with a timed shot & graduated resevoir @ a specific fuel pressure. or even just a set amount of cleaner & see how long it takes to pump that amount thru at a set pressure would give a flow rate.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Good idea, but depends on cost. Currently, you can send them away for this service.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Im shooting to have it less than a hundred bucks. I know you can get them done by a pro. This is just to see if the injector its self is at fault. Flow testing would be straight forward by just timing how long it takes to reach 150Ml.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock