Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  The Most Expensive or Rarest Car You Have Driven? Picture Proof Please... (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
The Most Expensive or Rarest Car You Have Driven? Picture Proof Please... by Wudman
Started on: 03-16-2011 01:50 AM
Replies: 46
Last post by: Gandalf on 03-18-2011 08:30 AM
Wudman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WudmanSend a Private Message to WudmanDirect Link to This Post
1968 Ford Shelby Cobra GT 500KR Convertible 54,000 miles 428 CJ 4 Spd The Real Deal...

Next...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I have no pics or proof of them but while working for mercedes back in highschool one of the customers that had more money than god and showed up to chat with a sales rep every saturday pretty much with a new car. He was cool with me as well and let me take a few of them on my lunch break.

Couple of them were

Ford GT.
Ferrari 575 Maranello. (he also let me take this to prom)
Lamborghini gallardo.
lotus elise.
SLR mclaren (got in trouble in this thing)
porsche GT.
There were other but the above I was very impressed with I wish i could have gotten a pic with the 575 but i had to take my car to his house to pick it up and on to my dates house. I got pics with it with my date but have long since lost the pic Its amazing what you can but with 6 billion dollars.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 03-16-2011).]

85GT3.4Track4spdCar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-16-2011 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85GT3.4Track4spdCarSend a Private Message to 85GT3.4Track4spdCarDirect Link to This Post
I've driven the:
Pontiac Design study four seater Fiero - in both trim packages! (I preferred the original notchie)
Pontiac Design study convertible Fiero w/ clamshell rear deck
Pontiac Design study roadster Fiero
Car Craft Magazine Fiero build Project car
California Kid's V8 Fiero (Before Kid bought it)
The original DGP prototype car - with the big block installed
The original IFG prototype Lamborghini conversion car
Delta-204T - a.k.a. the Michael Andretti Special, 1 of 2 Fieros built by Red Line Shift
Corson Ferrari conversion Fiero (personally, I loved this conversion best, at the time)
Enterra (1), Zimmer(2), GT40 Fiero conversion (1), Mera (1).

*At 0137 hrs I am not going to go dig through my old photos, sorry.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 05:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

I have no pics or proof of them but while working for mercedes back in highschool one of the customers that had more money than god and showed up to chat with a sales rep every saturday pretty much with a new car. He was cool with me as well and let me take a few of them on my lunch break.

Couple of them were

Ford GT.
Lamborghini gallardo.
lotus elise.
porsche GT.
There were other but the above I was very impressed with I wish i could have gotten a pic with the 575 but i had to take my car to his house to pick it up and on to my dates house. I got pics with it with my date but have long since lost the pic Its amazing what you can but with 6 billion dollars.

Pics or it didn't happen.

I'm not saying you're lying... but I don't believe you've driven all of those. I don't believe you've driven MOST of those.

Especially considering you'd have more than one prom picture with the car.

I haven't driven anything special. I've had opportunities, but always let buddies go instead because I didn't want to be responsible for someone else's car.

The opportunities:
Elise: My friend Brian owned one, and asked me if I wanted to drive, but it was before I knew manual and his was a stick.
TT 300C - First (and maybe still only) TT'd 300C out there. I just didn't think it was that cool.

That's it! The fastest car I've driven was a 2009 BMW 335xi. Those suckers can ROLL!

My friend's Elise that he now sold to his brother. He bought the Camaro, and likes it better.

My dad's BMW is about... 3 weeks (?) old or so, so I haven't gotten any pictures yet.

Edit for pic.

[This message has been edited by theBDub (edited 03-16-2011).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-16-2011 06:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Tried a Countach (just in the lot) last fall at the dealer I got my 'bird....owned an Indy Fiero for a few years (only a couple hundred made it to Canada) and owned a 1976 Lotus Elite for about a decade.

Sorry, no pics. I'm just not a picture type of person. Never could really see the point to a collection of old pictures.
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
I drove a Yellow Lamborghini Countach, that belonged to my then Girlfriends Dad. from Maryville to Chattanooga and back. WHAT A BLAST!!! Impossible to see out of though. One of the worst cars ever, for blind spots. I have driven a Ferrari 308 as well. But the rarest of them all.... My Miata in the Garage There is no other Miata in the world like it!
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
Ferrari 275 GTB

Haha... no, I actually just stood next to it and my wife took a picture, I don't know who's it was, but this is in the parking garage in Salem right across the way from the old cemetary.

I'd have to say the rarest car I've ever driven was the Chevrolet Citation Push Me / Pull Me which my buddy owns. I've been in plenty of nice cars, but I've never been the driver...

------------------
Todd,
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x2
2002 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr 4x2
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-16-2011 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8Ball:

...... There is no other Miata in the world like it!

Yeh, the rest of them actually run !!! <hehehe>

J/K

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Got to sit in the 1989 Nissan GTP ZX Turbo and shmooze with Geoff Brabham and Chip Robinson in the pits at Watkins Glenn. It was the time they were going on win number ten for the year. They set it up on the air jacks and cranked it up while I sat in it. The woody didn't subside for weeks.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'88 Ferrario

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Yeh, the rest of them actually run !!! <hehehe>

J/K

LOL!!!!
No there are PLENTY of broken ones But mine set the bar for all the rest of the Supercharged Miata's, that they are STILL trying to catch..6 years later. It also was one of, if not the first Miata with the Supercharger on the Cold side of the engine, Everyone told Richard it couldn't be done.. So he did it. And did it so well that only recently, another SC'd Miata has matched her HP. That is until I add the Methanol and Nitrous Then I am back up to around 500. Hmmmm... I am off most of today and tomorrow... I should go turn a wrench on it later.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Expensive: dolomite gray 2005 Audi TT 6-speed when i had ~2000 miles on it
Rare: red 2000 Subaru Impreza RS 5-speed 2-door

Got to sit in a 40th Anniversary Lotus Esprit, but didn't get to drive it.
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
I sadly have no photos. We lost everything in a basement flood. Baby books, childhood photos, and car pics.

1994 Lamborghini Diablo VT, fresh off the showroom floor.

Numbers matching 67 Shelby Cobra 427 after a full restore.

Those are my biggies...

Otherwise, a history of some high performance one-lookers.. (Look once, laugh, look away. Cry when it dusts you off the line.)
69 Super Beetle with a very modified engine..
64 Ford Falcon Futura, 2 dr Hard Top with a 289 6 pack.

84 Chevy Shortbed pickup, 383 stroker, Edelbrock High-rise, Rochester Q-Jet 750CFM..
A few others.
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
Think I posted this one once before...

1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4 with some super special high rev race prepped engine, think it was a NART enigne. Or so I was told. Fun drive, but it cost the owner more than a Veyron. Got to drive everything else in there too. Dino 246 GTS, Ferrari 365 GTB/4, and you can't see it but behind the Dino is a more common car, a 1991 Lamborghini Diablo. I'll have to dig up some of them pictures.

And,

Ferrari 550 Barchetta. Didn't like it much. Too wiggly, it liked to dance and shimmy aorund, untypical of a F-car, me thinks it was poorly kept and had 40k miles on it Drove it for a few days, he wanted me to buy it. For what it cost new. Erm, no.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-16-2011 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
PK.... the lead embellisher! (Sorry Rick, but if you did not get a pic at prom, then we cannot save you. )

My old 66 SS 396 L78 Chevelle.

I have drive a mirade of 'Vettes, Mustangs, a Jag or two, and a bunch of other stuff, but the Chevelle is probably the rarest car that I have ever driven.

------------------

avengador1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I drove an armored truck once and a Mack truck. Do they count count?
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
Hrm... I'm at a loss, the most expensive thing I've ever even sat in is also the rarest car I've sat in... And sorry, no pics, as it was 11 years ago and it was a complete fluke that I got to.

1997 Dodge Viper RT/10. With extreme modifications. Looking back, I'm almost convinced that it was a Hennessey Viper or some variation/knockoff. Even at idle you needed earplugs to stand next to it(side sill exhaust with side dumps in front of the rear tires), to say nothing of it running down the road at WOT, in 4th gear. Just sitting in it made me come to the realization that I didn't want one, even if I had the money, and I was 17 when I made that decision.
dsnover

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dsnoverSend a Private Message to dsnoverDirect Link to This Post
No pics, as these things tend to happen by chance. Some are rare now, but weren't then.

67 Austin Healey 3000 (not really an exotic when I got to drive it, but now I couldn't touch one)
Acura NSX when they first came out. Was a really nice car, but seemed to lack 'soul' (don't know how else to say it). Wonderful V6 for its day. Ate tires, though.
73 Lotus Europa with a Coventry Climax engine. Fun!
Got to sit in and rev the engine of a Ford GT 40 as it was being restored. Had a long-tail back end, which I recall was for a particular race (LeMans?)
Got to sit in a race-prepped AC Cobra (same place as the GT40), with the 427 side oiler. Nasty, nasty sounding engine. The guy that owned that said he preferred the 289 version, as it was easier to drive. (I'd like to find out myself!)
Drove a 73 Jensen Healey daily for a bit in the late 80's.

Most of those events happened in the early 80's, when I was too young to realize the treasure of the cars I was exposed to. The GT40 is completely untouchable now, as is the Cobra. Brutal, unforgiving cars, but unlike the Acura NSX, they do have 'soul'.

The Austin Healey belonged to my father, and was a full ground-up restoration. My dad had this habit of buying some kind of british car in the spring, keeping it a few seasons, getting tired of the Brit reliability, and selling it within a year or two.

This ended when he got a Jensen Healey, which I got to drive for a while, and did some work to the Lotus engine (headers, Ansa exhaust, weber DCOE side-drafts). After that car, he bought a Geo Metro LSi convertible (commuter car), and although it was gutless, it got good mileage, the top 'just worked', had decent A/C, was reliable, etc. He kept that for a while, and then bought his current ride, a 2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder. Never to return to unreliable older cars.

I do miss the Austin Healey. It had such a sweet sounding engine note, and always turned heads wherever we were. If he still had the car (and it was still in the same condition), it would be worth north of 80k.

Memories......
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm ...

- 1953 Jaguar XK120 roadster ... my daily driver for one magical, memorable summer
- 1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa (RHD) vintage race car
- 1937 Cord 812SC Sportsman Convertible Coupe
- several pre-WW-II Packards and Rolls Royces

Sorry, but virtually all my photos were destroyed years ago. If it matters, I drove all of the above on public roads, and all but the Ferrari for extended distances. The Ferrari may have been both the most rare (only 21 were built) and the most valuable (one sold at auction in 2009 for $12.1 million), and I was so afraid of breaking something (a fear compounded by the unfamiliar RHD) that I could never relax enough to enjoy driving it. The 3.0 liter OHC V-12 did make beautiful music, though.

Come to think of it, my '69 Porsche 911S was relatively rare. Only about 1400 were built, and only about half of them (~700) were exported from Germany. I put more than 125,000 miles on mine.

More in this thread.

Edit: I did find one picture of the XK120:

The photo was taken in the shop while several of us were still helping our friend Jerry restore it ... thus the thick layer of dust. Man ... that shop was so poorly lighted that you could have used it as a darkroom. A lot of dropped fasteners simply disappeared into the darkness, never to be seen again. In the picture my friend Mike is trying to figure out how to get the brass nuts onto the bottom-center exhaust manifold studs using normal-sized human hands, and that's Jerry sitting in the driver's seat, no doubt fantasizing engine sounds. Note the REAL wire wheels, with REAL knock-off hubs, the caps of which, in usual British fashion, were marked "Undo" on one side. (This occasionally led to some hilarious gas station encounters: "Say ... What year Undo is that, anyway?")

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 03-17-2011).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
I'll have to post the pics later, but it would probably be my old '72 Trans Am - 1 of 1286 made.

Edit for pics:

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 03-16-2011).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Formula88

53788 posts
Member since Jan 2001

So this guy with more money than god and cars that cost well into six figures just tosses a high school teenager the keys to take the car for a spin?
No cellphone pics? He comes by with a new car every Saturday and you have a good idea you can drive the car and you didn't ever once take pictures?

pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleDirect Link to This Post
Heh, people are weird sometimes.

My buddy's girlfriend's father let my buddy borrow his brand new Dodge Superbee once in a while. My buddy is 21...
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
I'd have to say the rarest car I've ever driven was the Chevrolet Citation Push Me / Pull Me which my buddy owns.

Wasn't there only one of those ever made by GM?

Wouldn't that make it the rarest listed so far?

I would love to have that car btw

Brad

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Wasn't there only one of those ever made by GM?

Wouldn't that make it the rarest listed so far?

I would love to have that car btw

Brad

OH **** ! You're right! I win!!!

WOO HOO!!!!

------------------
Todd,
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x2
2002 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr 4x2
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post

EV-1
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fosgatecavy98:

EV-1

No **** ! do you have more pictures of that car? I really thought they were all gone.

Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post

No **** ! do you have more pictures of that car? I really thought they were all gone.

Yeah a few more I will have to dig for them tho,

Michigan State University gave this to my old community college. GM did this with I *THINK* about 10 of them to colleges and such. However at one point, they tool the controllers to them, so this is nearly complete (minus that very important controller).

I didn't really get to "drive" it but I did get to help put it back into its stall in the storage area while everyone else pushed .

You sit nearly like you do in a fiero, with a large hump in the middle, it also has the MPH pod like Saturn Ions have, and a crap load of buttons in the center console (about where the shifter is on a fiero). It was absolutely awesome.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Yeah a few more I will have to dig for them tho,

Michigan State University gave this to my old community college. GM did this with I *THINK* about 10 of them to colleges and such. However at one point, they tool the controllers to them, so this is nearly complete (minus that very important controller).

I didn't really get to "drive" it but I did get to help put it back into its stall in the storage area while everyone else pushed .

You sit nearly like you do in a fiero, with a large hump in the middle, it also has the MPH pod like Saturn Ions have, and a crap load of buttons in the center console (about where the shifter is on a fiero). It was absolutely awesome.

I would DEFINITELY love to see some more pictures... especially of the interior, etc... what is that thing on the B-pillar. Is that a keypad like the Fords have, or is that some sort of logo or something?

Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post

I would DEFINITELY love to see some more pictures... especially of the interior, etc... what is that thing on the B-pillar. Is that a keypad like the Fords have, or is that some sort of logo or something?

That was a keypad like Fords have. I will find the pics I have of it, I think got some of everything but the trunk.
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
How about a 1927 Bugatti?

Nah, never drove that one but did drive a 59 Corvette. Worth more now than then though:

TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post

Couple of them were

Ford GT.
Lamborghini gallardo.
lotus elise.
porsche GT.

I know, right! I drive my uncle's Veyron SS all the time when he is out of the country but he won't let me take any pictures of it. He also lets me drive his steam car and his tank powered hot rod. Pretty cool!
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

Pics or it didn't happen.

I'm not saying you're lying... but I don't believe you've driven all of those. I don't believe you've driven MOST of those.

Especially considering you'd have more than one prom picture with the car.

I haven't driven anything special. I've had opportunities, but always let buddies go instead because I didn't want to be responsible for someone else's car.

The opportunities:
Elise: My friend Brian owned one, and asked me if I wanted to drive, but it was before I knew manual and his was a stick.
TT 300C - First (and maybe still only) TT'd 300C out there. I just didn't think it was that cool.

That's it! The fastest car I've driven was a 2009 BMW 335xi. Those suckers can ROLL!

My friend's Elise that he now sold to his brother. He bought the Camaro, and likes it better.

My dad's BMW is about... 3 weeks (?) old or so, so I haven't gotten any pictures yet.

Edit for pic.

As i said no pics of the car at prom. My date/ex girlfriend has some but me and her are far from on speaking terms now. (more like screaming and yelling) The guy was a good friend of mine and all of them except for the 575 were taken out for my lunch break and back to work.

My buddy pretty much called me and asked me what i was taking to prom (a good hour and a half before It started I was on my way to stop off at work before it started to get my paycheck. ) told him my old firebird and he told me to go to his house he has his 575 outside in the driveway with the key under the floor mat. Lol you should have seen the look on my Girlfriends face when I pulled up to pick her up in that. Her and her parents have a few pics but as i said that girl hates me now .

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 03-16-2011).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Pulse # 199 of ~ 350 built. (owned it for about a year)

------------------

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post03-16-2011 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post

About the best I can muster, re photo evidence...and I am proud of it as can be!!
Nick
PS...it is VERY rare in Spain

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 03-16-2011).]

craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post
Falcon Fiero- Thats a freakin cool car/passenger motorcycle. How fast did it go?

The rarest car I have ever driven is a 1992 Dodge Viper that came into Wal-Mart for an oil change when I worked there. This was my reaction...... But I was the only one that knew how to drive a standard so I had to drive it in and out of the bays. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures as I was at work, working. LOL! I have also driven a Cadillac Allante that was for sale, those are pretty rare and again I don't have any pictures of me driving it. There is a Cadillac Allante in a junkyard here, I sat in it as the interior is in excellent condition and wondered who would scrap this car.
fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post
While it no Ferrari or Lambo, my uncle's 1980 Trans Am. 301 V8, no turbo, shaker hood, red and silver decals instead of the normal gold ones, factory cruise control. Very odd options in my opinion. I have been casually looking for one like it for years now and haven't found one. Drove it at my wedding. Not really sure how much it would be worth, but I guess I would call it somewhat rare.

Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

Pulse # 199 of ~ 350 built. (owned it for about a year

Did you have to wear a fighter jet helmet?

How much do those cost?
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post

Did you have to wear a fighter jet helmet?

How much do those cost?

Cost can vary from next to nothing for a total basket-case, to pretty darned high.

Mine was one of the few that had an engine conversion to a ZX7R. Supposedly it could go 125+mph, but I never tried.
Stock motor Pulses could get over 100mpg.
They were designed by Jim Bede, creator of the BD-5 personal jet aircraft (as seen in one of the James Bond movies...)
Also, one of the designers of the Fiero was involved during the prototype stages of the Pulse.

There were also TWO (red and white) featured in Back to the Future 2.

Registered as a motorcycle, but a helmet was not required since it has a canopy, seatbelts and rollbar.

http://www.autocycles.org/

[This message has been edited by Falcon Fiero (edited 03-16-2011).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

EV-1

Hey! We have one of those at campus! I saw it every day last year! I wonder if it's still there (I never pass the Electrical Engineering building anymore).

My roommate last year "talked" about doing some programming on the car? But I don't think the university will let his team do that. I'm not exactly sure WHY it's there.

I'll snag some pics on Friday because I'll be in the building next door and can swing by.

I didn't know those were that rare.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

theBDub

9688 posts
Member since May 2010

As i said no pics of the car at prom. My date/ex girlfriend has some but me and her are far from on speaking terms now. (more like screaming and yelling) The guy was a good friend of mine and all of them except for the 575 were taken out for my lunch break and back to work.

My buddy pretty much called me and asked me what i was taking to prom (a good hour and a half before It started I was on my way to stop off at work before it started to get my paycheck. ) told him my old firebird and he told me to go to his house he has his 575 outside in the driveway with the key under the floor mat. Lol you should have seen the look on my Girlfriends face when I pulled up to pick her up in that. Her and her parents have a few pics but as i said that girl hates me now .

Eh.

"I'm not calling you a liar, just don't lie to me."

Still don't believe it. But that doesn't mean you have to prove it.... I just don't believe it.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock