Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  The Most Expensive or Rarest Car You Have Driven? Picture Proof Please... (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
The Most Expensive or Rarest Car You Have Driven? Picture Proof Please... by Wudman
Started on: 03-16-2011 01:50 AM
Replies: 46
Last post by: Gandalf on 03-18-2011 08:30 AM
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
My 70 Boss 302....

My 69 Shelby GT 350

My 67 Shelby GT 350, when I first bought it....

As it looks today...

The most expensive VEHICLE I've ever "driven"?

IP: Logged
newf

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

Hey! We have one of those at campus! I saw it every day last year! I wonder if it's still there (I never pass the Electrical Engineering building anymore).

My roommate last year "talked" about doing some programming on the car? But I don't think the university will let his team do that. I'm not exactly sure WHY it's there.

I'll snag some pics on Friday because I'll be in the building next door and can swing by.

I didn't know those were that rare.

Ask about the powertrain and internals as supposedly any that were donated to Universities or Museums do not have the original ones.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

Ask about the powertrain and internals as supposedly any that were donated to Universities or Museums do not have the original ones.

What do I ask exactly? I don't know who to talk to, but I'll find someone around the building sometime before my break.

Going to bed now... but I'll check back on the morrow.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:

The most expensive VEHICLE I've ever "driven"?

(Sorry .. I can't help myself.) The acceleration is probably not that great, but it must corner like it's on rails!

Is 1702 a Baldwin?

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 03-16-2011).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-16-2011 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Marvin. I needed that chuckle.

Tony
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

(Sorry .. I can't help myself.) The acceleration is probably not that great, but it must corner like it's on rails!

Why yes...yes, it does! Or at least, it used to. It's now sitting in pieces in North Carolina

Is 1702 a Baldwin?

Yes, it is. Built in 1942 for the US Army. Later, it was purchased by the Reader Railroad in Arkansas. It was used in the movie "This Property is Condemned". Our local tourist railroad, FEVR, purchased it from the Reader. We had it several years, then it was sold to the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad in North Carolina. They modified it from it's original appearance. They tore it down for boiler maintenance and the removal of a failed roller bearing installation, and then the bottom dropped out of the tourist railroad business. They are still in business, last I heard, but 1702 has been put on the back burner, and probably will never run again.
Gandalf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GandalfSend a Private Message to GandalfDirect Link to This Post

I've had 2 of these - when I had the first one about 10 years ago, there were only 255 left on the road in the UK, at the time of the second one, who knows?

Its an Alfa Romeo 33 Permanent 4, 4 wheel drive and a 4 cylinder boxer engine. The same layout and design as in an Impreza, but it sounded a hell of a lot better. Do a youtube search for 16v Alfa Romeo 33 or 16v Alfa Romeo Boxer. Real italian metallic raspy sound, and a 7300rpm redline. Weighed in at under a ton and a hell of a lot of fun!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock