Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  The eBay PC Police Deleted one of My Listings!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

The eBay PC Police Deleted one of My Listings! by Blacktree
Started on: 03-15-2011 12:33 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: Fosgatecavy98 on 03-15-2011 04:05 PM
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
I recently listed a red-dot scope on eBay. But the PC police at eBay decided to remove it. Why? Because it had a picture of an "assault weapon" in the item description. Here's a snippet from the email that they sent to me regarding the issue:

Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because the following information violates our policy:

We have removed your item because your item is described as being compatible with an assault weapon, which indicates that the item is an assault weapon accessory. Due to U.S. Federal and California state laws, We do not permit the sale of any assault weapon-related parts or accessories. If you would like to relist this item, you may do so without mentioning or referencing any assault weapon within the listing. In addition to this, please do not include images of real guns in your listings. We do not allow images of real weapons on our site.

Because of various laws and regulations on the sale of assault weapons and parts and accessories for assault weapons, we don't allow selling these items on eBay.

But you can list accessories that would fit a variety of different weapons, such as scopes, sites, and shoulder straps. If you do sell these items, you can't mention assault weapons in your listing.

Keep in mind that any listing for an item that's described as a part or an accessory for an assault weapon will be removed. Even if an item doesn't attach to an assault weapon, you still can't list it on eBay.

Apparently, what got their panties in a wad was my mention of the fact that I setup the scope to fit on an AR-15 rifle. And I posted a photo to demonstrate. Apparently, they think the AR-15 is an assault weapon, even though it's a civilian semi-auto rifle.

As Bugs Bunny says, "What a Maroon!"
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post03-15-2011 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Their house, their rules, I suppose... Have you tried listing it as they suggested in the email?

------------------
Bring back civility and decorum!

It's possible to understand someone's point of view without accepting it. It's possible to disagree with someone without being rude and nasty about it. Sure it's hard, but nothing worth doing is ever easy, is it?

Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
The AR-15 is a legal weapon even here in Kalifornia (although with Kalifornia modifications). Does eBay know that it is a legal weapon? I'll bet they wouldn't care even if it was.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

The AR-15 is a legal weapon even here in Kalifornia (although with Kalifornia modifications). Does eBay know that it is a legal weapon? I'll bet they wouldn't care even if it was.

Apparently they say they don't allow pictures of guns at all?

------------------
Todd,
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x2
2002 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr 4x2
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

86GT3.4DOHC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Problem Solved

Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
lol guns don't kill people, squirrels kill people.
Bullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BulletSend a Private Message to BulletDirect Link to This Post

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86GT3.4DOHC:

Problem Solved

HAHAHA!

Luckily, they were nice enough to wait until I sold the item before deleting my listing... you know, so they could get their final value fee outta me.

I just think the "assault weapon" paranoia is funny.

And yes, I will sell my gun parts elsewhere in the future.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 03-15-2011).]

Johbby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohbbySend a Private Message to JohbbyDirect Link to This Post
For future reference, www.gunbroker.com is a website similar to eBay that is dedicated to selling all kinds of firearms and firearm accessories.
Fosgatecavy98

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86GT3.4DOHC:

Problem Solved

If you were to sell that sight again, please please please post that as the picture for the ad.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock