Started on: 03-15-2011 11:14 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: IMSA GT on 03-16-2011 06:31 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
When I picked up this laptop, the admin was username BG67 ...I got it changed to what I wanted on the start menu and splash screens, but when I CTRL/ALT/DEL and go into processes, it still shows as bg67 ....not a BIG deal, but it does get annoying sometimes.

Anybody know how to change it ?

I am guessing a regedit ...but am lost from there.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
Run CCleaner and see if that fixes it.

Otherwise, I would just create a new admin account and delete the old one. I don't like to rename accounts because of issues like the one you ran into.
texasfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroClick Here to Email texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

When I picked up this laptop, the admin was username BG67 ...I got it changed to what I wanted on the start menu and splash screens, but when I CTRL/ALT/DEL and go into processes, it still shows as bg67 ....not a BIG deal, but it does get annoying sometimes.

Anybody know how to change it ?

I am guessing a regedit ...but am lost from there.

Is this what you need?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310441
IMSA GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 241
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTClick Here to Email IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
If it is XP Home Edition, you cannot change the user account name, only the name that is displayed at the Welcome screen.

For any other version:
1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
2. Click Local Users and Groups to expand it.
3. Click Users.
4. Right-click the account that you want to change, and then click Rename.
5. At a command prompt, run the set command; the %HomePath% variable still points to the old user name.

This does not change the name of the folder that appears under the Documents and Settings folder for the user.
The other thing you can try is if the display name for a user account has been changed, you can find out which account the new display name belongs to by logging on as that user, starting Task Manager, and then clicking the Users tab. The user account that is marked as active is the one that is currently logged on.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 03-16-2011).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock