Thoreauvian Event by longjonsilver
Started on: 03-14-2011 05:57 AM
Replies: 19
Last post by: FieroRumor on 03-14-2011 05:40 PM
longjonsilver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverDirect Link to This Post
Thoreauvian Event

http://www.zerohedge.com/artic.....dience-unt

Hacker Group Anonymous Brings Peaceful Revolution To America: Will Engage In Civil Disobedience Until Bernanke Steps Down

The world's most (in)famous hacker group - Anonymous - known for effectively shutting down their hacking nemesis security firm (with clients such as Morgan Stanley and, unfortunately for them, Bank of America)- HBGary, advocating the cause of Wikileaks, and the threat made by one of its members that evidence of fraud by Bank of America will be released on Monday, has just launched communication #1 in its Operation "Empire State Rebellion." The goal - engage in "a relentless campaign of non-violent, peaceful, civil disobedience" until Ben Bernanke steps down and the "Primary Dealers within the Federal Reserve banking system be broken up and held accountable for rigging markets and destroying the global economy effective immediately."

The Anonymous manifesto:

We are a decentralized non-violent resistance movement, which seeks to restore the rule of law and fight back against the organized criminal class.
One-tenth of one percent of the population has consolidated wealth in unprecedented fashion and launched an all-out economic war against 99.9% of the population.
We are not affiliated with either wing of the two-party oligarchy. We seek an end to the corrupted two-party system by ending the campaign finance and lobbying racket.
Above all, we aim to break up the global banking cartel centered at the Federal Reserve, International Monetary Fund, Bank of International Settlement and World Bank.
We demand that the primary dealers within the Federal Reserve banking system be broken up and held accountable for rigging markets and destroying the global economy, effective immediately.
As a first sign of good faith we demand Ben Bernanke step down as Federal Reserve chairman.
Until our demands are met and a rule of law is restored, we will engage in a relentless campaign of non-violent, peaceful, civil disobedience.
In our next communication we will announce Operation Empire State Rebellion.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 06:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Never forgive. Never forget.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Here's to chaos.
*raises a glass*

ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Sometimes I think recent events are following a movie timeline.

Good guys, bad guys, underdogs, world domination....
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
Wait who are the good guys?
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

I betcha the same would be said back in the Roman days, although there was no such thing as movies, and the average person's "info sphere" was as far as he/she could yell news to someone else (maybe do some "mountain-to mountain" signaling)

But yeah, Things DO seem to be "lining up"...sorta.

Remember, the media helps make some of it all more exciting by directing focus... Although it's harder to control a majority of the news, it's pretty easy to get a lot of people's attention redirected towards something else (especially if what is currently being focused on is mindblowingly too much to comprehend...)

But there will no doubt be more and more things that make us put our hand on top of our head and say "OMG"
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scottzilla79:

Wait who are the good guys?

At this point... I don't know anymore.

But I'm leaning away from the traditional.

[This message has been edited by skuzzbomer (edited 03-14-2011).]

Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

Here's to organized chaos.
*raises a glass*

Fixed it for ya Rumor
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xerces_Blackthorne:

Fixed it for ya, you sexy tomato

um..er..Thanks buddy...

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 03-14-2011).]

Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

um..er..Thanks buddy...

Rumor, I didn't know you thought of me in that way

I'm flattered, but really, I think I must pass on your offer of vegetable...err, pleasure?
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

It was in a Tom Clancy novel.
PFF
System Bot
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post
We'll be fighting in the streets
With our children at our feet
And the morals that they worship will be gone
And the men who spurred us on
Sit in judgment of all wrong
They decide and the shotgun sings the song

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
And I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again

Change it had to come
We knew it all along
We were liberated from the fall that's all
But the world looks just the same
And history ain't changed
'Cause the banners, they all flown in the last war

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
And I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
(bump) because far too many "interesting" threads get killed by a post containing song lyrics.
HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHDirect Link to This Post
mehh.. i hope the same homosexualry doesn't prevail like with the Co$ crap. that was annoying.
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
Beware any group that claims to be able to solve all the worlds problems. Sounds like at best they are a bunch of arrogant assholes.
What's different between a talented actor/musician and a talented hacker? What gives them the right?
HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHDirect Link to This Post

Beware any group that claims to be able to solve all the worlds problems. Sounds like at best they are a bunch of arrogant assholes.

you have no idea...
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Sounds like at best they are a bunch of arrogant assholes.

They sure do! SO different from Politicians. (We ELECTED that group of arrogant assh*les.)

We have only ourselves to blame...up to a point...
What I LOVE about all this "transparency" stuff (Not the supposed Transparency the POLS promised, but rather the one forced by external forceds pulling down walls and revealing secrets) is that it sometimes brings forth a new level of Accountability.

Problem is, with any group like this, some members will have signifant power to damage, and have alterior motives... Like an immature script kiddie ticked off at [insert 'shake-fist' teen-angst reason]

But as I said before, if the gov sucks money from us to party and spend on assinine projects, I won't shed a tear if people eff with them.

Virtual head-shots, baby! Take 'em ALL down. "Alt-F4!" I'm all for the Non-violent organized chaos!!!

Not saying there aren't pols and companies which are 'good', but it's time to take out (at least SOME of ) the garbage.

How many times have we heard the story of a pol who was known for being against 'foo", and then you find out he was a rampant closet "fooer"?

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 03-14-2011).]

Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post
Nobody voted for this "Anonymous". You can't vote them out, and they may not be doing what you really want, or expect, them to.

Yes, we voted those crooks into office. And we can vote them out. (Theoretically) We certainly change Presidents on a regular basis. We at least have a choice of which bunch of crooks we want robbing us.

Notice that the world leaders who are in / cause the most trouble are the ones who've been holding power for 20 years or more? Term limits are one of the greates ideas ever. We need to apply them at all levels of government.

(I'll keep the "lyrics = thread killer" in mind. Thank you.)
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
Ya but why should a bunch of computer nerds decide who should be "taken out". What kind of precision will they have? Will there be collateral damage?
It just comes down to one more group of people who think the rules don't apply to them.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Wasn't this group the one that went against the Scientologists?

Don't think they managed to do much, right?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock