Started on: 03-13-2011 10:28 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Scottzilla79 on 03-13-2011 07:42 PM
pavo_roddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI al

When downloading XP pk 3, will a CD-R be a good source... Or is there better discs out there?

Haha, told it was simple... Honestly, i'd look it up, jus toooo many other things to be done first... So I came here, askin thy brethern, knowalegebale ones infact!... To recieve an answer later when it's more convinent for my day...

Thanx guys, for being THEE best group out there!!!

Air-ick....

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
Just make sure you have the right format for your burner.
Most newer burners its not a problem but older ones could be either cd-r or cd+r. you would need the appropriate blank cd being cd-r or cd+r.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
Get SP3, download here...

Must better to use a CD for SP instead MS update... especially dial up or DSL

You can make a CD three ways, easy to hard:

Copy SP to CD

"Expand" SP to HD then copy to CD.
Expand speed up install. Good for IT people...

XP + SP "rollup"
This method doesn't work with many OE XP CD

Easy method for most...
Use XP with SP1 or SP2 rollup and use first option above.

You need an XP with at least SP1 rollup... SP1 fix HD size limit over 128mb. Most XP CD has SP1-2 build in....
Without SP1, Max partition size for C: 128MB. It doesn't "break" HD. After install SP can get to rest in disk manager...

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 03-13-2011).]

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scottzilla79:

... older ones could be either cd-r or cd+r. you would need the appropriate blank cd being cd-r or cd+r.

The +/- distinction only applies to DVDs, not CDs. There is only one CD-ROM standard.
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all

I am completely sorry Cliff for the creation of this thread!... I should have trusted my instinct alot more... Before I do setup my monitor and my PC, there are 2 cables there... One is thicker than the other... Which of these should be used where...? Since my monitor is brandy-new, I am more cautious of protecting it, than my 2001 tower, .........

If anyone knows, please feel free to answer or show me a link that would also let me in, too...?

Either way, this question might actually save this unitional thread... hehe...

Thanx for ALL of your help through the years!

Ear-ick...

edit to add: HP monitor, 23 inch widesreen, model # S2331a.... The 1 # could also be an L, but too sure that it isn't... I am away from my PC...

[This message has been edited by pavo_roddy (edited 03-13-2011).]

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

The +/- distinction only applies to DVDs, not CDs. There is only one CD-ROM standard.

Sort of, a RW does take a different laser.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

HI all

I am completely sorry Cliff for the creation of this thread!... I should have trusted my instinct alot more... Before I do setup my monitor and my PC, there are 2 cables there... One is thicker than the other... Which of these should be used where...? Since my monitor is brandy-new, I am more cautious of protecting it, than my 2001 tower, .........

Thicker?
What ends to plug into?

1 for VGA and 1 for DVI

DVI better than VGA if your tower supports DVI...

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

oops, been so long since I used any kind of optical media LOL

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock