Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Cadillac CImarron Subwoofer Build (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Cadillac CImarron Subwoofer Build by 1988holleyformula
Started on: 03-11-2011 01:17 AM
Replies: 42
Last post by: 1988holleyformula on 03-21-2011 06:47 PM
faaaaq

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2011 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

Infinity if you aren't amping them.
No Sony for me EVER! Bit of a snob I guess.

ha, not wanting Sony makes you smart, not snobby

and why Infinity if you arent amping? my buddy is running 4 infinity (kappas i think) getting 100 watts a piece. Not as loud as id hopes, but sound quality is AMAZING (yes, i know, they arent the best, but for the price, AMAZING). all the time we can hear things in songs we never would have before, and sometimes a back speaker will play someone saying something in the background of the song, and everyone in the car will quick look backwards thinking there is a person there lol. not bad for $70 a pair. my dad got the same speakers but his sound like a$$ in his explorer, and he even uses the same amp...weird, huh?
IP: Logged
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2011 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
Did some trunk deadening today before leaving for Duluth.

I still have to trim the excess out with a knife.

Also decided to change out the spark plugs and wires since they were still the originals from '86.
I don't think any of those would meet gap specifications anymore!

Also while changing those, we thought we found the simple solution to fixing the cruise control; connecting the arm that controls the throttle from the cruise control unit. As seen as the shiny piece in this shot:

But it must be something more, because it still didn't work on the 3 hr trip up to Duluth. I'll have to look closer into it if it is warm enough outside to do work, since I don't have a heated garage any more to work in. But the new plugs/wires made a huge difference in the way it drives, starts right up, no chugging at all.

And for Doni, the extra weight today, including the subs, all my bags to bring up to college, 2 cases of Vitamin Water, my roommate's crazy amount of assorted food stuffs, her suitcase, and a bunch of other bags that I couldn't believe she had to use during the 1 week of spring break, the poor Caddy was weighed down! But I want to say that it probably helped with the wind and tracking straighter on I35 N. And mileage was better than the Burban, I averaged 21.3 from Rochester to Cannon Falls, and 19.5 from Cannon Falls to Duluth. I'm pretty sure that short third gear in the auto 3-speed would get better mileage around town that at 3500 rpms at 75 on the interstate.

Man, I can just ramble about this car, it's almost as bad as the Fiero, which is sitting sad, tucked away, back in the shed at home
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2011 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
Just a quick little (bump) video of the head unit mostly, and a short bit of the subs excursion.

That buzzing from out of nowhere is my phone getting a text...

edit: You can see that I took the amp off the top of the box, laid it on the trunk floor behind the subs. Still a decent amount of space I guess.
------------------
-Aaron

Originally posted by uhlanstan:

(Im so PC)

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 03-21-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors