Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Check out this cool old sign I found digging around my parents garage.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Check out this cool old sign I found digging around my parents garage. by DeLorean00
Started on: 03-10-2011 08:49 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: maryjane on 03-10-2011 11:12 PM
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
I can't remember where I got this. But I thought it was a cool sign back when I was a kid. I completely forgot about it until I unearthed it today. I wounder where this was posted?

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
That's super cool! I wonder if you could sell it and how much it would go for. I'd be interested.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

That's super cool! I wonder if you could sell it and how much it would go for. I'd be interested.

Thanks!!

It doesn't appear to have much value. I think I will hang onto it for the cool factor. But if I decide to sell I will let you know.

But here is one like it on eBay starting bid of $9.99

http://cgi.ebay.com/antique...&hash=item3365d014f8

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 03-10-2011).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-10-2011 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!

I know exactly where you stole that thing....the place was right across the street from my old office when I lived in Cali........

Its called the Lawrence Livermore Lab !!!

(I'll be damned if I can figure out how ya got past the guys with the M-16's...on the way IN--AND OUT !!! )

LMAO
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
It would be very cool if it glowed in the dark.

Brad
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Chris, if you want more of those let me know. They come on cases in which xray tubes are sent in. Granted the peice of burilum inside is not radioactive but used they are considered "radio active". My grandpa who is currently a xray engineer has a pile of those things. I thought those and the radio active bags were awesome and collected them on different sites. You can also get the stickers from any hospital. They keep them handy for sending lab results that you get the tracing dye. Next er visit ask for some, they will normally hand out a roll.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!

I know exactly where you stole that thing....the place was right across the street from my old office when I lived in Cali........

Its called the Lawrence Livermore Lab !!!

(I'll be damned if I can figure out how ya got past the guys with the M-16's...on the way IN--AND OUT !!! )

LMAO

LoL, I wouldn't be surprised if I did steal it from somewhere. I just don't have any memory of where. I know its wasn't that lab. I did take some classes on an abandoned military base, so it probably came from there, we used to go explore the empty buildings. Today its called breaking and entering, when your a kid its called an adventure.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

DeLorean00

4251 posts
Member since Aug 2005

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Chris, if you want more of those let me know. They come on cases in which xray tubes are sent in. Granted the peice of burilum inside is not radioactive but used they are considered "radio active". My grandpa who is currently a xray engineer has a pile of those things. I thought those and the radio active bags were awesome and collected them on different sites. You can also get the stickers from any hospital. They keep them handy for sending lab results that you get the tracing dye. Next er visit ask for some, they will normally hand out a roll.

Thanks Kris!! Thats cool. I don't need another one, but talk to theBDub he wants one.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
It's cool, but have you checked it with a Geiger counter to see if it's hot?
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

It's cool, but have you checked it with a Geiger counter to see if it's hot?

Nope! Do you have one I can borrow?
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Direct Link to This Post
they have those signs at hospitals.....they have to dispose of some radioactive test materials.
PFF
System Bot
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
I need one of those for my bathroom door.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

I need one of those for my bathroom door.

LoL I actually thought about hanging it there.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Please tune your AM dial to CONELRAD at this time...................................................................................

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-10-2011).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock