Started on: 03-09-2011 10:18 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: 8Ball on 03-11-2011 12:10 AM
8Ball

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
But it is the right thing to do. I do not have the time to work on it, I do not have the time to enjoy it.. She is just too dang fast to sit there in that garage and rot...

http://knoxville.craigslist.../cto/2257093789.html
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Wow, beautiful!!! Keep it! I have a feeling that you'll regret getting rid of her.

That video: o__O

Whats the redline on that thing? Holy crap!!! I kept saying change gear, change gear but it kept increasing lol.. Awesome!!

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 03-09-2011).]

8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
I will completely regret it.
But it has been stationary and mostly untouched in my garage for almost a year. And I have no illusions of getting to it anytime soon.

That and I could use the money to pay off the other car. Which would eventually lead to me having the free income to save up to get something else.
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
The ad says its taken apart. Whats wrong with it? You said coil packs but what was it doing to make you think that?
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
It began running very rough after hitting a puddle. I did a compression test, all was nearly perfect, I checked for fuel and had fuel, I had a "mechanic" come over, who did nothing but get the timing out on it... Non-interference engine, so no big deal.. But he was a moron... Anyway.. Long story short, a neighbor came over had a spark gap tester. He said it seems as if three of the coil packs are weak. Not surprising.. I got a GREAT deal on the used coil packs. The car used to had an MSD ignition setup, I still have it... It ate coils for breakfast. I did a bunch of research and found many Miata owners preferred to use Toyota COPs on Boosted Miatas, because of their extremely strong spark. So I replaced the MSD setup with the Toyota COPs and reprogrammed the Haltech ECU to properly operate the COPs.

However, I am not able to pay someone to fix it for me, and do not have the time.. will not have the time.. for some while. Plus I would like to move to a smaller place, but will likely not have a garage.

The car is mostly put together.. The interior carpet is out, with the fuel tank cover currently off.. The hood is off. The Supercharger belt is off. The ECU is out and the seats are out. Will take me 3 hours to put it back together.
Shananigans

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShananigansSend a Private Message to ShananigansDirect Link to This Post
If it was mine, I would come up with stew and get it running, then the sale will happen alot easier. I personally would not shell out the dough for a car with a questionable engine, but that's just me. Looks like a nice car. Good luck with your sale.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shananigans:

If it was mine, I would come up with stew and get it running, then the sale will happen alot easier. I personally would not shell out the dough for a car with a questionable engine, but that's just me. Looks like a nice car. Good luck with your sale.

I agree!! Put it back together. Get it running, and try to get it running correctly. In its current shape it will be really hard to sell. It will be easier to sell put all back together, and easiest yet running perfect. Its probably worth the investment to have someone that knows what they are doing look over the car.

Spring is almost here and people are getting their tax refunds, now is the time to sell it! Convertibles are hot in spring!
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
If I fix it...I'll NEVER sell it! It is just WAAAY too much fun to drive!
Kekipi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KekipiSend a Private Message to KekipiDirect Link to This Post
Well there you go.
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
LOL!!!!

Ok so I have gotten one response so far....
His entire response....
Is it Reliable?

Really???
Honestly? Did I not list the car as BROKEN?

I did however tell him it was reliable up until the point it broke
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I certainly wish I had the funds and the room. I would be all over this.
PFF
System Bot
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
I wish you did too.
I am also open to trades So long as it is an interesting trade.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8Ball:

I wish you did too.
I am also open to trades So long as it is an interesting trade.

I got this Kris guy, he's interesting.

Trade ya.

Brad
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Nah, no trunk space, single seater, lousy milage, rode hard and put up wet... you can keep him. I need something a little sportier... or at least more useful.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I've heard it a thousand times......."It wuz runnin when I parked it."

nice car--keep it.
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I've heard it a thousand times......."It wuz runnin when I parked it."

nice car--keep it.

And the carburetor is missing!

8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2011 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Somebody dun stole the car-bo-ray-ter and replaced it with one oh them thar super chargin thing a ma jings

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock