Started on: 03-06-2011 11:43 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: SkinsFan on 03-07-2011 11:46 PM
fastblack

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post
Yup, passed my training class today with flying colors! Iowa passed a law that began at the beginning of this year making it easier to obtain your concealed carry permit. In the past it was up to the county sheriff whether you got one or not and the sheriff in my county pretty much did not give them out. I'm very happy, just have to go to the courthouse this week to get the rest of the process going and in a couple weeks I'll be good to go. Now to just start shopping around for a fairly priced 40 cal.

Just wanted to share my excitement!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mike Gonzalez

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post
Congrats !

I would reccomend the Springfield XD, or Taurus 24/7.
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fastblack:

Now to just start shopping around for a fairly priced 40 cal.

Just wanted to share my excitement!

Congrats!

As for the 40 cal, here's my thread back when I was shopping:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/062174.html

I ended up going with a Taurus PT140 Millennium Pro. All in all, it was a great firearm. They're still around and now that its not Taurus' bread and butter, they can be had for <$300. Check 'em out!
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
Try a Glock 23 or a Walther PPS. Both are 40 caliber.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
I just heard on the news that Maine is trying to stop people from needing the concealed carry permit for most situation. We already can carry out in the open without any permit at all. Not that I think it is a good idea to have people carrying without proper training. But at least it would give those drug dealers and thieves in the bigger cities something to think about.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Kilofox13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kilofox13Send a Private Message to Kilofox13Direct Link to This Post
Permits in Alabama, are possibly the easiest to attain. It took me 10 minutes. With a military ID, it was only $20, and a quick background check, and they had it printed and in my hand! As for a carry weapon, I eithe have my Kimber 1911, or, in the summer, when I have less clothing to conceal, I like carrying my Ruger LCP with Crimson trace. It is possibly the perfect carry piece, IMO.
Johbby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohbbySend a Private Message to JohbbyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:
Try a Glock 23 or a Walther PPS. Both are 40 caliber.

Walther PPS is the tits. Another vote to check that one out.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike Gonzalez:

Congrats !

I would reccomend the Springfield XD, or Taurus 24/7.

I hear the Fiero SE is vastly superior to either of those...

------------------
Todd,
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x2
2002 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr 4x2
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
In texas at the local gun shows people are showing how to get a license w/o taking the tests (written & shooting). They are getting their license from Utah which is good in Texas. Only take a 4 hour instructor led class and fill out the paperwork along with the fees and your on your way for conceal carry much easier than the way I did.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
I hear the Fiero SE is vastly superior to either of those...

Hahahaha. Todd you're lucky I wasn't drinking anything.. you'd owe me a new monitor!

I should get on that sometime soon... definitely need to look into MO laws and figure out all the necessary stuff.
fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I'm leaning toward taking the Utah class here in about a month just because it would be good for Minnesota (I'm only about 10 miles from the border). On the other hand, there is hope that Minnesota may honor Iowa's permit in the near future since the law change, may just have to wait and see.

Anywho, here's a video of the guy that instructed my class and a "few" of his guns. Helluva nice guy and his gun shop and range are only about 5 miles away

PFF
System Bot
weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post
I have mine in Iowa, a 4 hour class, cost 50 bucks, and applying for the permit at the sheriff's office cost another 50 bucks. In Iowa, the permit doubles as your license to buy.
SkinsFan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkinsFanSend a Private Message to SkinsFanDirect Link to This Post
wow sounds like most states are easy to get ccp, i gotta move out of maryland.

i have a glock 21 (.45acp). debating the g34(9mm) or g35(.40) they are a bit larger but super accurate. sorry not trying to highjack post

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock