Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Remember When We Said We Hope This Doesn't End Badly For Her?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Remember When We Said We Hope This Doesn't End Badly For Her? by Boondawg
Started on: 03-04-2011 12:08 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: spark1 on 03-04-2011 07:26 PM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post03-04-2011 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

A 20-year-old college student who was hired as police chief of a Mexican border town has reportedly sought asylum in the United States.

Marisol Valles Garcia "received death threats from a criminal group that wanted to force her to work for them," the relative told AFP news service on Thursday, speaking on condition of anonymity. She "went to the United States along with two relatives and will seek asylum."

Valles Garcia, who has an infant son, became police chief in Praxedis G. Guerrero town — home to some 10,000 people — after two other job candidates dropped out following the killing of the mayor and his son. She was studying criminology in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico's most violent city.

However, town secretary Andres Morales said that Valles Garcia was expected back at work on Monday after taking some time off to deal with family matters.

"Right now, these are rumors," he told the El Paso Times.

Word of Valles Garcia's apparent departure comes after Erika Gandara, a female officer and the sole representative of the law in the border town of Guadalupe, was kidnapped in December . Her fate is unknown.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id...world_news-americas/

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 03-04-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Doesn't it feel like sometimes, if you take a step back, you can see where about 85% of the stuff that's happening is going to end up?

Just glad she didn't get killed.
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post
I hate to be a jerk at this point, because I do admire the lady, but....

If she gets asylum, won't that open the floodgates for pretty much everybody in Mexico to seek asylum based on threats from drug cartels?

Talk about seeing how things will turn out.
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
A really great gradeschool friend of mine is caught up in the middle of the warring in Mexico. He came to the US the legal way when we were in 5th grade and returned with his family to care for his grandpa in 8th grade. We taught him English and he taught us a little Spanish. He is still in Mexico and is attending a university and we have spent many hours talking on the phone about how bad it is becoming. Literally no lie twice a day he is approached to sell and run drugs by any of the Cartels because he has a US citizenship card and word of that got out.

He has the same high values i do though and turns them down. He has had his room ransacked, his car vandalized, people end friendships with him because its too "risky" etc.

He is coming here next month to stay for a week with me and my Family and to see his uncle who lives a short distance from my neighborhood and i am quite excited as you can imagine
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ramsespride:
He is coming here next month to stay for a week with me and my Family and to see his uncle who lives a short distance from my neighborhood and i am quite excited as you can imagine

Is he brining you a care package from Columbia?
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Stop the drug war.
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Is he brining you a care package from Columbia?

LOL no. He might bring some Maracas and a few other cooler Mexican things for the Girls but that would be about it.
He and I share the same belief that there is no point of Drugs/alchomohols ingestion.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

Stop the drug war.

Like I said before, the drug war is over. The drugs won.

Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Probably the ONLY time i will agree with something Fierobear says
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

....decades ago.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post03-04-2011 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
...thought this was a happy update from the little dog thread Ah well, I hear she is happy, so that is all that matters
Back to the theme of THIS thread..

Maybe she planned this all along??? taking along 2 other people makes me think so even more
yeah, I know My cynicism is showing
Nick
PFF
System Bot
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
If we take Mexico over, destroy the drug cartels, make Mexico a US territory like Puerto Rico, we could make things much better... We would have a much smaller southern border... We would have more oil drillifying, we would slow down the mass exodus of illegals coming here, they would just stay there and live off us. Or not...

Seriously though, can't give her asylum because she was threatened by drug cartels. We would end up with every single Mexican cop and politician other than the cartels themselves.
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by TommyRocker:

If we take Mexico over, destroy the drug cartels, make Mexico a US territory like Puerto Rico, we could make things much better... We would have a much smaller southern border... We would have more oil drillifying, we would slow down the mass exodus of illegals coming here, they would just stay there and live off us. Or not...

Seriously though, can't give her asylum because she was threatened by drug cartels. We would end up with every single Mexican cop and politician other than the cartels themselves.

We did it are still doing it for Cubans.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock