Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  SCOTUS upholds Phelps Church right to protest funerals! (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
SCOTUS upholds Phelps Church right to protest funerals! by Doni Hagan
Started on: 03-02-2011 01:14 PM
Replies: 53
Last post by: twofatguys on 03-12-2011 06:35 PM
Nurb432

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post03-06-2011 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I don't think there was ever really much of a question of whether they had the right to assemble and protest, but I do think, that eventually, this type of hatred will end badly for Phelps, and I'm not talking about an afterlife..

ya someone will eventually take matters into their own hands and not really care about ones rights, or legality of their actions.
IP: Logged
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
The Phelps family "church" is scheduled to protest at three funerals in KY this week. I hope to join in the wall that shield the mourning families from this protected group of radicals.

------------------
Ron

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Someone should remind them that the Lord does not hate anybody. He may be a little upset but he doesn't hate. The message of hate the Phelps people are spreading is not what Jesus and God are all about, it is the opposite. The ones who will end up going to Hell are them.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post03-06-2011 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

Someone should remind them that the Lord does not hate anybody. He may be a little upset but he doesn't hate. The message of hate the Phelps people are spreading is not what Jesus and God are all about, it is the opposite. The ones who will end up going to Hell are them.

That is the funny thing about faith.. everyone has their own ( just as valid as anyone elses) opinion about everything, but nobody has any proof of anything.

They feel the same about you as you do them....
jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post
Did anyone catch Fox news this morning? I thought that Criss Wallace did a remarkable job at keeping his composure inspite of Margie Phelps, the attorney for Westboro Baptist Church speaking on his show. She can be inflamatory, that's for sure.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetman:

Did anyone catch Fox news this morning? I thought that Criss Wallace did a remarkable job at keeping his composure inspite of Margie Phelps, the attorney for Westboro Baptist Church speaking on his show. She can be inflamatory, that's for sure.

No, I didn't but would love to see it. Anyone got a link to that on you tube or anywhere? I'll start looking.

------------------
Ron

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams: No, I didn't but would love to see it. Anyone got a link to that on you tube or anywhere? I'll start looking.

http://freedomslighthouse.n...e-phelps-video-3611/
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

http://freedomslighthouse.n...e-phelps-video-3611/

rinselberg,
Thanks for providing that link.

After watching Attorney Phelps on this subject, all I can say is Wow.

------------------
Ron

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

rinselberg,
Thanks for providing that link.

After watching Attorney Phelps on this subject, all I can say is Wow.

Real piece of work, huh? So if someone rides on these fools, and her family gets mowed down except for her, will she accept that as "God's Will" too? Like her great aunt and grandmother? Or will she (likely) blame the Devil and homosexuals?

I can't believe I listened to her for the whole interview.. nice brush off at the end, though.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

Real piece of work, huh? So if someone rides on these fools, and her family gets mowed down except for her, will she accept that as "God's Will" too? Like her great aunt and grandmother? Or will she (likely) blame the Devil and homosexuals?

I can't believe I listened to her for the whole interview.. nice brush off at the end, though.

No, that would be "God's curse"
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
So apparently these Westboro members protested up here in Monett today.

I wasn't aware that it was going on. I really wanted to go up and counter protest.

Listening to the Police scanner, Police have been brought in from all over the area, I'm counting 3 different towns police Departments.

Who is paying for all of this? If it's me I'm really pissed.

If I put on a big show, and the police have to work overtime, I have to pay for that.

Argggggg.

Brad
PFF
System Bot
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

So apparently these Westboro members protested up here in Monett today.

I wasn't aware that it was going on. I really wanted to go up and counter protest.

Listening to the Police scanner, Police have been brought in from all over the area, I'm counting 3 different towns police Departments.

Who is paying for all of this? If it's me I'm really pissed.

If I put on a big show, and the police have to work overtime, I have to pay for that.

Argggggg.

Brad

I think thats a very valid point Brad. Maybe their effed-up right to protest funerals could be denied unless they are willing to pay the police for the protection they "need." Otherwise, they are just sucking tax dollars out of the county.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
This is the way to counter-protest......the other way is an Athiest with a gun.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

This is the way to counter-protest......the other way is an Athiest with a gun.

I was just going to make a sign that had an arrow, and some homoerotic saying. "<-----SUCKS IT REAL GOOD" or something similar.

Brad
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock