Started on: 03-01-2011 09:54 PM
Replies: 45
Last post by: rogergarrison on 03-10-2011 07:58 AM
GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post
Just wondering if there are any other R/C people here. I've been flying planes off and on for about 20 years, and got bit hard by the helicopter bug last year. Started off with a toy Air Hog, then went into more hobby-grade coaxials and fixed pitch, and have since moved onto collective pitch machines. Amazing how much harder it is to learn a heli compared to a plane. But it's one of only a few things that while I'm doing it, I'm concentrating solely on it. It's nice to be able to shove everything else out of your mind, even if it is for only a short period.

Anyhow, here's the favorite of my little fleet, a Trex 550. It's currently grounded while I change it over to a flybarless setup, hopefully will be back up in the air this weekend.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
I have had many r/c's my favorite was my 1985 miss miller american hydro, the thing cost me more than my fiero to build but it flew, I had a picco 75 in it for the engine if i remember right ill have to see if i have a pic someplace I also currently have a e-sky honeybee cp2 heli and a rc glider. the honeybee is a hunk of junk I dont recomend it to anyone it is verry unstable and after one good crash the airframe self destructs if i ever buy another heli it will for shure have an aluminum frame the carbon rod ones are junk.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 03-01-2011).]

GT86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

I have had many r/c's my favorite was my 1985 miss miller american hydro, the thing cost me more than my fiero to build but it flew, I had a picco 75 in it for the engine if i remember right ill have to see if i have a pic someplace I also currently have a e-sky honeybee cp2 heli and a rc glider. the honeybee is a hunk of junk I dont reccoment it to anyone it is verry unstable and after one good crash the airframe self destructs if i ever buy another heli it will for shure have an aluminum frame the carbon rod ones are junk.

I agree, the Honeybee isn't a great machine. It's a decent bird to learn on, but that's about it.

Most helis will have carbon fiber, plastic, or fiberglass frames. Besides the cost of having it made of aluminum, in a crash you'll likely bend something and it will need replacing anyway.
Black Lotus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black LotusSend a Private Message to Black LotusDirect Link to This Post
Here's my mini fleet of T-rexs. Awaiting their turn to be destroyed this year.
The old soldier (survivor) is the 450 SE. Shaft driven tail, Skookum 360, etc.
My favorite, a King II with lots of mods, currently awaiting a motor.
What are you doing about stabilisng your bird since you're pulling the flybar?
GT86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black Lotus:

Here's my mini fleet of T-rexs. Awaiting their turn to be destroyed this year.
The old soldier (survivor) is the 450 SE. Shaft driven tail, Skookum 360, etc.
My favorite, a King II with lots of mods, currently awaiting a motor.
What are you doing about stabilisng your bird since you're pulling the flybar?

Awaiting their turn to be destroyed, that's about the truth for me

On the 550, I'll be using the Microbeast controller. Already switched the head over to FBL parts, I just need to redo the wiring and get the Beast setup.

edit: I like the 4-blade setup on your 450. Been thinking about trying a multi blade head.

[This message has been edited by GT86 (edited 03-01-2011).]

D B Cooper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D B CooperSend a Private Message to D B CooperDirect Link to This Post
That 550 is a nice machine. Same guts as the 600, just in a smaller lighter package. I have the whole RC bug pretty bad.... everything fom that micro Beast umx and foamie ducted fans up to a 50cc Aeroworks yak. I just finished putting together a new 30cc gasser Gee Bee this evening and ran the first tank of gas through it. Also been getting into the helis too. I have a Blade 400, a couple trex 450se clones, a couple 450 pro clones, a 500 clone, a 250 clone, a Trex 250, and a Trex 600 electic... all waiting their turn to kiss the old tera firma.... oh, and a blade msr to terorize the dog with in the house

Man I can't wait for the weather to get nicer ! One of those 450 pro clones hasn't been smashed into anything yet (the other hasn't been crashed, but does have a midair kill to its credit )!!

[This message has been edited by D B Cooper (edited 03-01-2011).]

GT86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by D B Cooper:

oh, and a blade msr to terorize the dog with in the house

lol, my dogs hate the msr, but the cat will try to jump up and catch it mid-air.

datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
I fly a Blade CX

Great Heli to learn on... when I get better / more comfortable / have more money.. I'd love to upgrade to a Trex bird...
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Started with a horizon hobby alpha trainer. That was HUGE to start with. Then went to a traxxas nitro chopper and got the hang of that. Then a walkera full 3d cheap o to learn how to fly 3d. I flew 3d.....Right to the er when I that carbon fiber blade against my leg. I no longer play with choppers.
datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Right to the er when I that carbon fiber blade against my leg. I no longer play with choppers.

I got hit in the hand once with my Blade CX...

I have *NO* problem dead sticking my bird and letting her drop to the ground like a rock if things get a little hinky...

parts are cheap.. and them little bastiges hurt like hell when they strike you!

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by datacop:

I have *NO* problem dead sticking my bird and letting her drop to the ground like a rock if things get a little hinky...

Parts are not cheap! I had to replace my boom, runners and blades along with the gyro because of one good crash. 200 bucks later I go fly and forget to set the trim That ended well.
PFF
System Bot
GT86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

Right to the er when I that carbon fiber blade against my leg. I no longer play with choppers.

Yeah, they can cause quite a bit of damage if they get away from you. There was an incident not too long ago where someone at a park flew a Trex 600 into a little girl. Tore her up pretty badly and put her in the hospital. The 550 I posted above has about a 4 foot rotor diamter, and swings those carbon fiber blades around 2500 rpm. Even the smaller ones can cause havoc, they aren't toys.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT86:

Yeah, they can cause quite a bit of damage if they get away from you. There was an incident not too long ago where someone at a park flew a Trex 600 into a little girl. Tore her up pretty badly and put her in the hospital. The 550 I posted above has about a 4 foot rotor diamter, and swings those carbon fiber blades around 2500 rpm. Even the smaller ones can cause havoc, they aren't toys.

I had the brushless set up. They would scream! with the LIPO bat I could get some decent flight time. I was doing the basic inverted hover when a gust brought it back. My old 3d chop did not have inverted controls at the flip of the switch. So left was right etc. The one I hurt my self did. I got a freak wind gust and throttled up and tried to roll it out and then throttle down and land. I have done that before when in trouble. Well, I forgot to hit the invert switch so rather than rolling I throttled up and pitched forward into my leg. I dont use nitros any more either. Bat went low and it just took off.
GT86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by datacop:

Throttle hold is definitely your friend. I'd rather end up with the heli in pieces instead of myself or someone else in pieces. In a worst case scenario, full negative pitch will put it into the ground awfully quick.

I've been practicing autorotations lately too, it's nice to be able to safely land an unpowered helicopter from altitude. I had a tail failure a few months ago on my 500 and had to auto it down, ended up with a bit of damage. It was my first real auto, and it wasn't an optimal way to break the ice. I figured it was past time to learn to autorotate properly. It's a lot of fun to kill the motor at 100 feet up and bring it in for a nice, soft landing. Scary at first though...

GT86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

GT86

5203 posts
Member since Mar 2003

I had the brushless set up. They would scream! with the LIPO bat I could get some decent flight time. I was doing the basic inverted hover when a gust brought it back. My old 3d chop did not have inverted controls at the flip of the switch. So left was right etc. The one I hurt my self did. I got a freak wind gust and throttled up and tried to roll it out and then throttle down and land. I have done that before when in trouble. Well, I forgot to hit the invert switch so rather than rolling I throttled up and pitched forward into my leg. I dont use nitros any more either. Bat went low and it just took off.

Switched inverted, that brings back memories. Because of the popularity of 3D flying, the invert switch has pretty much died off. With the constant change of attitude and direction, it's easier to learn the different orientations than to try and switch back and forth fast enough to keep up.

I'm not much into nitro anymore either. Battery technology has come a long way, and the electrics these days have more power than nitro. Flight times are getting longer too with electrics, but nitro still has an edge there.

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Switched inverted, that brings back memories. Because of the popularity of 3D flying, the invert switch has pretty much died off. With the constant change of attitude and direction, it's easier to learn the different orientations than to try and switch back and forth fast enough to keep up.

I'm not much into nitro anymore either. Battery technology has come a long way, and the electrics these days have more power than nitro. Flight times are getting longer too with electrics, but nitro still has an edge there.

I just got tired of it being so touchy. On board glow plug igniters always screwed up so I would have to put a glow stick on it, fire it and get out quick enough. Nitro flight times are awesome but you have to make sure it is tuned. Any little bog is going to screw you. I heard rumours of traxas doing a auto invert via a accelerometer inside the speed control brain. Last time I flew I just got fed up and quit. I took my chopper to get trimmed. I could not get it to trim and it would just pitch at 1/4 throttle. They said the gyro was at fault and said they trimmed it and it was RTR. I hovered about a inch and it tail spinning a little. So I trimmed out and got it level. Throttled up and it yawed......right into a friggen wall. Hit dead center on the rotor cap and snapped the graphite frame that held the whole thing together. Sold it for parts on Ebay. I also was getting a run of off balance blades that made flying difficult. I with someone made a trainer full 3d copter. Kinda like a havoc heli. That would be awesome. Full 3d micro RC
GT86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

I with someone made a trainer full 3d copter. Kinda like a havoc heli. That would be awesome. Full 3d micro RC

Check out the mCP X from E-Flite, supposed to be out any day now:
http://www.bladehelis.com/P....aspx?ProdId=BLH3580

Less than 10" long, and it's CP. Similar to the Walkera heli that's about the same size, but hopefully of better quality. Align has also come out with a Trex 100, but the version out now is fixed pitch. There are rumors that they are coming out with a CP version though.

edit: The simulators available now are another great way to train. I use Phoenix, and it's very close to flying the real thing, plus you use your real transmitter instead of a computer-only one. Great for trying out new manuvers, and it has a lot of popular models in there. You can tune individual models to more closely resemble your setup, and you can add in weather, change your flying site, etc. It's about $130, but well worth it in terms of saving money on crashes. http://www.phoenix-simv3.com/default.asp

[This message has been edited by GT86 (edited 03-02-2011).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post03-02-2011 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
hatUmmmm Suffice to say I value the beauty of the engineering and fantastic design copying ENOUGH TO NOT WANT TO RISK SMASHING THEM UP !! I started off with a little 5 euro foamie heli. It was fun...so I went a bit bigger...and crashed it to helenback! So I then bought the Mustang? in the centre of the photo. It was not very good, but I learned quite a bit about how they behave on cheap R/C equipment, and rubbish servos It still, as you see, survives today, but I robbed the servos for the F16 behind it. It needs nine That one was this year's birthday present from Ellie (she STILL doesn't understand the fascination ), and I used the electronics from the original F16 I had, but crashed into bits and pieces
The white F16 was a body and retract undercarriage only, and arrived squashed. I informed the seller, and he sent me a replacement kit FOC,which resides still in its box at the back, to be used as and when I smash the white one up, which I managed to stick back together after the delivery damage.
Helis? The two Walkera HM59#D's are the two I managed to get to fly in tandem for a few seconds, before my nerve gave out They are identical, and use the same frequency channel.
The Nine Eagles twin solo Pro 11 is fun to fly! 4 channels,cccp, and Zwerver just loves trying to catch it in mid air. The Nincopter 140 micro is a 4 channel twin rotor so easy to fly, and again real fun!!. ALL THESE WERE PURCHASED WITH THE MONEY I SAVED FROM QUITTING SMOKING, EXCEPT THE WHITE F16

Oh, the little white Kyosho has flown and crashed so many times, it is mainly made up of bits and pieces I cut out of styrene packing foam!! It is a nice plane to learn on. But very expensive for what it is
Nick

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 03-02-2011).]

Joe 1320

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post
I've been in the hobby since the 70s. I'm simply addicted to flight.
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
I started out with the crappy Air hog remote controlled airplanes and after the successful failure of each one of them i moved onto a rc Cessna. 3 foot wingspan, small little gasoline motor. Put a set of floats on it and could take it on the lake boating with us if i felt like it. During the move a rod got smacked through the side and now there is a big hole in the canvas. Someday i may fix it and fly again but that day will be a while off. For now i have a 12 buck Sears special RC copter that i terrorize the girls with blasting Flight of the Valkyries as i chase them around with it
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I have a Blade CX myself, but I changed to the Bell Jetranger body kit. These are some of my others

twin turbine 1/5 scale F4 Phantom II, 1/6 scale F4U Corsair and F6F Hellcat, aluminum covered DC7 airliner. Also have a Cessna 172. I have wreckage from several others, lol. P-47, F4U, Cessna Skymaster twin.

Built up from balsa, balsa covered. individual 'rivets' applied one by one.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 03-02-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post

Awaiting their turn to be destroyed, that's about the truth for me

I crash planes better than anyone I know.

That's the honest truth and the real reason that I have not taked a virgin Kyhoso (sp?) Concept 60 to the air yet.

Cool thread, will have to check back after work.
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I have a Blade CX myself, but I changed to the Bell Jetranger body kit. These are some of my others

twin turbine 1/5 scale F4 Phantom II, 1/6 scale F4U Corsair and F6F Hellcat, aluminum covered DC7 airliner. Also have a Cessna 172. I have wreckage from several others, lol. P-47, F4U, Cessna Skymaster twin.

Built up from balsa, balsa covered. individual 'rivets' applied one by one.

Wow those planes are really nice. I'd love to see more pics of your planes if you have them especially that Corsair, what a great job!!

Anyone else that has pics of their RC's I'd love to see them as well BTW
FieroSTETZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZDirect Link to This Post
I just got started, bought one called a wild hawk from harbor freight (99 bucks RTF!) it's a copy of the easystar. It made it about 30 minutes before cartwheeling for the 4th time, and broke in half.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Im a big fan of scale realism more than performance. On the Hellcat, i drew out all the panel lines from photos with a marker. Then I used a hypodermic needle to put drops of white glue along the lines. After that was all done and dried, i sanded it all lightly till they were only barely visible and primered it. Sherwin Williams provided me the laquer in the actual period US Navy formula. After it was painted I used a scotchbrite only in a front to rear pattern to make it look weathered and worn. The Corsair actually caught fire and crashed after that pic was taken. Nothing was salvageable.
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post
I'm a newcomer to r/c flight (just over 1 year). Started with a Hobbyzone SC, then a modified one. I'm building a Piper PA-7 now.

Nick, I like your tile (see last photo in the PA-7 build)
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post03-03-2011 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
WOW!! I read all three pages..and..well...WOW!!! That is fantastic work!! I look forward to seeing more posts, because I have put it in my 'favourites'!! Oh. almost forgot about the tiles SNNNNNNAP!!
Great work!! Well done!!!
Nick
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

WOW!! I read all three pages..and..well...WOW!!! That is fantastic work!! I look forward to seeing more posts, because I have put it in my 'favourites'!! Oh. almost forgot about the tiles SNNNNNNAP!!
Great work!! Well done!!!
Nick

Thanks Nick.

Just subscribe to the thread and you will receive update notices.

My wife installed the tile. We were doing some remodeling after a sewer problem forced carpet replacement and decided to replace all the tile. I rented a power hammer to take up the old tile and vinyl and while I remodeled a bathroom shower she laid the tile. I did all the cutting and grouting.
D B Cooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D B CooperSend a Private Message to D B CooperDirect Link to This Post
RCGroups.... lol fun place to be an ass in the basement

[This message has been edited by D B Cooper (edited 03-03-2011).]

Black Lotus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black LotusSend a Private Message to Black LotusDirect Link to This Post

On the 550, I'll be using the Microbeast controller. Already switched the head over to FBL parts, I just need to redo the wiring and get the Beast setup.

edit: I like the 4-blade setup on your 450. Been thinking about trying a multi blade head.

If this thread is still going, let us know about the Beast. It's a lot cheaper than the new Skookum 720, that's for sure.
That 4 blade flapping hinge head is the Copter X Black Angel part. Direct bolt in for the Trex 450. Pure Chinese engineering but it's good enough for me as I just potter about in circles. I don't know how it would work in 3D flight. Takes a bit more power to turn it. Supposed to not need a FBL gyro, but I put one on anyway, and it seems OK.
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
I just sold my blade cx. Im moving away from the counter rotating props, they suck in the wind. Id like to get a small petrol powered chopper. Im glad wireless video technology has come as far has it has becausenow its light enough i could actually mount it to a heli!
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris Hodson:

I just sold my blade cx. Im moving away from the counter rotating props, they suck in the wind. Id like to get a small petrol powered chopper. Im glad wireless video technology has come as far has it has becausenow its light enough i could actually mount it to a heli!

On my CX, I just reset the throws on the controls to move more. Mine flies great outdoors if the wind is less than 10 mph or so. There set at minimal movement from the factory. I can now pitch it forward 45* to fly into the wind.

texasfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
I'm just getting back into it after being out for 20 years. Had an Eagle 63 and a pattern plane. Re-kit'd them both. Then the kids where born.
I'm putting together a J3 cub to practice with and then I have a Long EZ I'll fire up next. Never tried Helos, like to go fast..

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 03-04-2011).]

D B Cooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for D B CooperSend a Private Message to D B CooperDirect Link to This Post
My contribution for today...

My 50cc Aeroworks Yak

The 1/4 scale Extra 300S

A buddy's transmitter case
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Seeing how helicopters are usually the most expensive, yet far easiest to crash, I prefer keeping my Helo budget pretty small....less than $200. If I want fast the Phantom does over 200 mph in level flight. (and no I dont have a friggin time slip)
Black Lotus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black LotusSend a Private Message to Black LotusDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, you need some sort of time slip for that claim.
Your knees shaking at 200 MPH don't count.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Thats actually even sub standard for RC turbine aircraft now. I think theyre closer to 250 mph now. Some of the prop ones can do 150. They have the RC Jet Nationals here every year and they let anyone do speed runs for a police radar gun. You just have to do the pattern 2 times at that speed to be official.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
I was thinking of getting one of those airhogs with the camera Just to chase the cats around, and was doing some searching on the net and found this.

Anyone tried it yet?

http://www.nitroplanes.com/sm18gfpvmivi.html

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 03-05-2011).]

D B Cooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for D B CooperSend a Private Message to D B CooperDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Thats actually even sub standard for RC turbine aircraft now. I think theyre closer to 250 mph now. Some of the prop ones can do 150. They have the RC Jet Nationals here every year and they let anyone do speed runs for a police radar gun. You just have to do the pattern 2 times at that speed to be official.

Yeah the turbines are frikkin cool ! But the price, the ned for a paved runway, and the need to have them rebuilt every so many hours just makes them off limits for me.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock