Started on: 03-01-2011 09:54 PM
Replies: 45
Last post by: rogergarrison on 03-10-2011 07:58 AM
GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black Lotus:

If this thread is still going, let us know about the Beast. It's a lot cheaper than the new Skookum 720, that's for sure.
That 4 blade flapping hinge head is the Copter X Black Angel part. Direct bolt in for the Trex 450. Pure Chinese engineering but it's good enough for me as I just potter about in circles. I don't know how it would work in 3D flight. Takes a bit more power to turn it. Supposed to not need a FBL gyro, but I put one on anyway, and it seems OK.

I got it back together and in the air yesterday, and I gotta say the Beast is a great FBL unit. Setup was incredibly simple, and even with the default settings it was rock solid. I need to do a bit of tweaking, but it's about 95% as is. Much better than the Align 3G units I've used before.

IP: Logged
Black Lotus

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black LotusSend a Private Message to Black LotusDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT86:

I got it back together and in the air yesterday, and I gotta say the Beast is a great FBL unit. Setup was incredibly simple, and even with the default settings it was rock solid. I need to do a bit of tweaking, but it's about 95% as is. Much better than the Align 3G units I've used before.

That's good to hear, as the price is right on the Beast. I will certainly keep my eye on it.
My Trex 500 has had the 3G system in it for a couple of months, but haven't flown it outdoors yet. Oh well, probably good enough for me at my low skill level.

GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black Lotus:

That's good to hear, as the price is right on the Beast. I will certainly keep my eye on it.
My Trex 500 has had the 3G system in it for a couple of months, but haven't flown it outdoors yet. Oh well, probably good enough for me at my low skill level.

With the 3G units I had I never could entirely get rid of some wobbles at hover as well as some pitch-up tendencies during fast forward flight. These were older units, and Align has done some updating and improving since then. Don't know how well the newer ones work, but I have heard they are better.

habendanio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for habendanioClick Here to visit habendanio's HomePageSend a Private Message to habendanioDirect Link to This Post
I started with a blade mCX, then blade CX3, then blade cp pro 2, then a walkera #35, mSR, blade sr 120. Was thinking about getting the mCPX when it come out but just got the AR Drone. Might have to stop this hobby with the drone.
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post
Is anyone flying FPV?

[This message has been edited by texasfiero (edited 03-09-2011).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
The flying boat is too cool. I love the scale stuff. Its one thing Ive also never attempted....building a sea plane. Be just my luck to have to land dead stick or kill the engine and have to watch my plane drift off down the river to disappear.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock