Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Odd names for food tell me some you know? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Odd names for food tell me some you know? by jetsnvettes2000
Started on: 03-01-2011 04:25 PM
Replies: 42
Last post by: starlightcoupe on 03-03-2011 07:40 PM
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Here is mine I just saw on tv and well its frigin funny: Pet de Soeurs----fart of nun its a pastry/donut
http://www.seriouseats.com/...ontreal-em-cafe.html
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Frito Pie. Its chili poured over a bowl of Fritos....and its yummy. I never heard of it till I was stationed in Okla and Tx.
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
Spotted Dick. English, I think, but I really don't know. I'm not gonna eat it. Ever.

------------------
1986 SE 350 V8

[This message has been edited by tesmith66 (edited 03-01-2011).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by tesmith66:

Spotted Dick. English, I think, but I really don't know. I'm not gonna eat it. Ever.

Ive heard of that its cocktail wieners I think
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Spotted dick is a steamed suet pudding containing dried fruit (usually currants) commonly served with custard. Spotted refers to the dried fruit (which resemble spots) and dick may be a contraction or corruption of the word pudding (from the last syllable) or possibly a corruption of the word dough[1] or dog, as "spotted dog" is another name for the same dish with the use of plums rather than currants. Another explanation offered for the word "dick" is that it comes from the German word for "thick", dicht or dick.
2birds

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2birdsSend a Private Message to 2birdsDirect Link to This Post
From my days on a submarine:

Fried Hamsters = Chicken Cordon Bleu
Elephant Scabs = Breaded veal patties
Chicken wheels = Breaded chicken patties
Pus Rockets = Italian sausages, with the skin on
Horse co*ks = giant 1/4 lb hot dogs
Chicken tetracycline = chicken tettrazini
Lizard eggs = deep fat fried canned potatoes.
Plastic eggs = powdered eggs
Plastic milk = powdered milk

And if someone was making a coffee run, you asked for the style by name:
Grace Jones = Black and bitter
Halle Barre = Black and sweet (was originally a "Whitney Houston")
Meg Ryan = Blonde and sweet
Jane Fonda = Blonde and Bitter
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
"Big Mac."
That isn't a food that I'd eat.

Add Puketine Poutine to that list.

Toad in the hole is a funny British name for an egg fried in a hole in a peice of sliced bread. Its actually very good.
Bangers and mash sounds funny in the USA, but the Brits love it..

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 03-01-2011).]

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
2birds you didn't have sh!t on a shingle (SOS). That seemed to be a staple for the Navy when my father was in it back in the 60s.
http://www.practicallyedibl...pages/shitonashingle
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
LOL I had sos at ki sawyer afb a long time ago was good stuff!!!
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by tesmith66:

i seen it at world market not too long ago, i laughed
i would only eat it if i were wearing my nun-bush shoes
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post
Mt aunt used to make a jello mold with shredded carrots and nuts. My brothers & I called it "Jello with rocks and twigs"

It was actually pretty tasty, we were just rotten kids.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
From my mispent youth..

Tthe P.I.
Baloot--a half incubated duck or chicken egg (usually duck). I tried to eat one--just couldn't get past the aroma. Too gross to post a pic of it here, but you can see one yourself by clicking any thumb:
http://www.google.com/image...q=%22Baloot%22&gbv=2
(most people I saw eating them just drank the liquid)

Lumpia--fried little delicacy--sometimes served on a stick (kebob style)--more often looks like an eggroll. Never ever ever ask what is in it--they might actually tell you the truth. Sometimes it's pork--occassionally beef. I heard way back when, from reliable sources, it was often bow wow.

Monkey meat on a stick--it is what it sounds like--grilled monkey meat on a baboo skewer right off a kibachi--sold on nearly every corner in Olongapo--or used to be anyway. Really good with a sweet bbq dipping sauce, but I wouldn't try it today.

From Korat Thailand:
Monkey brain on the halfshell. I won't go into the details of how the locals did it, but the sanitary (for foriegners) version is: top of the skull is lopped off, cleaned, filled with grey matter, and then the brains are served in the top of the cleaned skull.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-01-2011).]

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post
Hog Rotten Potatoes = Au Gratin Potatoes

The cook who ran the coffee shop at my first job was named Birdie Lee Jones, and she cooked outstandingly good (and inexpensive) food for the ~60 employees who ate lunch there every day. She would get livid when some joker would insult her Au Gratin Potatoes this way.

Pork Dong = Whole Pork Tenderloin

Pork Tenderloin makes an easy and elegant dinner, so my wife and I have it often. We have to be careful to watch our language, though, when we invite guests over to share a meal of "Pork Dong" with us.

On an extended business trip to Johannesburg, South Africa about 25 years ago, the menu at every upscale restaurant we patronized included "Steak with Monkey Gland Sauce." I was always afraid to ask, "What gland?" On that same trip we often ordered a working lunch from the commissary at our host's offices (South Africa Broadcasting Corporation) ... usually what could only be called "Mystery Meat Sandwiches."

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 03-02-2011).]

2birds

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2birdsSend a Private Message to 2birdsDirect Link to This Post
5hit-on-a-shingle comes in numerous forms. When I was a kid, it was creamed chipped beef on toast. Loved it, and I still do (Mom's is still the best). On the boats, it was creamed hamburger, usually with garlic and/or onions; disgusting... Navy cooks do screw up occasionally, usually when they read the recipe card (written by skimmer pukes or airedales).
2birds

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2birdsSend a Private Message to 2birdsDirect Link to This Post

2birds

1685 posts
Member since Nov 1999
Never had to eat a baloot, even though I'm an Initiated Navy Chief. I heard the stories, though.
2birds

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2birdsSend a Private Message to 2birdsDirect Link to This Post

2birds

1685 posts
Member since Nov 1999
And maryjane, it wasn't misspent. Not one bit...
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2birds:

Navy cooks do screw up occasionally

You never ate on my ship... occasionally should read "constantly". Never had one meal that was decent except on dry land when I ate at the base galleys.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

tbone42

8477 posts
Member since Apr 2010

Lumpia--fried little delicacy--sometimes served on a stick (kebob style)--more often looks like an eggroll. Never ever ever ask what is in it--they might actually tell you the truth. Sometimes it's pork--occassionally beef. I heard way back when, from reliable sources, it was often bow wow.

Growing up, I was "Kapatid" of two different Filipino families. I ate many a Lumpia.. which had pork or chicken in them. Not dog.. but the way they tasted, who cares? They had a hot pepper and bannana sauce. I'd love to have some Lumpia nowadays.. its been years. Delicious.

They also made some other outstanding dishes like Adobo, Bistek, Rellenong Manok and Mechado.
I miss my flips.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 03-02-2011).]

ktthecarguy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 167
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 04:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ktthecarguyClick Here to visit ktthecarguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ktthecarguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

Growing up, I was "Kapatid" of two different Filipino families. I ate many a Lumpia.. which had pork or chicken in them. Not dog.. but the way they tasted, who cares? They had a hot pepper and bannana sauce. I'd love to have some Lumpia nowadays.. its been years. Delicious.

They also made some other outstanding dishes like Adobo, Bistek, Rellenong Manok and Mechado.
I miss my flips.

I get Filipino food every day at my house. Try the caldereta - a type of beef stew; very tasty. Also try squid adobo - but it pays not to look at the tentacles while you eat them!

ktthecarguy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 167
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 05:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ktthecarguyClick Here to visit ktthecarguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ktthecarguyDirect Link to This Post

ktthecarguy

2076 posts
Member since Jun 2007
How about mountain oysters?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...cky_Mountain_oysters

Never tried 'em... and never will!
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
Buffalo wings.
Duh.
Buffalo have no wings and can't fly.
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Pasty

When one thinks of gifts from other cultures that carry with them great historical significance, one usually doesn't think of food. In the Upper Peninsula of Michigan there is a food delicacy that has gone ethnic to multi-ethnic and finally to regional. To many people in the Upper Peninsula, the pasty is much more than food, it is an identifying cultural mark that gives them their own identity. While it is a source of great pride to this region, the pasty itself, especially its ancient history is shrouded in mystery.

The easiest way to describe a pasty, is a pot pie without the pot. Nobody knows for sure where and when the pasty originated. It's thought to have been invented when the preparation of food became an art rather than roasting a hunk of meat on a stick. The pasty came to the Upper Peninsula through Cornwall England. When tin mining started going bad in England during the 1800's the Cornish miners immigrated to America hoping to earn there fortunes in newly developing mines. No one knows for sure though whether the Cornish invented the pasty, or whether they picked it up from some other group. Mrs. R.F. Ellis of Cornwall insist that the

Cornish invented it and that it is a diminutive of the star gazed pie, which is a type of pie baked with fish, such that the fish heads stick out of the pie. Others think the Vikings may have brought the pasty to the British Isles when they invaded. And another theory states that it may have been derived from the Italian "pasta", since the Cornish were considered to be great seamen.

Textually, the earliest known reference to the pasty contribute it to the Cornish. From 1150 to 1190 a man by the name of Chretien de Troyes wrote several Arthurian romances for the Countess of Champagne. In one of them, Eric and Enide, it mentions pasties: "Next Guivret opened a chest and took out two pasties. "my friend," says he, "now try a little of these cold pasties And you shall drink wine mixed with water...." " Both Guivret and Eric came from various parts of what today is considered Cornwall.

Pasties are also mentioned in the Robin Hood ballads of the 1300's "Bred on chese, butre and milk, pastees and flaunes." and "Thys knight swolewed, in throte noght pering/ More then doth a pastay in onen tryly!" The pasty was not unique to England by this time, a French Chronicler, Jean Froissart (1337-1414) wrote "with botelles of wyne trusses at their sadelles, and pastyes of samonde, troutes, and eyls, wrapped in towels" Today the French call the pasty, tourtiere. The pasty has even shown up in a William Shakespeare play. In the Merry Wives of Windsor (1600) "come, we have a hot pasty to dinner"

When the Cornish came to the copper mines of the Upper Peninsula, they brought with them a lot of mining knowledge which the other ethnic groups did not have. The other ethnic groups looked up to the Cornish and wanted to emulate their mining successes. Many Cornish practices were then copied by the other ethnic groups, including the pasty as the standard lunch for miners. The pasty became popular with these other ethnic groups because it was small, portable, was very filling, and could stay warm for 8-10 hours. Pasty rivalry occurred between the Finns, Swedes, Irish, Poles, Germans, Scots, Italians and French with each group contributing something in the way of seasoning and other ingredients. All groups agree that pasties must contain two things, potatoes and onions. The portability of the pasty not only made it easy to carry, but if it should get cold it would be relatively easy to heat up. This was done by putting the pasty on a shovel and holding it over a head-lamp candle. Miners never ate a pasty with a fork, they ate it end to end, and held it upright to keep the juices in. Since entire Cornish families worked in mines and each member of the family wanted different ingredients in the pasty, the Cornish wife would stamp the bottom corner of each pasty with an initial. According to the Cornish Recipes Ancient and Modern, "The true Cornish way to eat a pasty is to hold it in the hand, and begin to bite it from the opposite end to the initial, so that, should any of it be uneaten, it may be consumed later by its rightful owner. And woe betide anyone who take's another person's corner!" There was a superstition among the Cornish miner's that the initial corner should not be eaten, instead it was dropped on the ground for the mining gremlins to eat. These "gremlins" caused mischief in mines, causing accidents and mine collapses, feeding them supposedly kept them out of trouble. There is

some truth to this rumor, because the early Cornish tin mines had large amounts of arsenic, by not eating the corner which the miners held, they kept themselves from consuming large amounts of arsenic.

The pasty survived the collapse of mining because it became extremely popular with the major ethnic group to remain after the mines closed, the Fins. In 1864 a small wave of Fins came to the UP, well after the Cornish were established, when the big mining wave of Fins came 30 years later, they probably learned pasty making from the older Fins, not the Cornish. The pasty resembles the Finish foods, piiraat and kuuko, so when the new Fins saw their countrymen carrying it in a pail, they thought that it was the Fins who invented the pasty. Since there was a similar food in Finland, it was easier for the new Fins to adopt it. During Finish "ethnic" celebrations the pasty is often featured as a "Finnish" specialty.

The pasty remains relatively unchanged today, a few places have put in healthier vegetable shortening instead of lard, and a couple of other minor changes like the cut of meat used. It's importance in this area can be seen at local fund raisers for local groups and charities. Local food businesses make and sell anywhere from 50 to 100 pasties every day!

Pasty Legends:

From the cookbook Cornish Recipes Ancient and Modern, "It is said that the Devil never crossed the Tamar into Cornwall on account of the well-known habit of Cornish women of putting everything into a pasty, and that he was not sufficiently courageous to risk such a fate! However, that may be, the Cornish pasty, in its various forms, is a delectable dainty and deservedly world famous."

During the 1890's a pasty actually started a mine fire. What happened is a miner forgot about his meal warming on a shovel. The pasty eventually caught fire (because of the high amounts of lard) and spread to the timber holding the walls up.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post03-02-2011 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:
Toad in the hole is a funny British name for an egg fried in a hole in a peice of sliced bread. Its actually very good.
Bangers and mash sounds funny in the USA, but the Brits love it..

Not QUITE right, Neptune Toad in the hole is a batter called yorkshire pudding, baked as single puddings, or one large one, with pork or beef sausages cooked in it.
GORGEOUS with Bisto gravy and English Coleman's mustard Aaaagh!! Now I'm HUNGRY!!!!

Nick

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Ah..the pasty Yum!! I dated a yooper chick for about a year and every time she went up to visit the parents she came back with fresh home made ones from some place up their thats famous for them hmmmmmm yum the chick was a bi-ch but she had good taste in food!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009

Originally posted by fierofetish:

Not QUITE right, Neptune Toad in the hole is a batter called yorkshire pudding, baked as single puddings, or one large one, with pork or beef sausages cooked in it.
GORGEOUS with Bisto gravy and English Coleman's mustard Aaaagh!! Now I'm HUNGRY!!!!

Nick

That looks really good too kinda like brats on a bed of somthin like baked saur kraut yum!!
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
WITLOOF....boil Belgian Endive until it's not bitter anymore then saute it in butter. It's like cabbage for people with no taste buds.

VATTE DAMEN....raw pig intestines stuffed with seasoned lard. Sliced and served COLD with bread. Imagine a grease sausage.

Wonder why you never hear rave reviews about Belgian cuisine?
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Doni Hagan

8242 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by tbone42:

I miss my flips.

At least twice a week, my lady cooks Filipino.... Crispy Pata, Kare-Kare, Sinigang na Baboy, Longganisa, you name it.

Yeah, I KNOW! I'm not supposed to eat pork so don't tell anybody.....and pass the Inihaw na Baboy!
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
iolia - pasta with mixed in browned ground beef in a garlic and oil sauce.
Brejoult (spelling) - Stuffing wrapped by sliced roast beef and covered in a beef gravy and baked.
Goulash - elbo mac, browned ground beef or venison, halved skinless tomatoes, light chili mixed together, covered with cheese and baked.

Edit: I'm coming over your house Doni!

[This message has been edited by Finally_Mine_86_GT (edited 03-02-2011).]

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ktthecarguy:

How about mountain oysters?
Never tried 'em... and never will!

Even though I've always been a city boy, I've eaten my share of calf fries and lamb fries. They're good.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 03-02-2011).]

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

iolia - pasta with mixed in browned ground beef in a garlic and oil sauce.
Brejoult (spelling) - Stuffing wrapped by sliced roast beef and covered in a beef gravy and baked.
Goulash - elbo mac, browned ground beef or venison, halved skinless tomatoes, light chili mixed together, covered with cheese and baked.

Edit: I'm coming over your house Doni!

BYOB, man....any time!
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-02-2011 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
AOT (abortions on toast)

Open-faced scrambled egg sandwich smothered in ketchup and hot sauce.
PFF
System Bot
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post03-02-2011 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Bombay Duck..which is really a fish dish, not duck
Nick

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 03-02-2011).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

BYOB, man....any time!

I guess BYOB means Bring My Own B***h cause i don't drink.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-02-2011 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Hang around here long enough, and you will.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 03-02-2011).]

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

LMAO!!!
Marko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkoSend a Private Message to MarkoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

Even though I've always been a city boy, I've eaten my share of calf fries and lamb fries. They're good.

Born and raised on the farm,

participated in many round up, branding parties,

Never could stand Prairie Oysters, as we call them here,
just the sight of them turned me over.

Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

At least twice a week, my lady cooks Filipino.... Crispy Pata, Kare-Kare, Sinigang na Baboy, Longganisa, you name it.

Yeah, I KNOW! I'm not supposed to eat pork so don't tell anybody.....and pass the Inihaw na Baboy!

No Pansit? Do you eat Filipino spaghetti? With sugar and hot dogs? LOL
I have Filipino friends since I was a kid. Another white guy who was rather big, his name's Bobby he used to eat at their house all the time! My friends' Filipino grandmother always called him Baboy. One day years later went to a Filipino restaurant for the first time and saw Baboy on the menu with the translation underneath. Laughed my ass off. Baboy = Pig.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marko:

just the sight of them turned me over.

In that case, just think "sea scallops."

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 03-03-2011).]

topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
Chitlins, round these parts, or chitterlings for everyone else. Just the stench of cooking them has made some friends vomit Have to be careful with them though, can get very sick if not cleaned correctly. But very tasty if cooked and fried just right and served with some spicy mustard or bbq sauce.
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post
Here is the best of all ! Scrapple! It's a delaware/PA thing. It is great but you don't want to know what's in it ! mmmmmmmm Scrapple m m m m m m

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay