Portable GPS recommendations? by Rick 88
Started on: 02-25-2011 01:25 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: TommyRocker on 02-25-2011 03:29 PM
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
Real men don't need directions! However, my wife does not agree. She want to buy a GPS for me. How about some recommendations for an easy to use unit that updates. I don't need one that takes a rocket scientist figure out.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nmw75

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Direct Link to This Post
I have a Garmin hand held unit. It will do most everything but its not the easiest to use.

------------------
86 GT
87 coupe restoration project.

[This message has been edited by nmw75 (edited 02-25-2011).]

datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
I've been perfectly happy with my Magellan RoadMate
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
You can get a GPS at your local Costco or BJs. You can also get some of the Garmin models with lifetime updates of maps and free traffic alerts. They aren't that hard to use, but you should remember to only program them while your vehicle is stopped or by your co-pilot, if you are driving. Different brands of GPSs use different mapping software so some brands don't have the latest maps other brands have. If you really want to get a GPS cheap look for one on Ebay. Do some research first into what features you are looking for and see which brands/models have these.
If you also are looking into getting one of the new smart phones, forget about getting a GPS. The new smart phones can be used as a GPS and some even have dedicated dash mounts for this.
TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
I use my G2... It uses google maps and works very well... Plus it is useful for a lot of other things too, so you aren't spending a bunch of money for something you rarely use...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock