Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Boondawg and Tbone42's Weight Loss Extravaganza (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
Boondawg and Tbone42's Weight Loss Extravaganza by tbone42
Started on: 02-20-2011 07:53 PM
Replies: 314
Last post by: Boondawg on 12-31-2011 08:37 PM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post03-18-2011 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Red88FF:

Denial is our worst enemy, really, that is why we are having to do this in the first place!

Yup.

I am at that point myself.
I need to get back on it.

------------------
And they said one to another, "Behold, for here comes the dreamer. Come now, let us slay him and we shall see what then will become of his dreams." ~ Genesis 37: 19-20

IP: Logged
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:
Yup.

I am at that point myself.
I need to get back on it.

what this thread is all about - keeping each other going!
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Been a lazy arse all week, last day at the gym being Monday. Went to MMA that night and pushed a bit too hard also, and injured myself a bit (pulled groin muscle, took a round kick to the arm full force, etc). So last night I went to the gym around 10 and made my rounds on every machine I could get done. 3/4 of the machines in the gym in 3 hours. So today I am beat.

Still hanging around 214 lbs, but I have noticed a difference in my waistline and gut. My pants are getting too big, and my gut is shrinking

Still eating crap for food, but buying the healthiest thing on the menu that I can. Went to Panebello (Italian bakery here in Kearney) for breakfast yesterday, 3 egg omelet with peppers, onions, shrooms and swiss cheese, an asiago cheese bagel, and hot green tea with cream and sugar to drink. Dinner was a gouda chicken panini with an Italian antipasto salad and an Asiago cheese bagel.
fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
Would anyone mind if a chick joined in?? I don't know if some of you remember, but I lost a ton of weight a couple of years ago and I'm sitting here with 2/3 of it porked back on. I was walking 4.5 miles a day in under an hour, lifting weights for 30 minutes and doing another hour of cardio at least 5 times a week. Then I stopped, I started eating bad again, and here I am, so disgusted with myself it isn't funny.

Since I've been going to the doc, I found out along with the tumor and anemia (don't know if you guys saw that thread) I have high blood pressure too. So I want to be proactive, lose that weight again and keep it off this time. And dump that medication!! I think a lot of it has to do with my nerves, the surgery is next Thursday and who knows how long it will take to see if the tumor is cancerous.

I need you guys to tell me I'm worth doing this, somewhere along the way I gave up on me yet again. I've got to get back to where I was.

Anyway, I've been walking the past 2 nights, it's only a little over 2.5 miles, but it's a start again.

Breakfast - a couple of eggs, with a piece of cheese and a ton of tabasco!
Snack - about 2 oz of roasted chicken (from dinner last night)
Lunch - about 2 cups of lettuce, slice of ham chopped up, some sliced almonds, onions and a bit of dressing

As you can tell, I'm going lo carb again, I've got to stay away from that stuff, I think I'm addicted to them!! Once I start, I have a hard time stopping.

Dinner will be a pork loin grilled with fresh green beans steamed.

Must get my butt out and walk again tonight. I think I'll make it 3 miles.

Hope you guys don't mind me joining in.....you're all doing great!!!

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 08-11-2011).]

joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroDirect Link to This Post
Sincerely sorry for not posting in this thread for a while. I have still been dieting and doing well with it. Unfortunately it looks like I lost 10 lbs rather quickly then put it right back on. I dont understand what Im doing wrong here, I really have been eating much healthier than I did just over a month ago. Last night when the family got pizza (the wife really wanted it) I ordered a grilled chicken salad instead of eating the pizza. I have been doing this regularly, grilled chicken when I would normally eat wings, veggies instead of fries, fruits and nuts instead of ice cream and fried goods for dessert. I try to eat a solid 3 meals a day with small snacks in between.

Oh well, even though I havent really been losing the weight well, I do feel more energetic, lighter on my toes and less "lazy". Pants are fitting better too. I will continue as I am determined, but some results once in a while would be nice.

Today:
B-small bowl of special K cereal with 1% milk
L-leftover pork tenderloin
D-Think Im gonna go with some grilled chicken from a nearby restaurant, with broccoli on the side.

-Joe
fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2011 05:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
Thanks tbone!

Well, I didn't walk yesterday. I worked in the yard for about an hour, it was beautiful here! Then I rode my bike, so I guess that counts. Making dinner I was getting dizzy, damn anemia, didn't want to go for walk and pass out somewhere on the sidewalk. I wish my iron levels would level out. I guess it will take awhile, the doc was amazed I was still on my feet working six days a week with my levels as low as they were.

Here's to today!

Joe, hang in there.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post03-20-2011 04:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I will only post on Sundays
Still (for ever ) stopped taking ANY kind of sugar. Breakfast is half a banana, strawberries and green apple sliced up and mixed with a small pot of natural pure yoghourt. I then break up a small digestive biscuit (diabetic type) into the bowl and mix it in. LOVE the crunchy texture it gives to the bland mix of food ) I cup of tea with skimmed lowfat milk in it. Mid morning is one slice of local Spanish bread with diet strawberry jam. Nothing more until 6:00pm or later. Ellie and I then sit down at the table, and eat a few small boiled potatoes, peas or runner beans, and some pure poached fish, or microwaved chicken breast. NO salt. NO sauces. We drink pure well water too.
I spend 10-15 minutes on the excercise bike, at about 50rpm constant. Aim for 5 kilometres non-stop. And 100 cals burned (the onboard computer tells you exactly how you are doing).
I am now:

178 lbs. I will be at 76 kilos (167 lbs) in 6 weeks...my weight when I was 21

I feel so much healthier! My legs and ankles no longer cripple me for an hour after I get up in the morning, and the resultant unsteadiness has gone. I don't wince in anticipation when I go up or down stairs.

Just as Joe has experienced, if you lose weight quickly at first, you are not doing it PROPERLY, and it will come back just as easily.
Losing weight slowly and consistently seems to indicate that weight is being shifted for GOOD Rapid weight loss will lead to rapid weight gain not long after.
Thanks for this thread tbone42 I can now wear my favourite jeans again, I haven't lost any of my muscle, and am putting a LOT of strength back into my legs on the bike. I have always walked the dogs for 10 years, 3 times a day, averaging about 6 kilometres, so that is not really making the difference. EXTRA cardio excercise, and cutting out sugar HAS

Darlene: you are a young lady still. Just because you are a Mom and Grandmom doesn't mean you are past being beautiful (and you are ). Take it slowly, steady and sure, and you WILL shed it all again. bear in mind what I say about rapid weight loss. Slow but steady wins the day!!
Good luck, sweetheart..we love ya tooooo!

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 03-20-2011).]

fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2011 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Nick! I'm glad you are feeling much better! That's awesome!!

Yeah, yeah slow and steady, I just dropped 7 pounds since Tuesday. I'm sure all of that is water weight , so we will see how I do next week.
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2011 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2011 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
I gained a pound... heh... I was really off the wagon, or on it (however that works). But I am being hard-core on/off the wagon this time.

I ran 3.2 miles this morning with ankle weights. It's been a few weeks since I've last run, and it was BRUTAL. I have a lot more energy at night. I had to stop after 2 miles and walk about half a mile before I could run again...

Not sure if I should reduce the ankle weight, or increase it and kick my ass.

Wife's parents are taking me out to dinner tonight for fixing their computers, etc... and they like to "schtupp" me... God help me...

PFF
System Bot
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2011 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-22-2011 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Weigh-in Day.

When I started 3 months ago:

Chest (around nipples) - 47"
Waist (around beer belly) - 52"
Hips - 48"
Weight: 270.2

Today:

Chest (around nipples) - 45 1/2"
Waist (around beer belly) - 47"
Hips - 45"
Weight: 244.4

------------------
And they said one to another, "Behold, for here comes the dreamer. Come now, let us slay him and we shall see what then will become of his dreams." ~ Genesis 37: 19-20

Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2011 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
I think I need to get in on this. After a few months where I had some health issues and laid about, I am somewhere around 270lbs now, was at 240 for a while I should weigh 180-190. Just starting to actually try at losing the weight, no more soda, eating junk still but in smaller amounts, back on the treadmill. I been playing in a tennis league 1x a week but not doing any other exercise til this week. I think I make people in the league nervous, like I'm bout to have a heart attack LOL
Anyway I would like to lose at least 70lbs. Need to do the treadmill when I get home today!
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2011 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2011 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

tbone42

8477 posts
Member since Apr 2010

Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2011 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Bravo Boonie! Congrats bro!

I'm still around 214 Can't seem to lose anything else, but I have lost about 2 inches waist size. Went from a 38 down to a 36 waist, and 36 is still a bit loose on me Works out great though, since that's what I'm mainly shooting for (smaller pants hehe). Still want to be down to 200 by June though, so it looks like I need to start busting my hump (yes tbone, I said hump huh huh huh ) and working the gym more/harder.

6 lbs down and 14 more to go!

[This message has been edited by Xerces_Blackthorne (edited 03-22-2011).]

craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2011 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post
Congrats guys! I have been siliently following this thread. I helped my dad go from 325lbs to 205lbs last year, just by changing his eating habits and getting him more active. Myself, I am 125lbs soaking wet so feel free to send some of that extra weight here. I think its great what you all are doing, keep it up.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2011 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
not the best night at the gym - still at 219#
the slow creep continues
started getting lightheaded on the eliptical - so - stopped that, showered & went home
did do the rounds on the weight machines before the eleiptical, so - at least got that in
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2011 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
ug! 223# WTF!?!

damnit...they must have re-calibrated the scale at the gym - or something....

wasn't all the beers I put away around St Patties

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2011 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
I ate a whole pizza yesterday for lunch. Doubt that will hale bring my weight down...
PFF
System Bot
fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2011 05:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
Ya know how hard it is to sit around the house being bored out of my mind and not be able to exercise. I keep on looking for things to eat, pull them out and put them back. Being off of work until Thursday is going to kill me!!
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-26-2011 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I have a simple meal which I eat twice a day. If you like fruit ice cream...then this is for you
Four large ripe strawberries, a quarter of a green Granny Smith apple, peeled and cut into chunks. Half a banana, sliced into 'coins', and a small container of fresh natural unsweetened yoghourt.

Lay the yoghourt in the bottom of a desert bowl, and then add the sliced starwberries. I sprinkle on a small amount of Esparteme diet sugar, and then add the sliced banana and apple chunks, then another half teaspoon of the diet sugar.
Break up two small digestive biscuits and add them to the bowl. These give a nice 'crunchy' texture to the mix

Mix all the ingredients lightly from the bottom up, and you have the most refreshing, tasty and crunchy mix you could wish for!!

I don't count calories but I am willing to bet this will fill you up, and taste great...and help to shed those pounds This is my breakfast! I then have a slice of local Spanish bread, which is so light and crusty, and a small amount of butter spread on it. Fresh squeezed local oranges and lemons for thirst-breakers, water too, and I eat it again after dinner (small portion of chicken or fresh ham, vegetables and a dash of hot red chile sauce ),at about 6:30pm. Nothing more until the next morning.
I weigh in today at exactly 80.2 kilos. 176 lbs.4 kilos to go, and I have 5 weeks to reach my goal
Nick
Edit to add: Ted!! On page 1 you have me down as starting at 178 lbs!! I was actually 187lbs...

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 03-26-2011).]

fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2011 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
I dropped 3 more, which isn't bad for laying around the house the last 3 days! I'm happy with it. I can't wait until I can start exerising again!
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2011 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2011 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
finally made it back to the gym last night
222# - damnit...thought I had gotten below 220....
anyways - place was packed - no open elipticals, so I went upstairs, and jogged the track. Jogging doesnt get the sweat on as quickly, but - at the end of the 30 mins - had enough. by counting strides, I worked out the track is a 1/8 mile. but, now that the weather is starting to get nicer - and the gym is close by - I will start riding my bicycle to the gym. that should really get things going.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-04-2011 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Where is everybody? All slimmed away to nothing?
I am now at 77.9 kilos.1.9 to go!!
Nick

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 04-04-2011).]

heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post
No, Nick. Still the same weight. I should feel guilty about all of you being diligent and setting goals and working to achieve them and I'm not, but I don't.
fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
Missed a week with the surgery and not being able to do much. I gained 1/2 pound last weeks sitting on my butt. This week, I exercised for an hour a day (except Monday) We went out to dinner last night but I was kinda good, just a lot more food than usual.

Hopped on the scale this morning, and lost 4 1/2 pounds. I'm happy with that. I want to do a bit more exercising this week, it's supposed to be nice out, so I'll try to do the hour of weight training and/or cardio a day and walk for about 3 miles too. I think that should kick start a bit more.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
I haven't changed what I eat just how much. I have lost 25 pounds so far. 5 to go to meet my goal but I think I need to meet the goal I set and failed 2 years ago. So 15 pounds has to come off before Christmas.
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2011 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I am now at 77.2. Kilos, or 169.9 lbs. Still not happy at that weight though, and I am going to go on until I reach 156lbs. I still have surplus weight around my kidneys and abdomen which needs to be gone!!
Nothing wrong with a gradual loss of weight . I believe the more gentle the weight loss, the more likely it will stay off.
Well done Darlene and Jake!!
Nick
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2011 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Back up to 247.9

Been eating whatever I want.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Back up to 247.9

Been eating whatever I want.

You need a smaller spoon
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2011 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

You need a smaller spoon

Or mouth.
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post
All I can say is fudge gram cookies are pure evil! If there is good cause for a law against anything it should be those little bastards!
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2011 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Red88FF:

All I can say is fudge gram cookies are pure evil! If there is good cause for a law against anything it should be those little bastards!

And pudding.
On bread.
Is cake.
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Been awhile since I've updated, but I've lost more weight. As of Thursday morning I was at 210. 10 more lbs to go by June 30 If I can get down around 195 again and stay there, quit smoking for good, and get back in shape (re: build and tone some muscle again), I'll be happier than a pig in a pile of sheisse (sp?)

I also now have to wear a belt with all my pants. I can squeeze my fat arse into 34 waist jeans again (for the first time in 4-5 years) 36 waist jeans fall off my arse

[This message has been edited by Xerces_Blackthorne (edited 04-10-2011).]

RossT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xerces_Blackthorne:

I also now have to wear a belt with all my pants. I can squeeze my fat arse into 34 waist jeans again (for the first time in 4-5 years) 36 waist jeans fall off my arse

I started the monavie diet 5 weeks ago and have lost 20 pounds. Was 226 now 206. I am slowly working up to the full diet (2 shakes, 2 capsules, 2 bars and one large meal a day). I am about 1/2 way there, so I am happy with my lose so far.

I invested in suspenders to keep my pants up. When, or if, I keep the wieght off I will buy new pants.

Best part of my dies so far is that I have not given up Pepsi or cheese. I just decreased the amount that I eat. That's what the monavie does for me.

Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RossT:

I started the monavie diet 5 weeks ago and have lost 20 pounds. Was 226 now 206. I am slowly working up to the full diet (2 shakes, 2 capsules, 2 bars and one large meal a day). I am about 1/2 way there, so I am happy with my lose so far.

I invested in suspenders to keep my pants up. When, or if, I keep the wieght off I will buy new pants.

Best part of my dies so far is that I have not given up Pepsi or cheese. I just decreased the amount that I eat. That's what the monavie does for me.

I've essentially been eating whatever I want, but less. And slightly healthier (i.e., more veggies, white meats instead of red meats, etc). Biggest thing I did was drop out as much sugar as possible, as well as salt on my foods (pepper I kept though, since it doesn't affect weight, blood pressure, etc). Tonight I drank 2 cans of Pepsi at BoH's place, and that was the first soda I have had for I don't know how long. Since getting back to PA, I am drinking way more water than I was in Nebraska (and I was drinking nothing but vitamin water and gatorade there), and have started drinking 1/2 gallon to a gallon of green tea a day. The green tea helps a lot with weight management, and is high in antioxidants and good for ya Not to mention tastes waaaay better than the Monavie It acts (for me at least) as an appetite suppressant, just like the acai berry in Monavie

[This message has been edited by Xerces_Blackthorne (edited 04-11-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock