Started on: 02-17-2011 03:58 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: FieroFanaticus2 on 02-21-2011 09:06 AM
FieroFanaticus2

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2011 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanaticus2Send a Private Message to FieroFanaticus2Direct Link to This Post
I've got a project I'm working on and am looking for a vehicle backglass (rear window) that is in good condition and removed from the vehicle.

It doesn't matter if it has defroster lines or not, just as long as the glass isn't cracked or scratched up real bad.

Doesn't matter what vehicle it came from as long as it's from a passenger car. Preferably something similar to a Jetta --- just an average ordinary every day vehicle.
Nothing with drastic curves to it.

Would be great if someone close by has something just laying around taking up space. I don't want to have it shipped to me, I will come get it. Free is best, but I might be able to pay a fair price for it.

I am in Fort Atkinson, WI 53538. I might be willing to travel 100 miles tops to get one.

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by FieroFanaticus2 (edited 02-19-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroFanaticus2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanaticus2Send a Private Message to FieroFanaticus2Direct Link to This Post
bump.
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
call up gibsons in neenah they have 20 fieros with defrost and without id bet they would charge u 10 bucks to pull one and 30 or so for the window tops ud have to go out their and pick it up tho
FieroFanaticus2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2011 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanaticus2Send a Private Message to FieroFanaticus2Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the info, unfortunately a Fiero backglass won't work for my project since it's flat and too narrow.... and I really suck at removing windshields and backglass windows myself (always end up cracking them).

Something along the lines of a Jetta, Malibu, Cavalier, Corolla.... that style (medium sized backglass with some curve).

This is going to be used as an instructional model and eventually end up as a display piece that showcases the highest grade of automotive Ceramic window film we carry.

Maybe some other forum members can snatch up some parts on the vehicles you mentioned though
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2011 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
I was going to suggest going to a pick a part and pulling a rear window from a full size truck. They are easy to get out without breaking for the most part. But then I read the part about the slight curve .

Wish I could help, but alas I don't keep extra back windows hanging around in my garage .

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 02-20-2011).]

FieroFanaticus2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2011 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanaticus2Send a Private Message to FieroFanaticus2Direct Link to This Post
Yeah, truck backglass windows won't work either. Too bad, they seem to be everywhere for cheap or free. Maybe I'm being picky but I just have a vision in my head what it should look like when the project is finished and I just don't think a narrow flat window will have the "pop" and appeal that a passenger car backglass will have.

There's one in Iowa on Ebay for $45. Would be perfect... as long as it gets out of the car unbroken, and from the picture he has it's still in the car. I sent him a message and will see what he says. Otherwise I'm looking all over Craigslist too.

I'm in no huge hurry, the sooner the better, but it doesn't have to be right now. If anybody sees anything that I can come pick up (within 100 miles or so) Please think of me!
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2011 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
Backglass is tempered glass and can't be cut right?
FieroFanaticus2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanaticus2Send a Private Message to FieroFanaticus2Direct Link to This Post
Usually, yes. They are a lot like a windshield.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock