Started on: 02-15-2011 07:10 PM
Replies: 19
Last post by: FriendGregory on 02-16-2011 10:39 AM
Ramsespride

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
I have the option to acquire a specially modified shotgun. Not just any shotgun, it has been encased within a Les Paul guitar!

Now before i get a bunch of warnings about shady deals, its at a local pawn shop and they do the required background checks etc.

The guitar is a beautiful ochre purple with a nice gloss and the rounds are loaded by sliding the shotty out of the bottom of the guitar, then the trigger, and butt stock are exposed and a modified (albeit useless) sight can be flipped up on the edge of the guitar, the gun kinda rotates and the barrel pokes from the neck.

I can get it relatively cheap but I and even the shop owner don't know the legality of the weapon-instrument hybrid and while it hasn't been proved to be in firing condition, the overall uniqueness of it is what caught my eye. The tag read 12 gauge shotgun with Les Paul. While i was looking in the gun area XD.

Anyone know if its actually legal to own? I cant find anything online that i don't have to pay for.

------------------

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
Also what does yoga and farming have to do with eachother?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post
The shotgun is ok, but you have to register the Les Paul. Considering how some are played, they ought to be illegal.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post02-15-2011 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
I wont pretend to know the law in your area, but i would bet if the gun had not been modified to piss off the ATF ( barrel length, stock, etc ) it would be legal to own, but not carry around.

What i would do is check it with a local gunstore, as they should know the local laws as good as anyone.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
Please tell me that this is not a real Les Paul guitar. Why would anyone do that to a Les Paul? You could just as easily do this to some cheap guitar. Sorry, I know this doesn't answer your question, but I can't get get past the Les Paul guitar rape.

Jim
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

Please tell me that this is not a real Les Paul guitar. Why would anyone do that to a Les Paul? You could just as easily do this to some cheap guitar. Sorry, I know this doesn't answer your question, but I can't get get past the Les Paul guitar rape.

Jim

I feel the same way and as im an avid player of fine and rare guitars myself, i felt the pain.
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
OK that is awesome!!! I want it!
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
Oh and as far as i can tell the Shotgun is fully removable for cleaning etc and hasnt been modified at all. Its a Mossberg 500 nearly identical to the one i own currently
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
Check local gun laws...

I think cut off shoot gun need more that basic background check... likely machine gun, suppressor, etc...

If local law and you can get license/paperwork then yes, you can own it legally.

Of coarse it's a real gun and not a good flake...

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post02-15-2011 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

Check local gun laws...

I think cut off shoot gun need more that basic background check... likely machine gun, suppressor, etc...

yes, that was my part about pissing off the ATF, they frown on sawed off shotguns with short barrels. ( i forget the 'legal length' these days )

But if its stock like suggested above, i do think it would be legal. I don't think there are restrictions on 'gun cases', as long as you leave it at home.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ramsespride:

Oh and as far as i can tell the Shotgun is fully removable for cleaning etc and hasnt been modified at all. Its a Mossberg 500 nearly identical to the one i own currently

So you are worried about buying a stock shotgun with a custom carrying case?

Sounds pretty simple to me.

Brad
brandon87gt

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brandon87gtSend a Private Message to brandon87gtDirect Link to This Post
If it is actually just a carrying case then its no big deal but it doesn't sound like that is the case. Legal length for a shotgun is 18". It also sounds like an unmodified gun but who knows. If the dealer doesn't even know the legality of it he is stupid for putting it up for sale.

I'm having a hard time imaging what this looks like but can the shotgun be fired from the guitar while concealing the firearm? If so, then the guitar should likely be registered as an AOW. If it is obviously a gun while firing you are probably ok but walking a thin line with the BATFE.

Like I said I'm having a hard time imagine what this looks like though.
PFF
System Bot
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post02-15-2011 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
This thread needs pics! That sounds so El Mariachi, I would love to pick something like that up, just for the unique factor.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
I have a Tech 22 with silencer and have an Uzi in storage......I've never been hassled
dennis_6

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post
If the shotgun measures 18 inches from breech to barrel tip it is legal. If not it is a SBS and needs a 200 dollar tax stamp.
Your local or state laws could still cause this to be an illegal condition.
As far as concealed thats a lot more interesting sounds like it might fall under AOW rules 5 dollar tax stamp, but both require extensive background checks, waiting, and hair pulling before you can legally purchase.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post
Ewwwwww! Neither fish nor fowl, is it?
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Closest I can find

http://www.branchguitars.com/guitars.html

Now that, I like!

Jim
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post02-15-2011 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:
I think cut off shoot gun need more that basic background check...

Cut off shotgun needs a hacksaw, a file, and some emery cloth.....and not much else.
dennis_6

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post
unless the barrel is shorter than 18". Then you must register it as a Short Barrel shotgun before you purchase or modify. That is a 200 dollar tax stamp and some hoops to jump through. Don't pay and go to federal prison. Yes, gun laws are bs.
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:I have a Tech 22 with silencer and have an Uzi in storage......I've never been hassled

Ummm, out of state and registered with a friend that lives there. I would not want your stuff pulled apart by the government looking for them.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock