Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  First Charged with Texting causing a Death.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

First Charged with Texting causing a Death. by rogergarrison
Started on: 02-11-2011 10:51 AM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Mickey_Moose on 02-11-2011 01:31 PM
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Ohio man now charged with vehicular manslaughter for killing his own daughter. They need to add a bunch more years possible though in my opinion. I also think anyone causing permanent injuries or death should permanently lose drivers license.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/...aughter-3-ar-393212/
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lima News:
The Lima News reports that investigators believe Harp was going 55 mph when he hit the stopped pickup. The impact of the crash caused his car to bounce in another lane and hit a third vehicle.

Harp's daughter Macy died in the crash and his 7-year-old daughter Shannon was seriously injured.

The State Highway Patrol says Harp first denied that he was texting but later admitted to it and told investigators that he never saw the truck.

A trajedy that could have so easily avoided. My heart sinks thinking about this.

------------------
Ron

Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post02-11-2011 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

A trajedy that could have so easily avoided. My heart sinks thinking about this.

X2.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post02-11-2011 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
X3

Can't get text driving penalties = drunk driving penalties fast enough IMHO.
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
..while not charged with texting while driving - admitted to it (the sad part is she was so busy, didn't even know she had killed someone):

Taryn Crawford, 25, pleaded guilty to careless driving Thursday in provincial court.

Crown prosecutor Brendan Gaunt told court Crawford had been driving her Honda Civic north on 97 Street near 144 Avenue about 10:25 a.m. on July 24 when “for some reason” she ran into the back of a Land Tec work truck, pinning Sefatullah Khanzadeh, 19, and resulting in him suffering “severe crushing” injuries that led to his death.

While there was no mention in the abbreviated facts read in to secure the guilty plea of Crawford texting on her cellphone at the time, it was cited in a recent Alberta Workplace Health and Safety report into the fatality.

The Feb. 23 report says Crawford “was distracted from driving responsibilities and did not see the landscape truck or (Khanzadeh)” and describes what the driver behind her saw after stopping and going over to the car.

“The witness stated that when the passenger vehicle’s driver got out of her vehicle, she was seen to be texting on her cellphone,” says the report. “The driver of the passenger vehicle did not even know that she had crushed a landscape worker.”

http://www.edmontonsun.com/.../06/24/14505111.html

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 02-11-2011).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock