Started on: 02-10-2011 08:08 PM
Replies: 17
Last post by: Scottzilla79 on 02-15-2011 03:47 AM
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Over the past few weeks I find myself becoming annoyed at some of the car insurance commercials. Particularly the Geico pig commercial. Lets face it, it was great at first. Now it is just overplayed and dumb. Recently its all I ever see when I watch Hulu. But I actually saw 2 commercials besides the pig one and couldnt help but laugh. I now present to you, my new favorite commercials (pretty sad when the commercials are better than the shows, don't you agree? )

So lets see those commercials guys
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
Marvin McInnis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post
None! At best, they all misrepresent; at worst, they flat out lie. The business of advertising is deception, and such is the nature of "free speech" today.

The most annoying to me are of the "Are you stupid and shallow enough to be our customer?" variety.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 02-11-2011).]

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xerces_Blackthorne:

Over the past few weeks I find myself becoming annoyed at some of the car insurance commercials. Particularly the Geico pig commercial. Lets face it, it was great at first. Now it is just overplayed and dumb.

NOW its overplayed and dumb? I almost broke a foot running for the remote so I could mute it when this POS came on. Months ago.
otakudude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for otakududeSend a Private Message to otakududeDirect Link to This Post
I think the Trunk Monkey commercials are the best out there. Here's a compilation video with some of the older ones they produced. It's about four years old so it's not up to date with the newer commercials in the series.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I very much dislike the Progressive ads, with the girl salesperson. She's such a dingbat.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
I love mayhem, and now I want a trunk monkey. I haven't seen those commercials here. Must be regional.

Jim

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Yeah by far, the Mayhem ones! Specifically the new one where he is a GPS system, and the old one where he drives the pink SUV thru a parking lot. I laugh every time I see those.
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I very much dislike the Progressive ads, with the girl salesperson. She's such a dingbat.

The Progressive ones are my favorite. Some people appreciate Flo's humor, others not so much.

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 02-11-2011).]

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post02-11-2011 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Recalculating... lol!

I've never made a purchasing choice based on any commercial, ever, but I do enjoy the entertaining ones as very short stories.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
My favorite thus far is the GEICO "Drill Sargeant" commercial with R Lee Ermey (posted above). Some of the Allstate Mayhem commercials are pretty good too (like the "Teenage Girl" and "Large Espresso").

PFF
System Bot
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Heh, I like the trunk monkey ones Anyone notice though towards the end when the paramedic monkey came out that the guy somehow lost his pants?

The Mayhem Espresso one I've never seen. Very good Allstate commercials never get old (unless its the old African American gentleman )
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post
I initially loved Flo from the progressive commercials, ut she's starting tom get on my nerves. I've had enough.

The Allstate Mayhem commercials are irritating to me. But I have to admit, that guy does a fantastic job! His performances are perfect.

The older Allstate (?) commercials with the African-Amenrican gentlemen were REALLY annoying. I hated them, and Allstate.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

I love mayhem, and now I want a trunk monkey. I haven't seen those commercials here. Must be regional.

Jim

Did someone mention "tunk monkey" ?

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/071642.html

[This message has been edited by kyunderdawg (edited 02-11-2011).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I can see I do not watch enough TV. I've never heard of most of those.
ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveDirect Link to This Post
Mayhem and Flo are pretty good but no matter what, these will always be my favorite...

1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2011 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ShockWave:

Mayhem and Flo are pretty good but no matter what, these will always be my favorite...

What is in the water in Illinois?!?!?
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
Chicago has some of the greatest local commercials.
I think the Geico Caveman commercials are truly brilliant even if they overdid it eventually.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock